Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Enemies Not Spawning Consistently In Solo Play

VirtualViolet

I've been soloing some excavation missions trying to collect some void keys, and I'm running into some problems with spawns on the Corpus ice planet and Grinneer desert planet tilesets (haven't been doing Earth missions, so I don't know if that tileset is affected). In some cases, I can sit at an extractor for a few minutes without seeing a single enemy, or I might get decent spawns, but few or zero power carriers.

The former seems to happen most frequently in the large, open areas. If I leave the area to find enemies, they will often spawn near the excavator and destroy it before I can get back. This might not be a problem when playing in a squad, since one player can stay and defend while others go hunting, but it's a huge pain when playing solo.

The latter happens more commonly later in the mission as more different enemy types begin to spawn, presumably diluting the "spawn pool" so that there is a lower chance for power carriers to spawn. This may be intentional, but it really slows down progression, especially when playing solo.

I've had this happen to me a few times, then when I go looking for them I often find a big clump of them stuck in a tunnel or something. Kill that lot and they seem to start spawning normally again.

Of course then you have to race back to the excavator.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue lost 3 excavators while trying to find power cause enemies clump spawn.   Then I break up the clump any all of a sudden I'm getting one shot on my Frost Prime with 1200 shield and 740 hp and 400 armor this is after only completing 5 extractors.  So i burn a life and keep going have to hunt power again find the cluster wipe it out at this point I need power for the scanner.  So im standing on the scanner with  my globe up full hp full shield and bam dead from a non-elite MOA from 50ft outside my globe.  in the end i wiped because i couldnt even make it to the exit without getting one shot 2 more times one last time was on a respawn and died the minute my feet hit the ground. http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/529505966162005223/124E55B8A6856BBF43F0EFF12EED6C1AD0FA0528/ screen shot from the mission reward page 375 kills and i could not keep the power going!!!  please fix spawns / drop rates!