Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One That Finds Stances Hard To Compete While In Combat?

mody_bird_21

Only used Cleaving Whirlwind as a serious alternative to guns, and Broken Bull is the only worthwhile attack, imo (please don't nerf, it's the only thing that makes dedicated melee viable).

Would love for melee to get a DMC-like system (Lunar Phase for Obex/Kogake and High Time for Galatine/Gram, anyone?), perhaps with logical directional input and a better aerial melee system (currently it's not that useful). There is no lock-on feature or button, but it can be worked around, and we don't really need more than 4-5 various attacks per stance. 

A few things that are important, though - directional input should only be useful at the START (for example, the first strike might be W+E, but the later ones should be just E), which means there shouldn't be any other buttons than "melee" in the middle of a combo, that's part of what makes melee unnecessarily complicated right now. Pauses are fine, but they should also be predictable and only used after the 1st or 2nd strike of a combo, never later. 

The thing is : they said it was too DMC at the beginning, and they really disliked the idea of air juggling when you're locked in the air when chaining attacks on your enemies. :/

Your second paragraph is something we can all agree to though

Why people even bother with melee combos. Press 4 and go move.

Matter of taste man. We like melee (for the most part in this thread), you don't.

Personally I like performing melee combos because i didnt map melee to E it mapped it to 3rd mouse button therefore its easier to execute kind like click click pause click click or click hold mouse button 3 click click so adding additional keys for combos for me would not be a good idea as already alot of key binding is being used esp for sprintig rolling backlfipping reloading switching weapoons plus using powers adding more will personally just make things more cluttered so for those having a problem with melee I would suggest use either a controller or do it as I do and map melee to mouse button 3 for optical mouses problem solved OP :D