Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frozen/fire Levels: More Atmospheric Elements

The frozen and fire levels have a nice bit of atmosphere, but soon it becomes clear that it's just random piles of ice and fire around the level. I'd like to suggest the following art and animation changes to these levels

Frozen levels.

1. Doors take a moment longer to react and creak open slowly. Also close very slowly.

2. Icicles on the ceiling in large rooms. If they're shot, they drop and do damage to enemies underneath them.

3. Containers encased in ice that have to be hit with a fire-element attack to break open.

Fire levels

1. Doors take a moment longer to react and stutter when opening. They open halfway, pause, and then grind the rest of the way open. Some doors will also 'stick' open with an extra grinding sound.

2. On Grineer and Corpus levels, have two of them carrying a container trying to get it away from the players. If one is killed, the other drops the container and takes to the attack.

3. Have some pipes with a flaming breach where, if shot, they explode in fire that disorients infested and light enemies around them.

I'd like to hear more ideas about how to make the ice and fire levels a unique experience rather than just 'regular level plus modifier.'

I think that these ideas have a lot of potential and would add nice climatic feel to the game, that most developers forget about.

I realy like icy ideas as well as fire ones, but I don't think that this...

2. On Grineer and Corpus levels, have two of them carrying a container trying to get it away from the players. If one is killed, the other drops the container and takes to the attack.

...is a good idea, It just seems pointless. But the rest is completely briliant. This topic needs more views.

Have made these suggestions before, but:

Ice - restrict it to one tile or one set of tiles instead of to the entire level. Said tiles can have the effect you're talking about. In addition, they can perhaps keep their half-shield debuff. This brings tactics into play when defeating enemies with high shields, because you'll want to do things like drawing them into the colder rooms, then disappearing into stealth in order to attack them. Alternatively, a tank with high shields can draw them in while the rest of the team takes them down in the weakened state. That kind of thing - the point is to open up new tactics with which to beat the enemy.

Fire - I'd love to parkour through the fire and leave confused Grineer behind.

Detailed those ideas a bit more here.

In fire levels I think they should add thick smoke x-meters from ceiling. This means rooms with high ceilings and outdoors would be unaffected, while in average rooms you would have to crouch under the smoke and pipes and vents would be totally filled.