The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Character Wipe?

NexAngelus

ok sorry to ask this, but a friend and i are looking into this game and it seems fun *about 10 missions in so far* but i see that its in "beta" still. now i DID LOOK first but all i found in FAQ and search is something about maybe and optinal?  does anyone KNOW or can link to where it shows if I as a new player start i wont be wiped in a week or what ever?

sorry if this was asked and i some how missed it, but thx in adv for the help.

Any time you venture into a Beta, you run the risk of losing all your work. It's not fun per se, but it comes with the territory. It's perhaps the first thing you must acknowledge and accept before venturing out.

One thing that has been assured is that any platinum you have purchased will be returned to you. So, what you bought might be lost, but the platinum you used to purchase it with will not. 

This confuses me.

If you read the FAQ, what part of this eluded you?

cant find the link now but the part that "eludes" me was the part saying they didnt want to do a wipe but could. it did say that in the FAQ i read. but anyway thx for the replies ppl

Edited by NexAngelus

The FAQ that you linked States CLOSED beta not OPEN beta. THeres a huge difference there

That is very true, and I would like to apologize to the OP should I have come across as needlessly rude.

cant find the link now but the part that "eludes" me was the part saying they didnt want to do a wipe but could.

Well, it's the backdoor they need to keep. There can always be circumstances, onforeseen on the roadmap, that make a full wipe necessary or cause one, such as catasrophic hardware failure.

There wont be a wipe for awhile either, in the terms of agreement though they do list that there might or will be a wipe when open beta is over, but they also say all platinum a person has bought and spent in any way will be returned to them

does anyone KNOW or can link to where it shows if I as a new player start i wont be wiped in a week or what ever?

sorry if this was asked and i some how missed it, but thx in adv for the help.

Greetings.

Never be afraid of asking questions! The wise always queries and becomes ever wiser for gaining the knowledge.

The portions of The FAQ which you reference state that Digital Extremes have no intention of resetting the database unless some unforeseen and troubled circumstances occur that will force it.

In the event that such an unfortunate case materializes, any and all platinum that was purchased throughout the duration of the beta will be re-credit to your account in full.

So in essence: No. There is no planned wipe of accounts during or after beta.

So, barring an "act of god" or otherwise calamity, there will not be any wipe.

However, they will be resetting the score boards. Which has zero impact on your account's character and items.

I hope you may now keep enjoying playing Warframe in clear conscience and calm spirit.

in the terms of agreement though they do list that there might or will be a wipe when open beta is over

This is only present as required from their lawyer to provide them with legal-cover in the event it happens.

As stated repeatedly by Steve, it is not within their intention to reset the database.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

As to why I said "might", but if it were to ever happen I believe it wouldn't be much of a damage due to the fact we'd get our plat back. All that would be lost is alot of hours of time

Edited by Klaww