The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

(Solved) Temporary Freeze Issue Since Patch 15.9

1ZRison

Wether or not it is linked to it, since U15.9 im expierencing two (almost) seperate problems.

I will describe them one after another. 

1.)

First of all, the Symptoms.

There is a temporary freezing (about 10s or a bit more) of my game and nearly all ingame audio (i can still tab out etc however)

whenever i either:

-Get into the game after logging in.

-Switch equipment configs. (installing mods/switching equipment is fine)

-Leave the arsenal after modifying anything (swapping equiment and mods included).

-Claim an item from the foundry.

-Begin a mission? (On 2 seperate public ext missions it may have freezed in the liset loading screen and once i got in the mission the first few enemies were enganged already, suggesting i loaded into the mission with the others normally but seemed AFK for the first seconds (due to my screen freezing))

-Change my Settings.

I have not tested a few things such as supercharging/applying forma, anything kubrow/incubator related, selling/buying items/equipment, Anything clan related

(Many other things have been tested but feel free to ask wether it freezes in a specific instance or not)

Thoughts on it:

-It seems to occur with certain things that require loading/processing information such as swapping the Equipment Configs.

-It never occured while a mission was running (the part when getting into a public one aside)

-Im actually rather clueless otherwise on what excatly is causing it.

-No it is not gamebreaking and it is entirely possible to live with. (it is minorly annoying, if you ask me) But it just seems like unintended game behavior to me. (did not occur before 15.9, noone seems to have the issue)

2.)

Simple: Options keep resetting to default everytime i launch warframe.

Only thing that seems off is that it did not behave like that before.

As long as it does not make all settings random all of a sudden its barely an inconvenience.

What i have done so far:

Im rather uncertain on what the problem actually is and hence uncertain on steps to take but i did:

Verify and Optimize cache in the launcher.

Deactivate multithread rendering (just based on an attempted fix to another freeze problem somebody had)

Feel free to ask me for any info that could help you.

And if you feel like it, leave a little feedback on how well/terrible i made this report so i can improve future reports to be more helpful right from the start.

Edited by 1ZRison

When the game isn't running, go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ and delete the Warframe folder.  After that start the game back up and see if there's any change in the freezing, but also see if the game starts remembering your settings.

Alright that thanks alot, turns out it was incredibly easy.

after doing what you said the game runs just as it used to so everything is fine again.

Now i only feel stupid for making a mountain out of a molehill as it seems.

So thanks again for the quick reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah! That did it, had the same problems and this fixed it for me. All the settings where first set to default after i deleted the file and I literally had to reset everything, but now it works like a charm (atleast, like it used to).

Thank you for your help.

PS. just so you know, I posted your awnser in another, similar thread. I did gave you the credit and put up the title of this thread for conformation on it :p

Edited by Thobio