Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Uses The Ammo Mods Anyway?

Zephyrine

For certain weapons, reload speed is fantastic (gorgon), clip size is wonderful (Braton, Hek), fire rate is useful (paris), max ammo is a godsend (vipers).

Granted, they are not the general use items that damage focused mods are, but they are very useful for certain weapons.

But again. The extra ammo is just one set of ammo from the start. It doesn't make you pick up more ammo than you normally would.

It does allow you to stockpile more ammo though.  Dense mob encounters often drop more ammo than you can pick up.

i am using ammo mods either on weapons where i can't fit in another damage/firerate/reloadspeed mod or on guns that chew up ammo fast.

starting with 200 or with 400 ammo on the dual vipers makes a huge difference.

Ammo is very useful for those of us who take a more supportive approach to the game, I know it sounds silly, but not all of us want to deal insane damage.

Having those extra shots in my Gorgon or Latron is a nother few seconds where that boss isn't regenerating shields, so that he doesn't negate our damage, or where that group of enemies is ice-slowed so that we have time to rap up what we're dealing with, or so that they aren't shooting the defence target.

Ammo boxes make max ammo mods pointless in most circumstances as you should be getting enough ammo from drops to cover in between.

Ammo mods make ammo boxes pointless in most circumstances as I don't have to pause for a second fumbling around in my pocket trying to figure out what's a rifle ammo box, and what's a pistol ammo box. I am constantly participating in the fight when I have the spare ammo already.

Ammo mods make ammo boxes pointless in most circumstances as I don't have to pause for a second fumbling around in my pocket trying to figure out what's a rifle ammo box, and what's a pistol ammo box. I am constantly participating in the fight when I have the spare ammo already.

Q and clicking sure takes a long time, especially when you arrange it yourself. Either way I prefer max dps than qol that can be supplemented in a non dps reducing fashion.