Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Razer Keyboards.....

Didjit

Who's got one and how's it working now?

I had 2014 black widow with the rip off greens. Had it 3 weeks now and the following faults have occurred.

Number 1,4,7,0 are broken no click don't register all the time.

W key no click slides instead of clicking misfires a lot.

Alt key takes way more force to click than it should.

Print screen no click at all soft as a wet sock.

Spacebar feels poor quality.

The s key has the same issue as the W key and my C key is less worse than the W key.

So not looking good. Ordered a corsair K65 using original proper cherry reds. No more Razer how are your experiences?

Yeah, I don't think it was ever a good idea for them to try and reinvent Cherry MX keys to their own liking. They were never in a place where they could somehow improve upon the design and still retain the same level of build quality as a dedicated switch company like Cherry.

Most keyboards with Cherry MX key will do you just fine. Really difficult to screw it up, just a matter of deciding which key type you prefer. The rest is just fancy keyboard design and lighting.

Yeah I figured I need original from cherry. This Razer has been a massive let down, I don't hit the keys I play nice and gently and they still broke. Honestly either the keyboard quality is trash or war frame is the almighty slayer of keyboards. :P

well my brothers Blackwidow ultimate keyboard has worked perfectly for over 2+ years with constant use, same with my Razer Blackshark as i have used almost everyday for over 2 years now and it functions exactly as it should. i also had a Razer Deathadder which lasted 3½ years with extreme use (it was fault it broke, so it could probably last longer). my Razer Vespula also works perectly, ive had it for about 3 years or so.

so my experiences with their stuff is absolutely perfect.

also another thing to add: 

since mainly most things are produced in China, Vietnam etc, they don't always have a good quality but in order to sell it here in my country they have to make em better than usual because else they wont get them sold. we have a high tendency to complain if something doesn't work and that make others stop buying their product which again they wont make any profit as we don't tolerate low quality stuff, but expect the opposite, quality for our monies since everything is god darn expensive.

Edited by Aeon66

After hearing nothing but mechanical failures and excuses from my friends who still support razer, I would never buy a rzaer product, that and there CEO is a level of douchbag I cannot possibly describe. I have my trusty logitech, it does what it's supposed to do, looks good, and never fails.