The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hide Posts Below A Rating Threshold.

Qb3rt

This game's in-game community is refreshingly fantastic. Marvelous people in literally every group I've had. Not. One. Single. Troll/Jerk/Bigot in any game so far after 108 hours of gameplay. It's borderline miraculous! I largely attribute that fact to the small group size. Four players is the perfect size.

That said ...

This forum community is generally immature, selfish, and antagonizing. Not exactly uncommon for gaming forums, but extremely counter-productive for a game in beta that is looking for feedback.

By far the simplest, easiest solution I've seen across gaming forums is the auto-hide feature. As is with real life, when people start to realize their bad attitudes are being entirely ignored, they begin to rethink their approach.

Would recommend a threshold between -10 and -25, -15 seems like a good place to start.

Would recommend a threshold between -10 and -25, -15 seems like a good place to start.

Your suggestion is flawed in the sense that one person can ruin a completely legitimate OP by making an army of puppets and decide to down vote that thread. Yes, some poor individuals actually do that.

and here we have the first example of a "troll/jerk/bigot"

You talking about me? Huh, how so?

Your suggestion is flawed in the sense that one person can ruin a completely legitimate OP by making an army of puppets and decide to down vote that thread. Yes, some poor individuals actually do that.

I would think the probability and risk of 15 people/accounts getting together to sabotage the forums is worth the potential of considerably cleaning up the discussions. Should be pretty easy to prevent also, merely adding a cooldown on downvoting (1 minute or so).