Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Remove Frame And Weapon Slot Limits Or Offer A Free Way To Get Them

BigJim1321

Please dont compare PvP against PvE games, only because both of them are Free 2 Play. It just makes no sense. I could tell you a few reasons, why Champions in Dota 2 or LoL arent locked, but these reasons wont make any sense in Warframe.

Edit: the slots are fairly priced in my eyes.

Edited by Sebbo

Please dont compare PvP against PvE games, only because both of them are Free 2 Play. It just makes no sense. I could tell you a few reasons, why Champions in Dota 2 or LoL arent locked, but these reasons wont make any sense in Warframe.

Edit: the slots are fairly priced in my eyes.

Why not compare PvP with PvE games? We are comparing the cash-shop or F2P model, we are not comparing gameplay stuff.

If for example LoL only allowed you to get 30 champions, then you could have filled every role you want and have even more "free slots" to get champions that you think you will like.

The whole PvP vs PvE is nonsense because "pro" players in LoL only used a few heroes, i don't think anyone used more than 5 on a specific role. They never used 20 or 30 because they are not all viable. They only used what they were good at and knew how to play very well, filling a specific role.

Having more champions =/= advantage. You can play LoL with only 10 champions and never get anything else, or you can play to get all of them.

EDIT: @ Venarge, maybe the ranking up and gaining slots would be a good idea now, but what will you do after a year? just to get half the slots you would have to be rank 12. Is anyone rank 12?

Edited by Story4

EDIT: @ Venarge, maybe the ranking up and gaining slots would be a good idea now, but what will you do after a year? just to get half the slots you would have to be rank 12. Is anyone rank 12?

I dont say screw free players cause they havent paid bla bla. Thats just BS. I think free players should get the same content paying players have. I dont want to restrict free players either. I simply think that a few slots are ok but if I played 100 hours+ and still want to expand my arsenal, I would  pay a few bucks since I got a game that gave me so much fun for so long without having to pay a cent. But well. Thats just my opinion ^^

Edited by Venarge

I dont say screw free players cause they havent paid bla bla. Thats just BS. I think free players should get the same content paying players have. I dont want to restrict free players either. I simply think that a few slots are ok but if I played 100 hours+ and still want to expand my arsenal, I would  pay a few bucks since I got a game that gave me so much fun for so long without having to pay a cent. But well. Thats just my opinion ^^

I'd rather pay $ on a skin only available for platinum instead of paying for slots honestly.

(GIVE ME BANANA GLAIVE SKIN).

Why not compare PvP with PvE games? We are comparing the cash-shop or F2P model, we are not comparing gameplay stuff.

If for example LoL only allowed you to get 30 champions, then you could have filled every role you want and have even more "free slots" to get champions that you think you will like.

The whole PvP vs PvE is nonsense because "pro" players in LoL only used a few heroes, i don't think anyone used more than 5 on a specific role. They never used 20 or 30 because they are not all viable. They only used what they were good at and knew how to play very well, filling a specific role.

Having more champions =/= advantage. You can play LoL with only 10 champions and never get anything else, or you can play to get all of them.

We are talking about balancing and strategy things in LoL. Right in the beginning of a game, the teams can ban champions from a game, if you were limited to a specific amount of champions per account, you could simply ban a whole player or a role that a player needs to choose, because the opponent knows what champions he gonna have on his account or they dont want that a specific role to show up in a match. This would make the game unbalanced and unplayable.

But we want to talk about shops here, right? Not the gameplay? Right now, you can get almost everything (except of slots and colors) for free. I can see your point that you want to earn, but no one is forcing you to buy those slots. you can get rid of warframes (maybe you dont like it, just like a champion in LoL) and try out/farm for a new one.

I am a collector. I like to have everything in my inventory. And i invest much time in this game, so i was willing to pay for it. And here is the thing. The main difference between LoL and Warframe is that you actually collect all the items you can get here, the main focus in LoL is easy: To win a game against an opponent team.

I am not saying that the way DE chose here is "the right way", im just seeing the point WHY they did and i'm cool with it,

And should i tell you something? for the 100+ hours i played this game, i never switched my warframe.

Umm no. It says that in a mmo, people should pay for slots. But, as i had explained in the exact same comment, MMO characters are much more complex than a warframe and you only need 1 or 2 anyway. In that case i have no problem with it, because after you have finished your 2 characters on full levels with all the higher tiered items and stuff like that, you would have already played hundreds of hours.

As i have said, a warframe barely has a tenth of the complexity of a mmo character, so only 2 slots is very limited. And considering that with a MMO character you can do all the end-game, but with warframe getting more warframes is the end-game (as the devs have stated themselves) you are actually limiting players from the game.

Also in a MMO you can try every class at the beginning to see which one you like, in warframe you can only see if you like it after you spent time grinding for it.

But i have already made this argument in the same comment as the youtube one.

EDIT: Love it when people downvote but don't explain why. 

Actually the Extra Credits video doesnt mention MMOs specifically at all it mentions (and i quote) "character loadout save slots", which is exacly what the Warframe and weapon slots are.

Also Warframe is not limited to only 2 slots, you also get 50 platinum... lo and behold that can give you 2 more frame slots, for a total of 4 slots.  However DE gives you a choice whether you want 2 more warframe slots or something else with it.  They also dont prevent you making more than a single account, so by rights you can actually have all warframes over 3 accounts for free, sure it takes time to get those accounts up as well, but thats what you are trading off paying for (sure that might not be ideal, but it's still possible).  Alternativly you can sell a frame and start a new one (again time to make one you sold 30 again).

However at the the end of the day if you pay $50 (about the price of a retail game) you get a good 1000 platinum which is more than enough to get slots for every warframe and weapon with room for growth.

Keep in mind too that DotA2 and TF2 dont have persistent characters at all (not sure if LoL does), TF2 even uses the Steam inventory not one of its own, so there is next to no klarge data to store on those accounts..

Edited by Loswaith

I'm okay with the fact that it costs around 15 dollars for a 375 Warframe....I'm not im lying 15 dollars for that..really? Ash, Rhino etc..

I'm not okay with having to spend platinum on additional slots... If you buy a warframe with platinum that warframe shouldn't take up one of the (5-6?) slots you started with.

Every other game that is f2p but pay for additional things is much much cheaper then this...

I'm okay with the fact that it costs around 15 dollars for a 375 Warframe....I'm not im lying 15 dollars for that..really? Ash, Rhino etc..

I'm not okay with having to spend platinum on additional slots... If you buy a warframe with platinum that warframe shouldn't take up one of the (5-6?) slots you started with.

Every other game that is f2p but pay for additional things is much much cheaper then this...

You get a free slot with every Warframe from the shop, you even get a reactor with it.

Edited by Mietz

The answer should be no and here is why. This is one of there few sources of income if people continue to get things for free there will be no warframe.Every one should get one free potato one of each and two slot's..So they can know the value of the item then the potato should no longer be giving out. The colors and the avatar for the setinel is not enough income.All of the purchase price should be turn into usd get rid of platinum.

It will work for example items should cost between $1 to $7 and for those that have platinum now 100 plat should equal $1.

The reason being no one will take a second thought about buying  a slot for a dollar instead of buying a pack of plat for $20.

This way you can buy what you need at the moment everything should be reasonably priced and people will buy because $1 to $7

is not alot and is easier to spend.

Giving them a nice income allowing them to continue i suggest they sign to a console like sony at allow the console to have exclusive rights

over the other consoles for a nice source of income. Console gamers spend alot of money and would enjoy a game like this and with downloadable games on the rise I can see definitely with out a doubt this being succesfully signed to a console.

I know these may make some upset but this is what i believe and I know you guy agree even though you may not admit that. Items should stop being free completely some may be brought with credits thats fine but some things should not.

Edited by uniqueman23

We are talking about balancing and strategy things in LoL. Right in the beginning of a game, the teams can ban champions from a game, if you were limited to a specific amount of champions per account, you could simply ban a whole player or a role that a player needs to choose, because the opponent knows what champions he gonna have on his account or they dont want that a specific role to show up in a match. This would make the game unbalanced and unplayable.

But we want to talk about shops here, right? Not the gameplay? Right now, you can get almost everything (except of slots and colors) for free. I can see your point that you want to earn, but no one is forcing you to buy those slots. you can get rid of warframes (maybe you dont like it, just like a champion in LoL) and try out/farm for a new one.

I am a collector. I like to have everything in my inventory. And i invest much time in this game, so i was willing to pay for it. And here is the thing. The main difference between LoL and Warframe is that you actually collect all the items you can get here, the main focus in LoL is easy: To win a game against an opponent team.

I am not saying that the way DE chose here is "the right way", im just seeing the point WHY they did and i'm cool with it,

And should i tell you something? for the 100+ hours i played this game, i never switched my warframe.

In LoL you can only ban 6 champions in total on a ranked match, so if the enemy team know what you like to play they can only ban 3 champions. if you have 5 champions that you know how to play, even if they ban 3, you still have 2 to restort to and your team can make the composition around what you want to play. So really you don't need that many champions.

If you never switched your warframe good for you, but you i always switch because i would get bored.

Again you can't get everything for free (how many times do i have to say this FCOL) because slots limit your advance. Saying that you can get almost everything for free except slots is kinda like saying that you can choose between 12 warframes but you can play with 2-4 of them. You can't get each and every one, because then you'd have to sell something else and lose it in the process. How is this getting anything for free?

@Loswaith when that video was made Warframe wasn't out and the only games that have slots are mmo's. It doesn't refer to them specifically, but since those were the only ones that were F2P at that time, what else could he have refered to? Also as i have stated before, a character slot in a MMO has 10 times the complexity of a warframe. And as i think i have already said, a character slot in a MMO is like a current account in Warframe. You level it up, you get items for it (warframes can count as armor), you get weapons for it, you reach end-game with it etc. But in MMO's usually you have 2 character slots and in warframe you have 2 warframe slots. Guess which one gives you the more content per slot?

Also i kinda dissaprove on what extra credits said. What's going to stop a F2P player from making a new account and getting more slots? Nothing. I have neither mag nor excalibur, so i could, if i get bored, to start a new account and get both of those free without grinding and play with them and have the same slots as a player who pays. I really don't get any value for my money if i use it for slots. LoL and Dota 2 have a good system in place, because in both of them there are no slots, so a player won't feel limited by them and only play on one account, making him more invested in the game.

Even more, if there is an alert for an orokin BP, if you have 3 accounts you get 3 orokin BP instead of just 1 on 1 account.

Edited by Story4

Also how can you say that you are a collector, but then say that you only played with one warframe? what would be the point collecting if you don't play with the warframes? you contradict yourself.

I never said that i dont own others. ;)

Well then what's the point of collecting them if you don't play with them?

You know what a collector is right?

I collect swords IRL, I never actually fight with them. I also collect cards from card games, but I don't play.

Collectors collect, they don't necessary use what they collect, in fact sometimes thats counter productive, at least irl where the value of a collectible decreases by use (actionfigures, comics, etc.)

You know what a collector is right?

I collect swords IRL, I never actually fight with them. I also collect cards from card games, but I don't play.

Collectors collect, they don't necessary use what they collect, in fact sometimes thats counter productive, at least irl where the value of a collectible decreases by use (actionfigures, comics, etc.)

A collector in a game is different than a collector IRL. In a game you collect champions to play with them. Otherwise why would you bother to grind for them?

IRL you collect as a hobby, maybe from passion etc. A lot of people collect cards/action figures/swords/guns/watches etc. But you can see them, enjoy collecting them and you can also show it to other people and talk about the subject.

I dunno, i also have a collection of shurikens at home, but it just feels different in a game. If in a game they don't decrease in value as you play with them, like real objects do, why not do it?

Edited by Story4

A collector in a game is different than a collector IRL. In a game you collect champions to play with them. Otherwise why would you bother to grind for them?

IRL you collect as a hobby, maybe from passion etc. A lot of people collect cards/action figures/swords/guns/watches etc. But you can see them, enjoy collecting them and you can also show it to other people and talk about the subject.

I dunno, i also have a collection of shurikens at home, but it just feels different in a game. If in a game they don't decrease in value as you play with them, like real objects do, why not do it?

I'm playing the game for building stuff. And for building stuff i need ressources, so i will get the ressources to build stuff. Easy.

If i would care about that what happends after that, i should be worried by now, because there is nothing yet.

Well, for the price you mentioned, it would be easy to do gain the credits. Running high level alerts alone will net you around 10K+. Maybe double the amount you listed?

yah? its a frame slot not the entire frame or weapon its only the ability to use said frame/weapon. again the price I gave was based on the value of credits vs plat. also I will compare what your saying to another game I play that sells barracks slots 100points real cash currency Or 3.5million in game currency, but you can make 10million ingame currency in about 10-15min's or far more on high end stuff say.

you know why this game lets you buy slots so cheap ingame? cus keeping players interested matters more than getting 50 cents from them. the more people that play a game the more people that will potentially give money to the game.

Then i take it u wont mind to give them a few thousand dollars for server maintenance, hardware upgrades, routers and data-lines and to buy bread and milk?

you need to learn to see the big picture, My friends that I have brought to the game to further my enjoyment have already given them a few hundred bucks at least I know 2 of them bought grand master founder packs. you see just cause people like me are Free to play only does not mean we dont bring life to a game. I find a game I feel is a good free to pay model I bring people to play with those people are not all free to play member's. 

1. Inventory slots actually literally take up the limited server space. This is one reason why they ask you to pay for them (two weapon slots costs less than a dollar by themselves. That's really not alot of money, whereas I've seen other F2P games force you to pay far, far more.)

2. We can obtain literally every weapon and frame in the game for free. There must be some way to limit this - the only other way being to make some weapons cost real money. I don't think anyone would want that.

3. There are already plans on giving free slots per overall rank up. It hasn't been implemented yet, however, and we haven't heard much on the subject in awhile.

server space... That's a load if I ever heard one. you know how much space my 100+ characters and over 2000 weapons/armor took up in a other F2p that limited slots? Roughly 17mb. now I can go out today and buy a 3tb server for the money my friends alone have given this game thats about 15 people buying the space for 1000s more. I have hosted games for 100's of players on a my laptop for about 65 bucks(net cost) a month and it hardly touched my 1tb storage.  

for a moment lets talk about the cash flow this game see's. count the names on the map's

Knowing how promotions work that's simply not really going to work I mean you need at least what 3-5 max weapons/frames per rank unless they are giving you the slots for those every rank then you still have to sell the weapons or frames you have made already.

50k for frame slot?

20k for weapon slot?

Make it 1000000 creds for a frame and 500000 for a weapon.

It's a credit rain out there dude.

raise the plat price on them to 10k and 50k each to match and that would be fine

It's a good idea, but 30-50 and  10-20k it's ridiculous.

If they decide to add this, (what would be great) they should put like 250.000 credits per slot.

Today I earnt 102.000k credits, only doing defense

The price I gave reflects the rough value of warframes plat vs credits. how much you can make should not reflect the price. the conversion rate of 

250k would mean the plat price on slots should be roughly 500-1000 each. 

90% of all F2P games restrict character slots for free players.

No... Im a dedicated free to play member all the games I play give you enough slots to create every character and then some, or the means to buy them without using your real money.

Clearly alot of the pay to win player's don't like this idea which is fine, But like it or not this is and will be a make or brake point in the development of this game like any other. I have been in enough beta launchs to say if the slots remain so limited without a doubt the lifetime of this game will be short. It's fun and all but what is there to do once you have filled your slots. Answer not much. If you have to pay to have something to do most players will just play a diff game. we have ALOT of options on free to play pve shooters even firefall removed its frame slots after beta feedback/lack of which due to a large number of free to play members leaving the now pay to play free to try model. 

For the record I'm not cheap nor greedy which is the context of alot of the replys I got. No I have a family, My daughter is going to go to a ivy league school, and my wife is getting anniversary gifts that don't say sorry I spent the extra money I made on digital goods. I'm lucky enough to have a job that I can pretty much game out 90% of the time BUT I am not putting that entertainment over my family or their futures. Its called self control and priority's.

Now if you will all excuse me I'm about to go make a whole lot less friends tackling the orokin booster topic.

I would advise you to not assume stuff about people and their behavior and what they do and how.

I would advise you to not assume stuff about people and their behavior and what they do and how.

I'm not assuming, i just didn't understand. But oh well, no harm done after all. Sorry if i offended anyone by saying that (although i don't know how it could have...).

But this is off-topic, we're here to talk about slots!

Edited by Story4

He was just asking, no needs for advises. He just wanted to understand my behavior. All good. :)

Edit: as i said, Story4, no harm done here :)

Edited by Sebbo

yah? its a frame slot not the entire frame or weapon its only the ability to use said frame/weapon. again the price I gave was based on the value of credits vs plat. also I will compare what your saying to another game I play that sells barracks slots 100points real cash currency Or 3.5million in game currency, but you can make 10million ingame currency in about 10-15min's or far more on high end stuff say.

World of Tanks?

The game where you shoot with real world currency?

Hahaha.

I think 250k per slot maybe shows dedication but anything even under 100k would be a joke and devs would not even consider. Most games don't have as many classes and combos so it's not apples to apples. But many do charge for slots over the free amount they give you. Even Blizzard wanted to charge a one time fee for extra slots in WOW (not sure if they did this) and that was on top of a monthly sub.

If you cant afford to spend a mere $10-20 maybe you should be doing something other then playing games. There was a time when F2P games like this did not exist you either paid a sub or paid $40+ for ANY game. Today most have this entitlement (especially younger gamers lacking funds) and yes at time's I want my cake too. But lets be real this game costs money to build and maintain and they are banking on a certain percentage of players to contribute something. Even paid games with a monthly sub have shut down when they could no longer cover the hosting bill.

In these types of games the free players are basically company for paid players intended to keep the servers active. It's not a bad deal here but if you think this game is limiting try sweating (serving paid players) in Entropia Universe to earn credits instead. After a couple days you will return to Warframe with money in hand once you realize how much more bang for the buck you get here. They even give us four daily revives which other games such as Vindictus charge for such perks strait out. I spent $20 a day just for bullets to hunt in Entropia a few years ago because it was the only way to really explore the game.

World of Tanks?

The game where you shoot with real world currency?

Hahaha.

We're talking about slots not pay2win.

In WoT you have a limited number of slots, but tanks keep their xp and the higher you advance in tier the more easier it is to reacquire the older tanks. I had 200.000 credits and only played mostly tier 2-3 and you could buy a tank in a second because it costs 20.000 or less. I also had Tier 4 and 5 tanks.

I never felt limited by that system, especially because you kept every advance you made with the tank if you sold it and if you advanced in tier older tanks were much easier to acquire.

@Crunktanium, none of those game you said have been as succesful as other example in this topic. Also if you have 20$ to spend on bullets then you are swimming in money. I would rather spend 10$ on Chivalry and 10$ on CS:GO and get a lot more bang for my buck (i already have both).

Edited by Story4

We're talking about slots not pay2win.

In WoT you have a limited number of slots, but tanks keep their xp and the higher you advance in tier the more easier it is to reacquire the older tanks. I had 200.000 credits and only played mostly tier 2-3 and you could buy a tank in a second because it costs 20.000 or less. I also had Tier 4 and 5 tanks.

I never felt limited by that system, especially because you kept every advance you made with the tank if you sold it and if you advanced in tier older tanks were much easier to acquire.

Afaik, in WF your weapons mastery/affinity stays constant as well, even after you sell your weapon and then buy/craft it again.