Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radio Chatter Material Ideas

DJ_Redwire

With the community submissions having been finally chosen, we're obviously going to get more radio transmission variety in the near future. Along side this though, I'd really like to see some more actively-grounded material - but let me explain exactly what I mean by that.

The main idea that came to mind is to have some radio transmissions that directly relate to past/current events. Examples being things like:

- The Grineer Propaganda announcer (the same guy who talks about Origin system liberation yada yada Grineer are powerful and so on) praising General Sargus Ruk for his past achievement of defeating Aladv during the Gradivus Dilemma. 

- Various discussion/alerts/announcements/propaganda about the Fomorians + Vay Hek and the subsequent progress from Tethra's Doom through the Eyes of Blight.

-  Discussion/alerts/announcements/propaganda in relation to the escaped prisoners of the Specters of Liberty event. 

- Reports from enemies in regards to entering/exiting the void and/or talk related to Operation Gate Crash.

This is of course a very narrow and limited list compared to the long list of events that have taken place in Warframe's history. And needless to say, there are numerous ways of approaching the large volume of content that events have encompassed that I have not covered. These are just some random ideas that come to mind, the possibilities are endless!

Another no-brainer idea is Syndicate related transmissions. Propaganda, reports, communication channels - the sky's the limit. 

Finally, I think some of the more isolated and less organized groups/characters could use some love. I think it would be awesome to hear over the radio members of the G3 chatting amongst themselves about a Tenno or squad they'd just conquered, or hear the Stalker whispering over the radio to his prospective victims. You could even take it one step further and make it so these transmissions would only play in your liset if you were marked by said mini-boss.  

Similarly to those, I think it'd be cool to get the infested a little more involved. We know they can kinda-sorta communicate with us through some sort of biotechnological phenomenon, so I think there's a lot of unexplored potential there.

All in all, the radio is one of my favorite features of the liset and really adds a lot of depth to the Warframe universe for me. Every bit of new material that is put in there just makes the universe feel that much more expansive and metamorphic, so I'm always hungry for more. Cheers!

Edited by DJ_Redwire