Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Mode: Protect The Vip

QuasiObscuro

Ok this is my first post, so if there already extists a post like this my bad... but here goes

I was just stitting outside smoking a cig, When an idea for a new game mode came to mind, It would be called "Protect the VIP" and would a variation to the popular defense and mobile defense modes.

Basically you start in a map with multiple rooms and places where you can choose to defend, Giving you different fighting zones and tactics. At the start of the mission one player would be designated as the VIP, this player will lose his weapons and only be allowed to use thier abilities for the duration of his VIP time. During the time a player is the VIp he/she will not be allowed to be downed as this will casue the mission to fail. 

To make it more interesting and allow a player designated a VIP to not only be stuck with their abilities, after a certain period of time, be it five minute or so, a different player will be designated as VIP. This could happen during a rest period between waves or in the middle of a chaotic wave, Leading to a rapid change in tactics. As with the regular defense maps, there would be an option to exit the game every five waves, and the longer you play the better the loot would be.

It's just an idea which came to mind, so if people can think of other ways to improve this idea or say its a completely crap idea plz do say so.

I personally think it would lead to some fun gameplay.

The biggest issue I see with this is that teams of 4 rhinos would dominate at that gameplay mode.  The VIP would just endlessly use his iron skin and nothing could ever hurt him while he draws aggro letting everyone else kill everything and then collecting the energy orbs that drop.

Or if everyone equips shade then its GG for the enemies.

Edited by Tsukinoki

A valid point, But cant people do that now with normal defense maps?

And, you could create rooms with multiple entry points, thus if you have 1 rhino tanking one doorway the mobs could still flank through another door getting the others by surprise... Then again, I guess there would be plenty of people who do get a fun team together and enjoy the map instead of farm the living hell out of it.. But maybe thats my idealistic naivety speaking.

Edited by QuasiObscuro

If the AI is too abusable, What bout the introduction of Demi-Bosses, These units could be introduced throughout the game with all modes to increase difficulty. These mobs, being a category below regular boses and above heavy units. Since they are heavier than heavy units, theywould have strong shield, HP and armor. Yet since its not a boss could be hinderd by slow caused by freeze and other nerfs real bosses are invoulnerable to. They would have skills that can hinder the warframes and regroup the mobs. An idea for a skill based build could be;

1. a voulnerability skill: this skill would be used on tanks to remove the defense buffs so they return to a normal state, and for non-tanks an insta shield removal.

2. a disable skill: this skill could shut down the warframe abilities for lets say twenty seconds or so, pushing the warframe user to run for cover and shoot if they are skill dependent.

3. a regroup skill: this skill could remove crowd controll skills placed on small mobs, as for example remove chaos dropped on mobs by Nyx, and get them reorganized to continue the assault

4. a targeting skill: this would draw all fire from smaller mobs onto the target called by the demi-boss. he would prefer to call it on the VIP but also on other players.

As mobs in-game basically only use weapons and melee this could open up a new chapter in the warframe AI and gameplay.