Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ping Limit Set To 100 Ms But Ignored By Game

AluminumHaste

I have my ping limit set to 100, but I'm getting games with the host pinging at over 3-4000 ms!

Sometimes it takes up to 10 seconds for doors to open, and enemies are teleporting all over the place.

Seriously when is DE going to be getting some dedicated servers? This player hosting experiment is an utter failure.

I get 1 good host out of maybe 20.

It doesn't makes sense for DE to include dedicated servers... financially. Servers are REALLY freaking expensive.

That being said I've heard great things about cloud server tech... that could fit their needs.

If they fixed that broken &#! ping limit however then I think it's work fine. They just need to analyse user connections and in-game performance a little better to make sure a guy with a mediocre connection playing on a toaster isn't the one hosting a spawn/performance heavy tile set/game mode.

PC and connection performance can both be fairly well benchmarked. Giving players a "Host rating" might not be all that tricky. Lower the rating, the less chance you have to host.

If someone with a MUCH better host rating joins the game then perhaps host migration can also kick in to improve the experience.