The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Expect From Fellow Trinity?

Killist

Question

I've been playing around with Trinity for last few days I was wondering, 'what am I supposed to be doing?'

In boss runs, my role is quite clear, Energy Vamp the boss so teammates can spam their abilities. 

In non-boss missions, there really isn't that much for me to do except for using Blessing when someone gets hurt. Even then, I find that people are too good and I rarely use Blessing in a mission anymore. 

What do you guys want from Trinity when you're not doing boss runs?

15 answers to this question

your first sentence:

playing around with trinity.....(--')

and yea, trinity don't perform aswell in non boss mission, since everybody just go

rambo. 

But she's really useful on high level defense missions

edit:

also fuse health mod to a high level. since trinity can tank everything by using her health as her shield and then simply press 4 to replenish it. 

Edited by kiwicanfly

I have the same issue. I have every Frame up to lvl 30 except banshee who is cooking, saryn i just started, and Trinity, at 20 something. SO far trinity is the only one i was feeling as if I were a little bit useless. I could kill all day with guns, but I really have only one useful ability in non-boss fights. And even then I usually  don't know that it should be used until i see someone who just got knocked out. Kinda late then.

Love having a Trinity along, or being Trinity, on high level Infested missions.

I expect you (and I do) to charge in and make the Runner selfdestruct, linking that damage to an Ancient. I expect you to use link to redirect Ancient's knockdowns into each other. I expect you to spam EV on every Ancient you can, giving us all basically unlimited energy.

I expect you to use Blessing after most toxic kills, or every time you get to full energy and see an orb.

Grineer/Corpus missions I don't mind not having Trin, but would still prefer her over Rhino, for example.

Both can go immune for long periods of time, but while Rhino has a aoe stun and tiny nuke, Trinity gifts all her teammates with tons of energy and occasional heals. Link is also >>>> IS. Trinity is faster than Rhino too, which is a nice +.

At low/easy levels I'd rather have along another damage dealer. But at max levels where people do end up taking health damage, Trinity is awesome. The health pickups are rare enough and the items unused enough to bring her along just for the periodic blessing.

Edited by Darzk

Love having a Trinity along, or being Trinity, on high level Infested missions.

I expect you (and I do) to charge in and make the Runner selfdestruct, linking that damage to an Ancient. I expect you to use link to redirect Ancient's knockdowns into each other. I expect you to spam EV on every Ancient you can, giving us all basically unlimited energy.

I expect you to use Blessing after most toxic kills, or every time you get to full energy and see an orb.

Grineer/Corpus missions I don't mind not having Trin, but would still prefer her over Rhino, for example.

Both can go immune for long periods of time, but while Rhino has a aoe stun and tiny nuke, Trinity gifts all her teammates with tons of energy and occasional heals. Link is also >>>> IS. Trinity is faster than Rhino too, which is a nice +.

At low/easy levels I'd rather have along another damage dealer. But at max levels where people do end up taking health damage, Trinity is awesome. The health pickups are rare enough and the items unused enough to bring her along just for the periodic blessing.

Thanks for the info,

I will definitely try to play like you've described

I run trinity with the following:

Hek

Lex

Amphis

Amphis I like because the jump attack does large aoe, but does NOT knockdown, doing this while you have link up leaves the mooks standing up and shooting you, and the aoe grabs (aggros) attention of running enemies. (say on defense missions, where they will want to run past you to go for the pod)

Hek for mid/close burst damage and lex for sniping (fairly obvious) on defense missions I'll find a decent sniping spot(w/lex) and do energy vamp/ blessing (max blessing/continuity so it gives the invulnerability state to team for the longest) and once things get closer in switch to EV/link with Hek. as I run about.

For regular missions link is fairly goto power as others state above and blessing is good to top up your team, get in the habit of pressing "Z" during weapon reload to check your teams health.

Good Luck!

...get in the habit of pressing "Z" during weapon reload to check your teams health.

Am new to the forums so I expect it's been said elsewhere, but I really wish Z would toggle that window and not need to be held.  Knowing the health of your team mates I don't think just applies to Trinity; I know I'd find it useful having a heads up that someone's in trouble.

Am new to the forums so I expect it's been said elsewhere, but I really wish Z would toggle that window and not need to be held.  Knowing the health of your team mates I don't think just applies to Trinity; I know I'd find it useful having a heads up that someone's in trouble.

100% Agree with this, also when toggle the health it shouldn't stop us from moving/shooting/etc.

When I use trinity I always imagine myself to be a walking doom, call an enemy(casts EV) then deliver its unavoidable de... DAMMIT Mag don't crush that! Oh well we got another crush and that's not bad.

I like to use trinity to level up weapons I am not good at using(either style, skill or lack of level). The worst scenario includes everyone living off Blessing and watch me take down enemies at amateurish speed.