The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lackluster Login Bonuses

Mourneblade

Best example I've seen of a daily log-in reward would be EXP boosts by multipliers. Don't exactly remember how much or which game it was from but it made it more worth it. I guess I'd be happy with a 10% boost as it definitely cannot be too high.

A spin for items and such would be good but only once the game is truly balanced out and finished. Right now there are alot of things that still need to be worked out so obvoiusly the economy is still in its extremely early stage.

my first prise from a 3star spin was an ember frame. after that ive been getting ammo, money or more ammo. i dont mind the ammo, infact i welcome it. if i ever deside to thr a shotgun, or a sniper, i have the spare ammo to get it started.

note: the ember frame is not a frame i am after so i felt kinda meh about getting it.

Edited by historyboi

You folks who keep saying "you get enough for free, stop complaining" are missing the boat and the reason for this thread. I'm not trying to undermine the spirit of this grind fest of a game. Im not begging for more free schit. I'm just calling for the developers to make the things we DO get for free more relevant to the player and slightly more useful than a few XP for maxed out gear/frame, or a sniper rifle ammo box when the player doesn't even own a sniper rifle, or awarding a weapon or other item, and not actually giving it to the player.

I don't really know how much more I can explain this without resorting to drawing pictures with crayons...

Dude, it's totally random items from the game and it's not supposed to be relevant. It's just a simple system to throw out random things.

And, yes, the idea that if you purchase items with plat you'll get a better chance at better items is cool, but the bonus rewards are not a essential part of the game at all. Dont really focus on it like you NEED to get something from it to play the game.

Maybe later on when/if the add goofy costemic stuff they could probably throw that in there. Stuff like a lotus logo for your frame, reindeer horns during X-mas, etc.

Well, I for one have to agree with the OP somewhat.

The log-in rewards are rather silly, and for the most part don't really help out in the slightest, which IMHO kind of defeats the purpose of them even existing.

I disagree that blueprints should be included, however materials - possibly ones that don't drop as often as feces from a donkey's anus and are utterly useless (*cough*salvage*cough*) - would be a very welcome addition. Hell I'd be at least somewhat grateful if I logged in and got 200 or even 100 rubedo as a reward.

I can't, however, say I'm very grateful when I log in and get a box of sniper ammo (which I of course don't use) or rifle exp for my maxed out Braton.

If you ask me, I'd much rather see them just give me 1 platinum every day for logging in and call it even. It's useful, it'll keep me logging (even if the game somehow begins failing to do so,) and ONE platinum a day will hardly put a dent in their income.

Think about it.

The purpose of daily rewards is to make players want to return. I am fine with the content they give out but I'd say at least increase the amount to something more substancial.

Phantasy Star Online 2 gave you points that scale the more you log-in. It could be called a lower tier platinum that could be spent on the market but for lower tier items (this does not include the in-game currency). They could do this by making a lower tier platinum reward but making the items in the market cost more than normal platinums.

e.g. Log in gives you 5 platinum II (the low tiers) and it would cost 60 platinum II for a reactor while it cost 20 normal platinums.

The log-in rewards are rather silly, and for the most part don't really help out in the slightest, which IMHO kind of defeats the purpose of them even existing.

I disagree that blueprints should be included, however materials - possibly ones that don't drop as often as feces from a donkey's anus and are utterly useless (*cough*salvage*cough*) - would be a very welcome addition. Hell I'd be at least somewhat grateful if I logged in and got 200 or even 100 rubedo as a reward.

I can't, however, say I'm very grateful when I log in and get a box of sniper ammo (which I of course don't use) or rifle exp for my maxed out Braton.

If you ask me, I'd much rather see them just give me 1 platinum every day for logging in and call it even. It's useful, it'll keep me logging (even if the game somehow begins failing to do so,) and ONE platinum a day will hardly put a dent in their income.

Think about it.

^This. Replacing the usesless stuff with crafting materials would help make it at least be a bit of a the motivator its intended to be. Not sure I agree on the platinum though.

Edited by Aggh

I agree that XP is pretty useless and sometimes not even wanted.

I don't agree that rare crafting items should be rewarded. They're rare.

Common crafting items and mods should be though, or at least there should be a chance of getting them instead of just some XP when you're getting level 3 rewards. So one day you might get unlucky and get XP, but another you might get a mod! Oh look, it's bad anyway, whatever I'll sell it for some credits.

Weapon mods and basic resources are easy to get, so why not have them as rewards?

The log-in rewards are supposed to be tiny. They a little bonus with the small chance for something great. Think of it like a free spin on a roulette wheel each day.

People always want more free stuff =\

Dude, it's totally random items from the game and it's not supposed to be relevant. It's just a simple system to throw out random things.

And, yes, the idea that if you purchase items with plat you'll get a better chance at better items is cool, but the bonus rewards are not a essential part of the game at all. Dont really focus on it like you NEED to get something from it to play the game.

Maybe later on when/if the add goofy costemic stuff they could probably throw that in there. Stuff like a lotus logo for your frame, reindeer horns during X-mas, etc.

Think about it.

But then-

my first prise from a 3star spin was an ember frame. after that ive been getting ammo, money or more ammo. i dont mind the ammo, infact i welcome it. if i ever deside to thr a shotgun, or a sniper, i have the spare ammo to get it started.

note: the ember frame is not a frame i am after so i felt kinda meh about getting it.

So wait. No one is cool with the idea of blueprints or blueprint parts, but everyone is cool with receiving an entire constructed and battle ready Warframe for free? Let me reiterate. You are against getting a little help CRAFTING a Warframe but still having to work and farm for it, but you're completely ok with the current system that awards Warframes for free just for logging in? I don't even know how to respond to this...besides SMH.

But then-

So wait. No one is cool with the idea of blueprints or blueprint parts, but everyone is cool with receiving an entire constructed and battle ready Warframe for free? Let me reiterate. You are against getting a little help CRAFTING a Warframe but still having to work and farm for it, but you're completely ok with the current system that awards Warframes for free just for logging in? I don't even know how to respond to this...besides SMH.

I don't really understand the mentality either, it's like having that 1 in a thousand chance of something great is considered better than having a 1 in 5 chance of something useful. An xp booster for a non-maxed weapon would change the way you played the game that day, but an ammo box...does nothing. When I see this, I repeat the following out loud:

Keep

Calm

And

Space

Ninja

On

^This. Replacing the usesless stuff with crafting materials would help make it at least be a bit of a the motivator its intended to be. Not sure I agree on the platinum though.

It's not a motivator it's a bonus.

You know, like, when you sign up for bank account and you get a clipboard, some pens, or a ruler?

People arent getting the back account because they want a clipboard.

But then-

I was replying to your post not his post.

Your reply is essentially arguing for a better chance at getting better stuff which, needless to say, is extremely different that a small chance at getting something good.

You know, like, when you sign up for bank account and you get a clipboard, some pens, or a ruler?

I was replying to your post not his post.

Your reply is essentially arguing for a better chance at getting better stuff which, needless to say, is extremely different that a small chance at getting something good.

That's a terrible analogy. Most people don't make a bank account every day of the week. It's not an account creation bonus, it's a login bonus. It's clearly designed to get people to at least login once a day even if they don't necessarily play.

Edited by Aggh

It's not a motivator I agree (Or if it is it's a poor one), but it has the potential to be.

The OP has some over enthusiastic expectations/suggestions, that's for sure... but that may be more towards how the reward system works currently.

I'm not incentivised in the slightest to login every day to get myself a silly little ammo widget that I equip only for the sole purpose of getting it out of my inventory (I have mild OCD :D)

So here's my opinion.

- Level 1 rewards would be Ammo drops, health packs and other consumables, and you should pretty much only get them at level 1 and not much else.

- Level 2 rewards would be Team Heals, Omni Ammo, Large health packs and the like. With a very small chance to receive perhaps a random standard grade mod.

- Level 3 would primarily be basic Mods, and if you are VERY lucky 1 day Credit or Affinity Boosters or rare mods. These to me seem like low grade incentives. Everyone can make use of mods (For the most part) and boosters are never a bad thing. Everyone can play a single round and get at least one mod... these are things DE can afford to throw at people.

Then, you could have a separate set of rewards on top of that if you really want to reward or incentivise

- Login every day for 7 days and get a Rare Mod (Miss a day, you start over)

- Login every day for 30 days and get a Blue print to an exclusive weapon blueprint which you still need to farm parts for... preferably on the more difficult scale. (Miss a day, you start over)
Edited by Cogrock

So here's my opinion.

- Level 1 rewards would be Ammo drops, health packs and other consumables, and you should pretty much only get them at level 1 and not much else.

- Level 2 rewards would be Team Heals, Omni Ammo, Large health packs and the like. With a very small chance to receive perhaps a random standard grade mod.

- Level 3 would primarily be basic Mods, and if you are VERY lucky 1 day Credit or Affinity Boosters or rare mods. These to me seem like low grade incentives. Everyone can make use of mods (For the most part) and boosters are never a bad thing. Everyone can play a single round and get at least one mod... these are things DE can afford to throw at people.

Then, you could have a separate set of rewards on top of that if you really want to reward or incentivise

- Login every day for 7 days and get a Rare Mod (Miss a day, you start over)

- Login every day for 30 days and get a Blue print to an exclusive weapon blueprint which you still need to farm parts for... preferably on the more difficult scale. (Miss a day, you start over)

If the log-in reward system must change, this right here is a more realistic way of going about it.

That's a terrible analogy. Most people don't make a bank account every day of the week. It's not an account creation bonus, it's a login bonus. It's clearly designed to get people to at least login once a day even if they don't necessarily play.

The specific example is not the point, dude.

Do you log into Warframe for the prize wheel or to play as a space ninja slicing stuff like a samurai?

It's not a motivator I agree (Or if it is it's a poor one), but it has the potential to be.

The OP has some over enthusiastic expectations/suggestions, that's for sure... but that may be more towards how the reward system works currently.

I'm not incentivised in the slightest to login every day to get myself a silly little ammo widget that I equip only for the sole purpose of getting it out of my inventory (I have mild OCD :D)

It shouldn't be viewed as an incentive to log in at all.

If you dont like what you get sell and you got a few credits out of it.

We are in closed beta so im sure as stuff progresses we are going to get a more things put in but people should not expect to actually get consistent gains from some random prize wheel. You are supposed to play to actually get all that stuff.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

The specific example is not the point, dude.

Do you log into Warframe for the prize wheel or to play as a space ninja slicing stuff like a samurai?

The novelty space ninja slicing stuff and the general grind eventually wears off. Giving them a little something for free will keep them coming, people just like free stuff. You may not like it, but login bonuses are a motivator no matter how you try to twist it.

It shouldn't be viewed as an incentive to log in at all.

Then why does it only reward you if you log in once per day? That's exactly the point, to provide an incentive for logging in.

I'd like to see an option to "save" your daily reward, if the above suggestions are ignored, so you build up say seven days' worth of rewards for a blueprint or something similar.

The novelty space ninja slicing stuff and the general grind eventually wears off. Giving them a little something for free will keep them coming, people just like free stuff. You may not like it, but login bonuses are a motivator no matter how you try to twist it.
Then why does it only reward you if you log in once per day? That's exactly the point, to provide an incentive for logging in

It's a bonus.... that's why its called a bonus.

If you see it as something else that's on you because the thing clearly states what it is which is a bonus.

What you folks are suggesting will ACTUALLY turn it into a movitator because you are sure to get a better chance a good things. And who in their right mind wouldnt log in every single day even if they dont play just to get cool stuff? But if you are given a good chance a good stuff dailty why would anyone spend any cash on anything? You guys remember that they DO have to make money, right?

. I'd like to see an option to "save" your daily reward, if the above suggestions are ignored, so you build up say seven days' worth of rewards for a blueprint or something similar.

This is a good idea but it should still just be a random roll at slightly better stuff and not something definite.

The login roulette shares the same purpose as the in-store credit cards that various chains implement - to encourage the continued loyalty of the user/customer. To do that, the offer being made has to be practical and useful to some extent. I'm not saying they should start dishing out Reactors and Catalysts willy-nilly, but as it stands the Tier 3 rewards simply do not cut it.

Also, someone got a @(*()$ Ember frame out of it? Jesus, I didn't even know that was possible. I put in a considerable amount of time and effort to make mine. That irks me.

If you see it as something else that's on you because the thing clearly states what it is which is a bonus.

What you folks are suggesting will ACTUALLY turn it into a movitator because you are sure to get a better chance a good things. And who in their right mind wouldnt log in every single day even if they dont play just to get cool stuff? But if you are given a good chance a good stuff dailty why would anyone spend any cash on anything? You guys remember that they DO have to make money, right?

This is a good idea but it should still just be a random roll at slightly better stuff and not something definite.

I guess bonus checks are just bonuses, right? They couldn't possibly be intended to motivate people to get better results. You're playing a semantics game with a concept that you don't seem to understand.

Believe it or not, publishers and devs want people to log in to their game. Even if they don't intend to play, or for that matter, spend any money, there's a chance that they might do that anyways. It's the same kind of logic behind stores having items on sale, getting people in the door is worth it.

I know it's a bonus, no one would name it "login incentive", that's transparent and offputting to players. Bonus has a better ring to it. It functions as an incentive by reducing the amount of effort from that point to play the game, i.e.; "I'm already right here, might as well click a mission" instead of "Run launcher, wait for updates, hit play, log in, click mission", which encourages people to play when they might have otherwise just not played that day.

I have no problem with the bonus system. I see the bonus as something like " to help you with your mission's today heres some ammo, heath, ect. The fact that some people are claiming that its used to help might maybe get someone to login get something or nothing then say oh already logged in might as well play cause I'm here. Isn't something I agree with . Infact I feel the devs should take the reactors, catalyst, and frame stuff out of the bonus that way people wouldn't complain. Heck maybe even remove the bonus system all together cause people are just gona see what they get think its crappy then demand somethign better for saying hey i started up your game and all i got was some lousy ammo packs instead of something like frame parts grrr. But hey that just my opinon on it.

I have no problem with the bonus system. I see the bonus as something like " to help you with your mission's today heres some ammo, heath, ect. The fact that some people are claiming that its used to help might maybe get someone to login get something or nothing then say oh already logged in might as well play cause I'm here. Isn't something I agree with . Infact I feel the devs should take the reactors, catalyst, and frame stuff out of the bonus that way people wouldn't complain. Heck maybe even remove the bonus system all together cause people are just gona see what they get think its crappy then demand somethign better for saying hey i started up your game and all i got was some lousy ammo packs instead of something like frame parts grrr. But hey that just my opinon on it.

So punish players by removing the login bonus for wanting more . That sounds like a horrible suggestion. And it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not; it's a proven tactic in real life and video games everywhere. Having someone logged in/inside your store increases the chances of them buying something/spending time there, so anything you can do to seemingly remove obstacles to playing/shopping is a valid option if the cost is justified.

So punish players by removing the login bonus for wanting more . That sounds like a horrible suggestion. And it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not; it's a proven tactic in real life and video games everywhere. Having someone logged in/inside your store increases the chances of them buying something/spending time there, so anything you can do to seemingly remove obstacles to playing/shopping is a valid option if the cost is justified.

Login bonus are just that a bonus it gives u a little something that really has no heavy affect on day by day play or impact on what you could already do. Last time i checked one of the features didn't include "rewards for daily login" so the fact that they even give you a bonus is something they felt like doing. The fact that your asking for more from the system is pretty selffish.

Example theres a chance for reactors or catalyst to drop from bonus (I feel they shouldn't even have put it in there) which drop "?" alearts they could have easily not put it into the bonus cause your pose to do alearts or buy plat for it. The fact that you feel that a unimportant BONUS system that is not a core of gameplay should give you something to make you feel like your taking the time to play (a game that i don't find at all that grindy compared to some games out there) is pretty selffish.

But hey thats just my opinon.

Ona side note.. what obstacles are in this game for you? Upgrades can be gotten from "?" alerts. Warframes and Weapons from getting blueplrints are then taking the time to farm the mats then waiting a few hours-days to build. I see nothing in this game that stops or holds you back from playing and enjoying this game.

Edited by DeathFromBelow

Login bonus are just that a bonus it gives u a little something that really has no heavy affect on day by day play or impact on what you could already do. Last time i checked one of the features didn't include "rewards for daily login" so the fact that they even give you a bonus is something they felt like doing. The fact that your asking for more from the system is pretty selffish.

No one has said the login bonus is not a bonus. (This is bothering me trying to read your posts. The words are "you", "effect", "I", "you're", "selfish"). Asking for something is only "selfish" if you prevent someone else from getting something as a result of it; that's clearly not happening with digitally made "items". Also, I haven't asked for anything; you're getting confused about who said what in this thread and for some reason have decided to throw it all at me.

Example theres a chance for reactors or catalyst to drop from bonus (I feel they shouldn't even have put it in there) which drop "?" alearts they could have easily not put it into the bonus cause your pose to do alearts or buy plat for it. The fact that you feel that a unimportant BONUS system that is not a core of gameplay should give you something to make you feel like your taking the time to play (a game that i don't find at all that grindy compared to some games out there) is pretty selffish.

("there's", "alerts", "supposed", "an", "I", "selfish") I have yet to hear anyone actually getting an upgrade item from the daily bonus, even though we see it in the rotation. "Skill crane" games in arcades will do this too, tempt you with that expensive prize you might win but really have a super low chance of getting. I haven't seen a single "?" alert in the last day and a half, and I've been leaving Warframe logged in with a fully unlocked solar system checking about every 20 minutes just to prove it to myself; your experience may vary. The bonus system only seems unimportant to you because you are restricting its options in your mind; it could be expanded and modified to be something people work for in game and makes people log in more than they do. And again, see the above about selfishness. Also, this game is nothing BUT grind; every mission might as well be identical to every other one because they have no impact on anything.

But hey thats just my opinon.

("that's") This is always meaningless to say.

Ona side note.. what obstacles are in this game for you? Upgrades can be gotten from "?" alerts. Warframes and Weapons from getting blueplrints are then taking the time to farm the mats then waiting a few hours-days to build. I see nothing in this game that stops or holds you back from playing and enjoying this game.

("On a", "weapons") The same obstacles/steps that exist for everyone. Starting the launcher, waiting for it to check game files, checking for updates, launching the game, logging in, looking to see what bugs have cropped up, checking the foundry to see if anything has finished yet, checking market for new items, then maybe playing a mission. By adding a tiny reward after a few of those steps, the game makes it easier/more convenient/more worthwhile to log in. This is, again, seen in practice in real life stores and video games everywhere. I, like anyone else, have any number of choices and demands on which to spend their limited time so dangling a tiny carrot serves to make this particular choice more appealing. It's a basic idea.

Edited by Wiawyr

well to me, i don't really care for the login rewards system, i mean its all in luck, like few days before i got a ash warframe, and some other days i got some rifle ammo pack, which is VERY useful for me since i use Gorgon the ammo eater

but i guess it won't hurt if the rewards were better