The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

MrPigman ever consider playing with willow wisps  as armor / cape attachments ?

it's just that though  i like the lotus armor concept , some kinda of  willow wisps   amror / cape  just seems more perfect for your Flora frame  

i had considered it actually! almost gave it wisps following the syandana instead of an energy trail.

also, it seems that frost will now have something VERY similar to Flora's 2; Brambles. as said on devstream 54. 

so now our mission must be to figure out a new 2 that will work well with flora. it seems flora is starting to head into a buffing support.

her 1 is a buff, her 3 is a heal and buff, her 4 adds a buff. so i think to continue along this theme it would be a good idea to have her 2 be a buff as well, but it must buff and act in it's own way.

her current buffs are:

1: defensive, damage mitigation

2:--

3: heal and status prevention

4: damage reduction and general damage increase,

let's begin the brain storming!

i had considered it actually! almost gave it wisps following the syandana instead of an energy trail.

also, it seems that frost will now have something VERY similar to Flora's 2; Brambles. as said on devstream 54. 

so now our mission must be to figure out a new 2 that will work well with flora. it seems flora is starting to head into a buffing support.

her 1 is a buff, her 3 is a heal and buff, her 4 adds a buff. so i think to continue along this theme it would be a good idea to have her 2 be a buff as well, but it must buff and act in it's own way.

her current buffs are:

1: defensive, damage mitigation

2:--

3: heal and status prevention

4: damage reduction and general damage increase,

let's begin the brain storming!

Well, since brambles was a defensive sphere like move that slowed enemy movement. We will probably want something similar, or maybe a more utility based move (all I could really think of for the utility would be a ripline rip off(God I am so funny) or big jump move).

Well, since brambles was a defensive sphere like move that slowed enemy movement. We will probably want something similar, or maybe a more utility based move (all I could really think of for the utility would be a ripline rip off(God I am so funny) or big jump move).

lol a mobility skill might not be the worst idea, but if i were to do that it would have to be a rather strange way of moving, something unique.

im thinking of bringing back the carnivorous plant in a form that will work for a 2. im thinking about an ability where you summon a small plant that grows over time. i'll post a more fleshed out idea once i have one.

lol a mobility skill might not be the worst idea, but if i were to do that it would have to be a rather strange way of moving, something unique.

im thinking of bringing back the carnivorous plant in a form that will work for a 2. im thinking about an ability where you summon a small plant that grows over time. i'll post a more fleshed out idea once i have one.

Like the plants the Gorges in Natural Selection can place?

ok so here we go!

Evolving Spores: Flora plants a spore on a drop, lignified enemy, or an enemy with the gas radius of phytogeneration. the spore will slowly grow and evolve over time.

stage 1: the plant has a single thorny vine in which it lashes nearby enemies.

stage 2: the plant will grow a spiny flower and will shoot thorns dealing 100/200/300/400 puncture damage with a fire rate of 1

stage 2: the plant will blossom several flowers and will burst the spines hitting all enemies in a 5/8/11/14 meter radius.

stage 3: the plant will also emit elemental damage. the element can be changed by shooting it with elements.

stage 4: the plant will grow a giant mouth, like a venus fly trap, in addition to previous abilities it will eat close enemies holding them for 5 seconds.

Wilt: flora sends a group of spores drifting in a direction for 7/8/9/10 seconds covering 1 meter per second. when the spores pass through an enemy, it steals 2/3/4/5% of their maximum armor, health and shield and gives it to flora for 10/11/12/13 seconds. flora may also cast the skill again to wilt her own body and reform at the point the spores are at, consuming the spores and effectively teleporting flora.

Offshoot: flora summons a large root underneath her, sending her into the air as well as ragdolling and dispersing nearby enemies. this may also be cast in the air, ragdolling enemies under her. deals 50/100/150/200 impact damage.

if you have any ideas please share!

Wilt: flora sends a group of spores drifting in a direction for 7/8/9/10 seconds covering 1 meter per second. when the spores pass through an enemy, it steals 2/3/4/5% of their maximum armor, health and shield and gives it to flora for 10/11/12/13 seconds. flora may also cast the skill again to wilt her own body and reform at the point the spores are at, consuming the spores and effectively teleporting flora.

JOCWVFJ.gif

Hmmm I approve.

JOCWVFJ.gif

Hmmm I approve.

thats exactly what i was thinking with that skill! lol!

it's versatile and with flora's debuffing enemies it would fit right in!

:)

again if anyone has any neat ideas for a 2 please share!

brer  patches ,  like sayrn 's 1  update 7 ,  but spreads bramble thorn branches that wrap/ disable / bleed stun  till they  break free   , and would  spread on to other mods to create a brer patch of thorns  

augment idea - if a mob dies under the brer patches becomes a brer bush / tree that places the  brer effect on any mob that walks by radius 6'

Yeah sorry bout' that I've reached a point in warframe where I have nothing to do until they update. I'll see what I can do about some more art soon

haha me too, thats' why i spend time on the forums!

brer  patches ,  like sayrn 's 1  update 7 ,  but spreads bramble thorn branches that wrap/ disable / bleed stun  till they  break free   , and would  spread on to other mods to create a brer patch of thorns  

augment idea - if a mob dies under the brer patches becomes a brer bush / tree that places the  brer effect on any mob that walks by radius 6'

do you mean briar?

i think i see what you mean and it seems like it could be a lot of fun.

do you mean briar?

i think i see what you mean and it seems like it could be a lot of fun.

Yepo Briar  , but was using the  using the Uncle Remus ver ;) , most people know him from the Brer Rabbit and the tar baby story . 

ok so here we go!

Evolving Spores: Flora plants a spore on a drop, lignified enemy, or an enemy with the gas radius of phytogeneration. the spore will slowly grow and evolve over time.

stage 2: the plant will grow a spiny flower and will shoot thorns dealing 100/200/300/400 puncture damage with a fire rate of 1

stage 2: the plant will blossom several flowers and will burst the spines hitting all enemies in a 5/8/11/14 meter radius.

stage 3: the plant will also emit elemental damage. the element can be changed by shooting it with elements.

stage 4: the plant will grow a giant mouth, like a venus fly trap, in addition to previous abilities it will eat close enemies holding them for 5 seconds.

-snip-

VERY in favor of the Evolving Spores becoming her new 'Two' move

Well, i we have to choose a new 2, i think my previous idea could fit well. :)

Flora grow a huge root from around 1m behind her to the targeted location. The root will then remain in place for 20/40/60/80 s allowing everyone (so self, allies and ennemies) to walk on it. The root is invulnerable, if an ennemy is on the root's way, he will be pushed away and suffer a little impact damage. 

Stats :

Range 5/10/15/20m (affected by power range)

Power none 

Not sure about the cost

The idea would that skil would have multiple purpose, allowing to reach higher  or far places as well as it coul be use to block a corridor.

YOU ARE A GOD, YOU ARE THE OPERATOR, ORDIS IS THE CEPHALON, ORDIS IS THE SHIP

Well when this cant be able on warframe I m OUT, very good concept everything what is here is very very... I forgot language.

She so beautiful in colors, Idea and ... COURAGE, I and everybody here need it DE will create it. thats - wooooooooooow

GOOD LUCK TENNO

VERY in favor of the Evolving Spores becoming her new 'Two' move

alright!

Well, i we have to choose a new 2, i think my previous idea could fit well. :)

i was thinking the same thing actually.

YOU ARE A GOD, YOU ARE THE OPERATOR, ORDIS IS THE CEPHALON, ORDIS IS THE SHIP

Well when this cant be able on warframe I m OUT, very good concept everything what is here is very very... I forgot language.

She so beautiful in colors, Idea and ... COURAGE, I and everybody here need it DE will create it. thats - wooooooooooow

GOOD LUCK TENNO

Thank you very much XP

Evolving Spores: Flora plants a spore on a drop, lignified enemy, or an enemy within the gas radius of phytogeneration. the spore will slowly grow and evolve over time.

Offshoot: flora summons a large root underneath her, sending her into the air as well as ragdolling and dispersing nearby enemies. this may also be cast in the air, ragdolling enemies under her. deals 50/100/150/200 impact damage.

Organic Bridge: Flora generates a large root structure to arc in a direction making an alternate route of travel, doorway obstacle, and a way to block shots. the root will also send enemies in it's way flying out of the way, dealing 100/200/300/400 impact damage. If flora steps forward quickly after casting she may ride the root to it's destination.

Root Leash: Flora sends roots into an enemy linking flora to the enemy, that enemy can not travel 12/10/8/6 meters away from you and if you would travel out of the range they are dragged with you staggering them. rooting an enemy will also begin to heal you by 1/2/3/4% of your total health every 2 seconds and hurt them by that amount. Root Leash has a 4/6/8/10 seconds duration.

Razor Thicket: Flora grows briers on an enemy, when the enemy takes damage, the briers will spread onto nearby enemies as well. briers deal .5/1/1.5/2 slash damage multiplied by 2 every second effectively making an exponential damage, with a duration of 3/4/5/6 seconds.

if anyone has any ideas please tell me before i start the voting!

Edited by MrPigman

Evolving spores, for sure. Only problem is that it's a wee bit complicated, but eh. Maybe remove step 4. Also, I like the 'second' step two. the other thing to consider is making THIS the new 4 (Bump up it's damage a bit) and bumping the current 3 and 4 down to 2 and 3.

That especially makes sense since it gains bonuses from Phytogeneration

Edited by Akiryx

Evolving spores, for sure. Only problem is that it's a wee bit complicated, but eh. Maybe remove step 4. Also, I like the 'second' step two. the other thing to consider is making THIS the new 4 (Bump up it's damage a bit) and bumping the current 3 and 4 down to 2 and 3.

That especially makes sense since it gains bonuses from Phytogeneration

well im glad you like the idea! i dont know why you think it gets a bonus from phytogeneration? it just allows you to cast the skill on enemies in it's gas. lignify grants this effect as well.

well im glad you like the idea! i dont know why you think it gets a bonus from phytogeneration? it just allows you to cast the skill on enemies in it's gas. lignify grants this effect as well.

Yeah sorry, I re-read that after the post. Well either way, it might make sense as it's a rather powerful skill, but I dunno. I'm still partial to having the plant-golem transformation as the Ulti so maybe I'm just stubborn ;)

But either way, Evolving Spores seems like a really handy skill.