The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gtx 980 In 2Way Sli Not Being Utilized.

VioDuskar

so before you ask, yes, i have the newest drivers.

and no, it's not a cpu bottle neck because my cpu is only running at 75-80%

system specs:

asus crosshair V formula Z

am3 1090T x6 OC'd @ 3.6 (could go to 3.8 easy)

2x GTX 980 Poseidons in SLI

1 GTX 560 Ti (for more monitors) [running 4]

32 GB of ram

anyway, my GPUs seem to push 20% usage at 900ish MHz, whereas the max MHx under load should be 1400ish.

my fps is about 45-60 and even as low as 35 when all the pretties are being pretty.

I have all settings turn on and/or maxed except motion blur, which is off.

so any suggestions to get my GPUs to finally push out some work?

EDIT: just tried farcry4 and The Crew.

FC4 uses about 70-90% of both cards under full load.

The Crew used about 56% constantly load or not.

will try single card on WF, but i'm quite skeptical about this.

Edited by VioDuskar

with SLI disabled it runs about 70%

with it enabled both run at like 25%

the biggest issue this causes is that i have to keep switching between enabled and disabled when i switch games. which is stupid as hell.

Edited by VioDuskar

Don't ask me why, but warframe seems to be running worse than it should on high end rigs...

Plz DE, give us some love too... (or make the Ultra graphics setting a reality ?)

(rocking my EVGA GTX 780 SC 6GB @ not enough FPS for the price I paid.)

Don't ask me why, but warframe seems to be running worse than it should on high end rigs...

Plz DE, give us some love too... (or make the Ultra graphics setting a reality ?)

(rocking my EVGA GTX 780 SC 6GB @ not enough FPS for the price I paid.)

ALL MY THIS

the biggest issue this causes is that i have to keep switching between enabled and disabled when i switch games. which is stupid as hell.

hmm, looks like warframe really prefer nvidia GPUs, because even if i overclock my 1090T CPU to 4 GHz i don't get that high GPU usage.

hmm, looks like warframe really prefer nvidia GPUs, because even if i overclock my 1090T CPU to 4 GHz i don't get that high GPU usage.

i can't quite get my 1090T to the 4.0 mark. i push 3.8 regularly, but i BSOD as soon as i hit 3.9 or higher, and it isnt a heat issue.

Um, no.

Open the Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Program Settings.

Find the Warframe executable that you use from the drop down list. It will be warframe.x64.exe if your using 64 bit. Scroll down until you find SLI rendering mode in the features list and change it to single gpu.

If you can't find it in the list or it doesn't appear to work, create a shortcut to the executable (not the launcher) and place it in your My Games folder. Set it to hidden so it doesn't appear in menu's. Then the Nvidia driver software will find the exe.

You can now leave SLI enabled for the games that use it and run Warframe with a single GPU. If you have PhysX enabled then it will run off the second GPU by default, unless you changed that setting under Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX.

Edited by Kihana

well gentletenno, it turns out that-

one; WF likes one GPU, not SLI

two; my 1090t is just not good enough even overclocked to give the raw horse power of my gtx980s enough direction. thus i'll have to eventually swap to a x99 or z97 mobo and i7 core if i'd like to see any more gains.

thanks for all the suggestions.

so many upgrades, so little little cash monies.

Edited by VioDuskar

you're implying that because one card is GOOD ENOUGH that i dont need two?

I dont see why two is WORSE than one. that is what i dont understand.

No that wasnt what I was implying at all.

I figured someone who knew how to build a computer with those high end parts would know how it all works.

well gentletenno, it turns out that-

one; WF likes one GPU, not SLI

two; my 1090t is just not good enough even overclocked to give the raw horse power of my gtx980s enough direction. thus i'll have to eventually swap to a x99 or z97 mobo and i7 core if i'd like to see any more gains.

thanks for all the suggestions.

so many upgrades, so little little cash monies.

If they would implemented Mantle, that would helped greatly, at least for AMD GPU users. And when DX12 will be available they could use that to help with cpu overhead for everyone. But who knows when DX12 will be available.

That article is mainly about UE 4.4 which is having or will have DX12 built in (Accessible only for MS early access members). Warframe on the other hand uses their in house Evolution engine which will need to implement DX12 from the scratch, when DX12 will be released...

Either way they could implement Mantle as is was already implemented in several games compared to DX12 which was only shown in presentations.

That article is mainly about UE 4.4 which is having or will have DX12 built in (Accessible only for MS early access members). Warframe on the other hand uses their in house Evolution engine which will need to implement DX12 from the scratch, when DX12 will be released...

Either way they could implement Mantle as is was already implemented in several games compared to DX12 which was only shown in presentations.

You asked when dx12 would be available, I figured you would find it interesting. Guess not, I'll make sure not to give you an article again.

Article only mentioned that DX12 will ship with final version of Windows 10, which is not known when that will be. But if you figured out from the article any more information regarding possibility of Warframe being on DX12, feel free to share your findings.

Article only mentioned that DX12 will ship with final version of Windows 10, which is not known when that will be. But if you figured out from the article any more information regarding possibility of Warframe being on DX12, feel free to share your findings.

I did not give you the link in relevance to warframe. Just dx12 in general. And the article is not about the unreal engine, the unreal engine was an example of dx12 being functional.

I get terrible performance (After the latest updates) even considering my laptop (Lenovo Y510p SLI) should be suitable for it.(So don't start on me you should never game on an laptop, my laptop is an mini game PC and I am happy with it)

If I disable v-sinc and play the game it runs on my laptop like 120 fps (70% +- load)and then it is fairly quiet on the map, I get like 60/40 fps when there are a lot of things happening (still 70% +- load) but I get terrible tearing as I have an sli setup in my laptop.

If I enable v-sinc it runs smooth 60+- fps (50% +- load) until one or more mobs/powers are used it drops to 40 fps (50% +- load) and if there come more mobs/powers it even gets worse 18 fps (still 50% +- load).

My conclusion is that there is an optimalisation issue in Warframe but the v-sinc thing is an mistery to me.

I have decent hardware in my system I even upgraded some pieces of it to make it faster then it already was

I run AAA games with modereate settings and never had any bad fps drops, with warframe I have.

Specs of my laptop:

Intel core I7 4700m

Dual Nvidia Geforce GT 755m's in sli mode

16GB 1600Mhz SODIMM ram

1TB 5400RPM laptop main storage drive

128Gb SSD OS drive and drive where Warframe is installed on

Multiple monitor setup as I use it as an desktop at home

Hope to get great answers

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by berrylee32

That´s interesting - I am using two Titan Black GPUs and I am also getiing pretty low usage on both GPUs (which is fine in my eyes) BUT I am having constant 60fps in the game, regardless of what´s on screen - nuking 30+ enemies primed by Nova will not cause a single drop.

When there is no heavy action I am at 15% per GPU, when it is going up it reaches 25%-30% and it is rock solid with SLI all the time.