The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well I'm Officially Bored!

DaveC

I've levelled up a few Warframes and a whole bunch of weapons to rank 30. I've reached mastery level 5. I have built an Ash Rhino and Ember ready to claim, plus a few other weapons ready to claim. I have built an Orikin reactor and 2 catalysts, not installed them yet.  The problem:

it's all too samey....run run run, kill, kill kill, loot lockers etc..run a whole heap more.... get to extraction. Sometimes on some of the worse maps for waypoint markers, I almost loose the will to live and on the very huge maps where your just running running running.

So I'm thinking about levelling up these 3 new frames, more weapons....but, can't be bothered, why, because it's just more of the same. Nothings really difficult with 4 players, even solo, it's not that difficult.

DE, I made a post about how you can make this game more interesting

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37592-the-maps-get-boring-people-rush-lack-of-challenge/#entry358742

You have to do something, because I seriously can't see how people are going to want to keep playing this. Even within the code you have, because I'm not suggesting you have a massive overhaul, or loads of new work designing lots of new stuff....surely it can be made more interesting. This all came about this evening, on a mission having killed the boss (I can't even remember who), I just realised I couldn't be arsed to get back to extraction all that run run run run.

i've really tried this last week or so but realised that I simply am going to have trouble maintaining any interest unless there's some changes. Now I fully expect founders and others to vote this down, but really, this game is like typing IDKFA in doom and running amok, after a while, it's just not fun any more....unless your 10 like my son. Before people make loads of negative comments, just think, do you want more and better weapons., more blueprints, more cash, more powers........which is what I see asked for. or do you wan't better game play.Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way, people must want more involving game play than this? A bit more challenge, a bit less run and gun and run and gun and run and gun.....ad infinitum. There also needs to be the chance of failing, yes "failing" I know it's a dirty word. Even better the chance of rerunning the same mission with the same squad at the same difficulty, so see if it can be done....perhaps it takes a few attempts, new strategies, change to change the frame/weapons etc.. before it's reattempted. Anything to give a challenge and a sense of achievement that's sadly lacking.

I can see some fantastic potential in the game, but it's simply not being realised properly by the developers at the moment. I realise it's an open beta, but to be honest I don'[t see any real evidence of it changing much..Even the stalker, great idea, but definitely not made the most of in the game.

Sorry, don't mean to be negative, but it needs to be said and I waited a long time before saying it.

Edited by DaveC

I'm in the same boat. When I first started playing, I wanted to play Trinity (I have an affinity for healer-classes), but was only slightly disappointed to see I couldn't choose that warframe from the get-go. No matter. i started with Loki and went through the massive grind. I now have the warframe i wanted, but I can't find the willpower to do everything I already did to get it.

I think like many other users I play the game to collect stuff more than any other thing. It IS a beta though so give it some more time, go play some other game and let the developers continue expanding on this game. I think from Warframe's structure, it is not aimed to be CLEARED, since there is still no sight of an endgame, so until then I can just wait it out. I was getting really bored as well, but I started playing this on a more casual basis and it's much more enjoyable that way. Randomly logging in only to claim an alert and such, I play a lot of Dota 2, so my team's matches last an hour per session so the almost insignificant commitment this game demands is appreciated.

The biggest problem I see is that people don't want to regrind to level up a new Frame. It's completely boring and you feel almost defeated at the idea of losing all of your good stats when you boot up a new one. So I propose that we get a tiny little Frame affinity boost with each new frame we get. That way you get more out of your time investment.

Variety is the spice of life, I think I'm in the same boat as OP at the moment, so I'm taking a small break from warframe and going to see if planetside 2 has gotten any better (Haven't played it since the start of the year). Hopefully update 8 will bring some new game play aspects that will get me interested again. 

Reached Rank 9 today .. still not bored ^^

Same, tho i'm only rank 8, but got all the frames and weapons in my arsenal (yeah all, and all from alert, not platinum) and the game is still fun ...

Those who need inspiration, try to play with friends,while using TS3/Ventrilo/Skype, much more fun that way ...

Edited by Ungorisz

Not every game is for everyone.  

PVE coop games tend to be very, very easy.  Diablo-eques or any MMO, there's very little in those that anyone would consider challenging.

If you really wanna be challenged, look for PVP games.  Other people will always be more challenging than any AI.

"Challenging" shooters usually have you playing long, drawn out, boring whack a mole games while you spend a majority of your time behind cover waiting for shield/health regen.  These are absolutely no fun at all.   

If you want a challenge, take a low level warframe and low level guns to Pluto and solo your way thru the system.

I'm starting to feel the same way. Halfway to rank 6 and I've got nearly 3 maxed Warframes and a boatload of weapons. All that's really kept me going is trying out new Warframes and feeling how they play, as well as trying weapons that are different than just your standard "this is also a rifle but shoots faster".

"Challenging" shooters usually have you playing long, drawn out, boring whack a mole games while you spend a majority of your time behind cover waiting for shield/health regen.  These are absolutely no fun at all.  

Not at all, they don't have to be like that. This game could be made a lot more interesting, I've posted some simple ideas for how it could be done without major code rewrites for them. At the moment it's just the same....very simple thing. Even my 10 year old son is starting to feel the same way.

I solo alot to keep myself entertained, i toy with weapon combinations and tactics, using terrain to get a positonal advantage on the enemy ect.

Oh ive played for over 217 hrs currently 400 xp away from rank 7, don't regret a moment of play.

I actually kinda hope they keep solo play as hard as it can be, maybe make it more consistent with the spawns I like a good challenge, and I like that I can get that challenge even in a co-op shooter.

The future holds more, interesting aspects for the game, some of them quite interesting for clans and group play, others for lore nuts, and this weekend will introduce a new .... thing, too. This game is not there yet. If you get bored, if you feel a burn out coming, take a break. Come back next week, or in two weeks. Those breaks are helpful. :)

2 words: Open Beta, they will add more things in the future. dude you ARE getting the awesome stuff a 60$ game has to offer, maybe even better. open beta: they will add things in the future. and games in beta tend to last long, so you will see alot of improvement. complain how bored the game is when its full released pay2play. you should be lucky its free2play

shame on you peoeple that don't appreciate the good stuff you have

2 words: Open Beta, they will add more things in the future. dude you ARE getting the awesome stuff a 60$ game has to offer, maybe even better. open beta: they will add things in the future. and games in beta tend to last long, so you will see alot of improvement. complain how bored the game is when its full released pay2play. you should be lucky its free2play

shame on you peoeple that don't appreciate the good stuff you have

Ok, i call false on that "2 words". I counted and there were 81 words in total! I want my money back...

PVE coop games tend to be very, very easy.  Diablo-eques or any MMO, there's very little in those that anyone would consider challenging.

If you really wanna be challenged, look for PVP games.  Other people will always be more challenging than any AI.

If you want a challenge, take a low level warframe and low level guns to Pluto and solo your way thru the system.

You're wrong.

PvE can in fact be challenging and has ben done many times before. PvP is not a requirment.

Settings all thegreat single player games aside (Will mention dark souls though, nothing there in sitting and recharging health) The best example is Vindictus.

I remember over the year I played that, how hard, fair and teamwork oriented that game was. I remember my clan trying to beat a boss for an entire week and it wasnt because he had more hp or something like that, it was because our strategy and timing was lacking. When we actually beat it, it was VERY rewarding and was extremely fun to do.

And vindictus managed to keep every boss unique and intresting for a long long time. It can be done,but it requires serious thought.

This game compared to vindictus in its current state is very very shallow.

Well pretty soon this topic may garner enough attention that the developers read it and perhaps begin to ask themselves some serious questions. I hate to mention other products, but the previous poster was right when he talked about trying to beat a particular boss for ages and finally getting a strategy that worked.

This game needs to draw on elements from many other games such as L4D, Payday the heist, Killing floor. Not to copy, but to understand some of the gameplay that made those games very good co-op fun.....and then make Warframe even better.

You're wrong.

PvE can in fact be challenging and has ben done many times before. PvP is not a requirment.

Settings all thegreat single player games aside (Will mention dark souls though, nothing there in sitting and recharging health) The best example is Vindictus.

I remember over the year I played that, how hard, fair and teamwork oriented that game was. I remember my clan trying to beat a boss for an entire week and it wasnt because he had more hp or something like that, it was because our strategy and timing was lacking. When we actually beat it, it was VERY rewarding and was extremely fun to do.

And vindictus managed to keep every boss unique and intresting for a long long time. It can be done,but it requires serious thought.

This game compared to vindictus in its current state is very very shallow.

I'm really gonna have to try Vindictus.  Dl'ing it now.  Anything I should know before I try it out?

Dark Souls isn't coop though.  So out of all the pve coop games in the world you were able to name one that is challenging.  The exception that proves the rule?

Im officially bored since a month now it only took me 2 weeks to max what i tought its fun of the game and get bored.

And yea i took a break... but online games need to have ton of content and continuosly keep me interested.

TL;DR My biggest advice for DE's DO NOT BE AFRAID to COPY and implement from other NEW games, not old shet like WoW theres like 1 bil copies of that.

@Bboy500 post yes Vindictus it is what it is and i turn back to it very entertaining bosses skill/loot systems and theres always something (episode updates/characters/content) around the corner/revamps and such.

Im quit warframe for it even tough i love sci fi more than asian fantasy this game is just way too simple and very little content.

I really hope some of  the money me and other thousands of players spent on founder package/plat will be put to good use by DE and rethink the whole game and start revamps/new boses/maps skillsystems and all that.

As i previously said in the curent state the game is just Call of duty co-op with some not very fun to use powers.

Long time has been since programers can have proper collision detection and advanced scripts for skills/moves hence why vindictus is so succesful and popular despite its pretty rip off prices.WASD+Mouse combos beats everything,just pointless gun shots and spam 1.2.3 ocassionally wont cut it.You dont need any skill for that any 5 year old can aim with a mouse and thats it for dificulty.Hence why Vindictus will have my heart as online mmo,the ammount of combos/skills/timings combined with farm/train effort to be able to do them battles is amazing and keeps you plugged in.I can quit couple of days and very fast i miss smashing some monsters or kick some dragons/evil foes asses and feel so good i  took down those massive bosses.

Seems like my dream sci fi mmo will never exist and not even close,so ill stick with the game that offers at least a part of it which is insanely tough skill system based on timing/combos on vindi.

Not a single other online mmo or even single rpg i found interesting at least since i play it,because all have them old,rough and annoying skill's and skill systems spam 1.2.3 no thanx.

Vindi might be my last mmo(for as long as it lasts i guess) since no other company seems to copy their successfull,inovative skill system.I guess its tough but anyone can make these simple fps's nowdays,i wont be supporting or playing anymore games that dont inovate both in combat and graphics./offtopic

Maybe some day ill play this again if anything change if not it would be just another sad waste of potential.

So DE you have all you need everyone gave you so much feedback,gaming needs have evolved,your game wont be successfull for long(im telling you cause i just know it ok?if i experienced mmo'er and spender quit this after 2 weeks you are failing same goes for other players.)

Edited by RedEye88

So DE you have all you need everyone gave you so much feedback,gaming needs have evolved,your game wont be successfull for long(im telling you cause i just know it ok?if i experienced mmo'er and spender quit this after 2 weeks you are failing same goes for other players.)

To be fair, Digital Extremes doesn't have a publisher backing them with lots of money.  They had to release a closed and open beta to raise the money to add tons of content.  Will they add tons of content in the future to take it to the level you want?  No way to know.  But the basic shooting plus melee, powers and parkour is pretty satisfying, imo, so I'm patiently waiting.

I'm really gonna have to try Vindictus.  Dl'ing it now.  Anything I should know before I try it out?

Dark Souls isn't coop though.  So out of all the pve coop games in the world you were able to name one that is challenging.  The exception that proves the rule?

ME3mp was much more challenging than this game, and all it had was a few maps and horde mode. I played it for a year and still couldn't solo gold with every character. I've played this game a little over a month and I can solo pluto without breaking a sweat.

Yes I could gimp myself and use level 1 weapons and warframe on pluto, but that defeats the entire purpose of the game, which is farm for mods to get stronger. I mean you have to admit that this game is pretty easy in it's current state.