Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Throw These Forums To The Hell From Which They Cameth From.

OriKlein

This "lets slap HTML code on everything" is just the last nail in a huge coffin that's been constructed for years.

These amateur, piece of junk, slopply-coded, vBulletin-ripoff, *explicitives*...

[cut a hour of frustration, turmoil, negative peer tech review and many slurs]

...and so is why I beg you to replace them.

I'm even willing to purchase and donate you the enormously-expensive yearly license for vBulletin, if need be.

But for crying out loud, please switch to a PROFESSIONAL forum not made of zigzags and zugzugs that even an IT reject student could've outdone.

sorry, the "IT reject student" part caught my eye...if the IT student was a "reject", there may be a possibility that he/she may not even be able to make a "PRO"-forum. 

and also sorry, i don't totally follow considering your first paragraph as it seems like you don't like the current forum format?

Edited by asurako989

I might mention that these forums exists for feedback, in order for us players to show our opinions on how to improve the forums, site and the user interface.

You have every right to voice your opinion and make suggestions for improvement, a right I would defend to the very end. However, when submitting ideas for improvement it is customary to be polite, constructive and be willing to not only present your own opinions, but to receive them as well.

Control your temper and you may find that making suggestions to the community can in itself be a fun experience.

I wish you fortune in your next, hopefully constructive, endeavor.

Edited by Felandi

sorry, the "IT reject student" part caught my eye...if the IT student was a "reject", there may be a possibility that he/she may not even be able to make a "PRO"-forum. 

and also sorry, i don't totally follow considering your first paragraph as it seems like you don't like the current forum format?

The IT reject won't be able to make a professional forum. He'll be able to make better than the garbage that Invision spews, though. I hope DE aren't being charged for their license; complete rip-off.

Admittedly I've done a poor job of providing the prologue.

*ahem*

The forum has a nasty habit of, intermittently, throwing in the HTML code into the post. For absolutely no logical reason (parsing error? packet drop during upload? Apache's daemon got drunk?); which I attribute to the horrendous code that Invision produce.

Behold as it even does it to Steve!!! (those <p> tags).

Now imagine if he had written a lengthy post (tons of <p>), used shift+enter for small line jumps (<br> break tags), used quotations and what not (& &bnp; so forth).

One of my last posts got mangled like that (after several more prior) and that prompted this thread.

E9fI3.gif

THIS IS AWESOME!

You, sir, have won +ONE Internets!

The little notification icon at the top is the best feature ever. Don't take that away!

That is available in all forum softwares.

You are confusing layout for technological back-end.

I might mention that these forums exists for feedback, in order for us players to show our opinions on how to improve the forums, site and the user interface.

You have every right to voice your opinion and make suggestions for improvement, a right I would defend to the very end. However, when submitting ideas for improvement it is customary to be polite, constructive and be willing to not only present your own opinions, but to receive them as well.

Control your temper and you may find that making suggestions to the community can in itself be a fun experience.

I wish you fortune in your next, hopefully constructive, endeavor.

The power of hell compels me!

Well, I cannot be expected to be nice-nice 24/7. Even I have my pet peeves.

Besides, I deserve a good "run amoc 'o fun 'n hilarity ensues" once a while. :)

Lol, as expected you got downvoted by fanboys.

They can take it with the Main Man.

Lobo_bite_me_fanboy_jacket_by_Gothicpug.

Edited by OriKlein

I gathered you hate the software, and that you are having formatting issues, but it would be constructive to know which browser you are using, the repeatability of "hell forums", etc. You say several, so it isn't consistently garbling things? Does it depend on browser?

I've used/admined many forum softwares. I never liked Invision.

The issue is intermittent. Not browser dependent. Happens to other posters, as far as I can tell.

You submit the post, page refreshes and it decides to spout the HTML parsing into it.

I use Firefox 20.0.1, Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 and IE 8.0.6001.18702