The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Comparing This Game To Aaa Titles.

The whole point of this thread was not to compare the merits of warframe's gameplay or anything like that to that of a AAA games.

It was meant to bring up the conjecture that Warframe would not survive using a AAA games cash shop method. I meant to back this up with a combination of personal experience in various F2P games that have now completely failed, in combination with current video game economy statistics. Everything else is left up to debate. I didn't want to stub toes or turn this in to a P2P vs F2P discussion or cast a negative view on either party or make it seem like I think a bigger budget equates to a better game.

I want to see warframe succeed. However, as another user pointed out, DE has made the claim that Warframe is a AAA game and I no longer have a leg to stand on in this argument. If they choose to say that their game is considered an industry standard "AAA" title, then there is no point in me trying to defend this games quality ratio.

As it stands, Warframe is not a AAA game. It has a AAA team and AAA gameplay potential, but as it stands it simply does not compare to games that are truly considered to be AAA material, like Legend of Zelda, Crysis, Gran Turismo, Vanquish, Dark/Demon Souls, or the like. It lacks the polish, longevity, and timelessness that comes along with a claim like that. If Warframe were left as is, nobody would still be talking about it in 5 years like they would be with the other mentioned titles.

The moment you make the claim that your game is top tier, you had better realize that it will have to hold up to a much harsher level of scrutiny than if you had gone with the "we are the underdog" route that I had always assumed was the pace with Warframe.

Such as it is.