Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some More Co-Op Oriented Features?

RageOfDragon

For now it's only one thing that you cant do alone in mission with other players: Open doors.

You still able to kill bosses, pass throw rooms and e.t.c.

Will it be some more CO-OP oriented gameplay?

as example hacking: one warframe cant hack it and you need 2 warframes to do hack in one moment to unlock all doors. (if to unlock one door we need 2 warframes...)

and not everyone can do jump so high (Excalibur) or run so high (Volt) so what about some climbing help?(if play solo remove rooms with co-op features from list of room that could be used to create dungeon)...

Players bring some more ideas maybe DE will see it and maybe add something (:

I would like to be able to combine powers with other warframes. Lets say a Ember puts down her Fire Blast, and a volt can put a Electric Shield on it and the shield would be absorbed in to the Fire Blast adding the electric element. Or if a Excalibur does a Slash Dash though a Fire Blast(or any other skill like that) his blade would have the fire element for the time he is Slash Dashing(the element would not stay).   

I think a big issue is that the majority of gameplay is done with random people. As such, there's no incentive to 'work together' because you'll likely not team with them again, or if you do then whatever you do in the first mission won't be remembered by the second.

I feel what we're getting is the COD effect: Other players are just decoys and things you can't shoot for points. 

Oh man I can see it now, two players run towards a tall wall, and two "[use button] to Climb" prompts on the left and right side.

When used like the dual-lock doors ("Your teammate needs your help to climb up an obstacle") camera focuses over the climbing wall, player on the left (henceforth known as '1st player') kneels with his fingers meshed making a platform. 2nd player steps on that, grabs the ledge with his right hand, holds out his left. 1st player jumps, grabs ahold and is hoisted up, 2nd player climbs on ledge.

Animation ends, camera moves back to over-the-shoulder

Would be neat to have but in usual warframe style, that particular chamber would have other ways to go upwards. Like two wallrunable ledges + one wallrun across a wall, and a long winding stair. That way

EDIT: derp forgot to fill in the blank space

Edited by Shion963

Solo, less ninja turtles, crybabies and other noobs, hard to find real players, there is no chalanging teamplay content and chat is broken, cant invite people from there to set up right team fast, clans are like another chat room, no use, its like random party with those i name before .

I think a big issue is that the majority of gameplay is done with random people. As such, there's no incentive to 'work together' because you'll likely not team with them again, or if you do then whatever you do in the first mission won't be remembered by the second.

I feel what we're getting is the COD effect: Other players are just decoys and things you can't shoot for points. 

So if they put it in game before release most people will know from start that this game based on co-op not solo playing! (:

Teams will vote for co-op improvements cause they want some teamplay, and solo players dont vote(they dont even come to website usually) (;

Edited by RageOfDragon

Would be neat to have but in usual warframe style, that particular chamber would have other ways to go upwards. Like two wallrunable ledges + one wallrun across a wall, and a long winding stair. That way

well ye i thought about this when i was creating post, but i have no idea where to add CO-OP in such game. So i asked players to reply under if they got any ideas, like ninja_gun do (;

Oh man I can see it now, two players run towards a tall wall, and two "[use button] to Climb" prompts on the left and right side.

When used like the dual-lock doors ("Your teammate needs your help to climb up an obstacle") camera focuses over the climbing wall, player on the left (henceforth known as '1st player') kneels with his fingers meshed making a platform. 2nd player steps on that, grabs the ledge with his right hand, holds out his left. 1st player jumps, grabs ahold and is hoisted up, 2nd player climbs on ledge.

Bindun, in one of the Splinter Cell games. It was quite an elegant twist on multiplayer, though probably requires playing with people you know, rather than random silent rushers.

Bindun, in one of the Splinter Cell games. It was quite an elegant twist on multiplayer, though probably requires playing with people you know, rather than random silent rushers.

I mostly only play with a group of set people, so I don't have the Rusher-teammate problem.

Co-op could be encouraged through longer harder missions. Missions that would be impossible to beat solo, or with the classic group run/gun/slash. Missions that require someone who can crowd control/tank and a support warframe like trinity to keep everyone energized and some high damage players.

There should be more skills as well. I'm not saying to give you more than 4 slots, just more options for those slots. If we can't design a warframe to play a specific role in a squad, then we won't play that way.

This would also require a much improved group finding UI. To complete this near impossible mission, I would want to be able to find the squad members I needed.

No one who plays this game wants to ruin the gameplay experience that is so awesome by turning it into another WOW, but we do need some more customization if we want that team approach gameplay. It would be a balancing act between the high pace action, and the strategy.

I would like to be able to combine powers with other warframes. Lets say a Ember puts down her Fire Blast, and a volt can put a Electric Shield on it and the shield would be absorbed in to the Fire Blast adding the electric element. Or if a Excalibur does a Slash Dash though a Fire Blast(or any other skill like that) his blade would have the fire element for the time he is Slash Dashing(the element would not stay).   

Not the eletri effect, but the eletric shield become a fire shield...

Loki put a decoy in some place and other warframes can use the decoy as target to AoE skills.

Co-op could be encouraged through longer harder missions. Missions that would be impossible to beat solo, or with the classic group run/gun/slash. Missions that require someone who can crowd control/tank and a support warframe like trinity to keep everyone energized and some high damage players.

There should be more skills as well. I'm not saying to give you more than 4 slots, just more options for those slots. If we can't design a warframe to play a specific role in a squad, then we won't play that way.

This would also require a much improved group finding UI. To complete this near impossible mission, I would want to be able to find the squad members I needed.

No one who plays this game wants to ruin the gameplay experience that is so awesome by turning it into another WOW, but we do need some more customization if we want that team approach gameplay. It would be a balancing act between the high pace action, and the strategy.

Great idea. Make a accent on WarFrame's roles. It should be as another type of mission i think. Its should be put on next level.

Something like rescue a group of hostages. This will recover strong cover from all sides.

Or like in Energy core destroying. To release it you need 2 levers be pushed at same time. And chain of the cores.

Brilliant. We need to make it loud, we need DE to hear it. I think its awesome idea.