Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Mode [ Tenno Tower ] " The Answers You Seek Tenno.. Lie Amongst The Heavens "

pdxdubin

waAOTES.jpg

Tenno Tower..  This tenno.. Is where you will find the answers you seek.  

But first... you must prove your worth..

I challenge you TENNO!

PROVE TO ME THAT YOU ARE WORTHY OF KNOWLEDGE.. and meet me on the top.

Edit:

I just realized!

In the introduction to the game.  

That white room you start in, was called the "OROKIN TOWER"

no joke.. it was a flying space ship, here is the video.

Note the "OROKIN TOWER - The first chamber"

THIS IS IN THE GAME ALREADY!

This tenno tower concept dose not need massive levels, 

It could be 100 white simplistic levels where your ammo gets replenished each time.

Like the Trials of Tenno.

100 specific trials, maybe you need to kill 100 infested in a minute?  that could be level one, 

imagine

"OROKIN TOWER - The second chamber "

"Lotus: Tenno, You need to defeat all 100 of these infested in 1 minute to continue."

OROKIN TOWER - The final chamber

"Lotus: Its too bad tenno.. i did not want to do this. but you have learned to much.. i need to stop you here"

[ Final boss fight ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TennO Tower~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello i want to introduce you to a concept, that would conquer a few issues that lie within Warframe.  Before i explain the concept i want to tell you the issues this will sove.

1. We want a goal, we want an end game.  We want a purpose.

2. We want answers, we need guidance.

3.  We want a challenge!

4.  New frames = the need for new bosses.

5.  We need a way to incorporate team composition, and clan party making into the game.

---- Concept ----

Here is the concept.

Tenno tower is a progressive survival type sandbox mode.  Where players will start off at

the bottom of the tower.  Where they will fight fairly weak enemies.

BUT, each level of the tower gets progressively more difficult.

IE:  At level one of the tower, the enemies will be level 5-6.  And at level two they will be

level 8-10.  And so forth.

Now the goal?  Each level has NO objectives, but instead, are MAZES.  

The goal is for tenno to find the portal that leads to the next level, this portal can be anywhere, but the areas they sit, will be very generic and easy to find.  

At first....

Now each level may become slightly larger as you move up, and the maps may get darker and darker, until they turn into an infested type of map.

THE KICKER.

With all of the new warframes coming out, there needs to be a boss to defeat them for.

So.  Without adding an entire new solar system, or planets....

We can use the tower concept!!!

Every 10 levels of the tower will have 1 BOSS.

And these fights are simple, you enter through the 9th portal.  And you come into a single room, where a boss stands

between you, and the next level.

These bosses are going to be singular fights, meaning there are never any interruptions.  

And after you defeat the boss, it will have a 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drop rate for one of the frame parts.

But this is fairly balanced.  As it will take time to reach the 10th level, and repeat farming will come with mastery of the map layouts.

KICKER # 2

THE TOWER HAS 100 LEVELS...

Every 10 levels will be a completely different challenge.   Enemies may develop certain characteristics.

After level 30,  fighting enemies that are level 100+ is just a ridiculous feat.  

But too bad, this is the challenge you were looking for.

And the players that complete this challenge, will have there feats posted onto a global leaderboard.

This will drive players to come out of there normal gameplay habbits, of running around and gunning everything down.

TO reach the highest levels in this tower, will require complex team work, and will rely on clan parties more then ever.

Teams will have to create compositions, no more random frames and weapons, you will have to think this through, and

have to take it bit by bit.

Now, have you ever thought about beating warframe?

There is no final boss?

But what if...

The last level of tenno tower, was the lotus boss fight.  

or some other kind of giant reveal, some massive boss fight, where you will learn things about the lore and the

universe.  It could be a magnificent end boss, and it would just last with people forever.

Imagine, sitting at the top of some tower, on the roof.  Looking up at the stars and fighting a massive boss, who floats

around and S#&$s on everyone.  Maybe some ancient orokin being?

Something majestic for sure.

But hey guys, maybe we could push this concept?  I think it would be a very beneficial addition to this game.

Something that players could " FIGHT FOR "  if you know what i mean.

We need a GOAL, we need a PURPOSE.

Because we are TENNO!

and going through this trial of combat, rising through 100 levels of battle...

all to find the truths that we are searching for?

This will bring meaning to tenno, and this could be the end game we are all looking for.

---------Q&A---------

1.  Ammo management, this will be a big problem.

- Yes it will!  But this will also be a part of the CHALLENGE, think about other games, survival based games where you have a limited amount of resources, Using your ammo, and other resources smartly, will be a big part of this game.

You would really have to think about how to move on here, and if you are capable of reaching the next boss fight.

So bring your ammo packs, and save your energy!

- Also i think with all the random ammunition / energy orb drops, this will be a very plausible and doable.

2.  Save points, this will be rough on new players.

- Exactly!  Which is why, like in defence missions,  players should be able to opt out at the end of each boss fight so they can keep there credits, mods and resources!

3.  Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory <3333333

OH MY GOSH!  I WAS TRYING TO REMEMBER WHAT GAME THIS WAS!!!@#!!

Yes, this is 100% where i got the inspiration for this,  i remember like 5 years ago i would play this game NONSTOP

And the way the executed the tower of purgatory was just hands down the best experience in my life.

And that game has alot of similarities to Warframe, which is why i think it would be such a great and FUN fit.

Kudos to you sir.

Pictures of Rengoku, a game that sorta inspired this. 

A6FYDrR.jpg

JKjuvv6.jpg

Useful posts, will be adding them to here from now on.

pdxdubin, on 11 May 2013 - 4:22 PM, said:snapback.png

every 10 levels is a "different" boss, that drops Blueprints for a "different" warframe.

This is a way to let players earn blueprints, other then get them randomly like banshee.. 

So took a shower just now and got another idea for this and the boss drops!

Have it so every boss has a 100% chance to drop an item. 1-6 would drop special items meant for a blueprint later on(getting to it :3)

7-9 bosses could drop weapons and an item. boss 10 has four items in his set to drop 1 weapon, and three BPs these BPs could use the various items you gain from the other bosses, one of the BPs could use all three of the 7-9 weapons to make a whole new weapon!(maybe a frame made out of weapons XD)

This way as you fight up and fail on higher bosses you get stuff that when you do finally make it to the top you get something you can probably already make...Never liked fighting a super hard long battle then get something like a BP and need to farm for the stuff ruins the victory for me.

Another idea I came up with is something like KingdomHearts, on the lower floors there could be something like a console with the Lotus symbol on it and it takes you to a super hard secret bosses (KH1 best bosses were just done by talking to buddies like Tinkerbell and bam super hard boss fight! They were placed so you could not do them unless you had access to the story's last boss(he was a push over...)) So even after you beat the Tower you could go back and change paths or something?

Yea and after a few people make to the top of this tower, maybe they could use that time to add another variant.

Like maybe after they reach the top of the tower...

They beat the boss, who ends up exploding and leaving behind a big portal.

And you can only access this portal by defeating the last boss on the top.

Once you go through the portal it takes you to a majestic place, even more mysterious then the orokin.

Like an multidimensional space where enemies transcend multiple existences and are VERY hard to kill.

Like each enemy you see there would be a boss, and can nearly one shot you on its own.

But this place would be able to drop super rare mods, and maybe Super rare fusion cores.

Kinda like the secrete cow level in diablo 3?

This was totally the scene that i had in my head for the final boss of Warframe.  Imagine fighting lotus or something on this level?

Edited by pdxdubin

Dungeon crawler fun times. This can't be a mode though. Just...too long to do it. Imagine a 1000 floors towers, WITH NO CHECK POINT IN BETWEEN TO RETURN!

No way.

I think it could be a new environment in a special "planet" where you can select levels. Not much changes from what we have now. It is just a "planet" with basically series of assassination missions. Boss rush type of planet.

Edited by RainDreamer

One problem-ammo.

Don't forget that enemies drop amunition =P

As i said it will bring a new dimension to warframe.

Guess what this would be?

" take some time to think "

. oh yes.

A GREAT CHALLENGE

This will force players to rely on team compositions, Powers and certain mele weapons.

Also it will give some people a reason to buy AMMO BOXES

LOL

10 floors would easily wipe out ammo reserves, especially later on. And you only get 8 max ammo boxes.

Maybe a free ammo refill at the end of each floor.

Hmm.  

Maybe the bosses could drop like a mound of ammunition towards the end?

But you guys, we cant be too picky?

When i thought of this, i had a challenge in mind.

As tenno, we have no way to evolve our tactics without great difficulties   

Idea: What do you think about this - to force people to go on, send a stalker through the level, searching you through the maze every 5-10 mins. Stalker gets harder and harder later on to the point it is better to use stealth and run away from him than fight him.

And every time we reach boss level, the stalker is there waiting for us, and assume the form of the boss then fight us?!

Ammo starvation isn't dificulty, it's annoying.

Then help me think of a way to compensate for this =)

Logically, i think it would be entirely possible to make it to levels 10-20 without an organized team.

With a gorgon, and a lex, all maxed out with a few ammo packs In addition to the ammo drops on the ground.

I don't see much of a problem.

As in with the higher levels,  maybe people will have to find a way to manage there resources?

Which i think would be very fun.

Save your ammo in the weak levels, use mele.  

then use your ammo when you need it.

And if you run out, use mele for a while.

it will be a STRUGGLE 

Idea: What do you think about this - to force people to go on, send a stalker through the level, searching you through the maze every 5-10 mins. Stalker gets harder and harder later on to the point it is better to use stealth and run away from him than fight him.

And every time we reach boss level, the stalker is there waiting for us, and assume the form of the boss then fight us?!

Well i think it would be cool to incoporate a new challenge later on.

But for new players i think they would have fun going through the levels.

But having stalkers, or maybe random encounters in the later levels to increase difficulty would be something cool to think about. 

I like your concept, but 100 floors w/o any kind of checkpoints seems to much for casual players IMO.

I am working on this right now.

I am going to rewrite that, because the original was just words from my brain, onto screen lol.

Im thinking at the end of every boss fight, you will have the option to leave or continue.

Simular to defence missions.

Ammo starvation isn't dificulty, it's annoying.

Enemies drop ammo, bud. Besides, whos to say that ammo drops wont be made more common for this game mode?

Then help me think of a way to compensate for this =)

There are a couple of ways to go about this:

1: Enemies drop more ammo/are more likely to drop more ammo.

2: LOTS of green storage lockers on each level, packed to the brim with ammo drops.

3: Free ammo refill after each level, perhaps not a complete refill, but a refill nontheless.

AKA The tower where Tenno go to become miserable and short on ammo.

If the devs play their cards right, this would be far from the case.

I like your concept, but 100 floors w/o any kind of checkpoints seems to much for casual players IMO.

This isn't a mode for casual players. Besides, as the OP mentioned, there could be an option to quit or keep going every 10 levels, with rewards getting progressively better - like in defence missions, only a bit more mental.

Enemies drop ammo, bud. Besides, whos to say that ammo drops wont be made more common for this game mode?

There are a couple of ways to go about this:

1: Enemies drop more ammo/are more likely to drop more ammo.

2: LOTS of green storage lockers on each level, packed to the brim with ammo drops.

3: Free ammo refill after each level, perhaps not a complete refill, but a refill nontheless.

If the devs play their cards right, this would be far from the case.

This isn't a mode for casual players. Besides, as the OP mentioned, there could be an option to quit or keep going every 10 levels, with rewards getting progressively better - like in defence missions, only a bit more mental.

Well said, i thought about a complete ammo refill but i don't think it will fit right. 

I also got a little bit of inspiration from an anime called sword art online.

I remember they talked about this giant tower that NO ONE could beat, NO ONE COULD DO IT.

They played this game for years without trying to beat it, because no one was cunning enough to do so.

This needs to be the same way, and there needs to be a LEADERBOARD OPTION.  To show the teams that complete the tower the shortest amount of time.

And i'm saying, this should take at least 5-10 hours ALONE

THIS WILL BE THE MOST CHALLENGING FEAT IN HISTORY.

And the people the complete this should be renowned in a leaderboard. 

Also yea like i said, it would be nice to see a challenge, where the ending of the game is in sight.

But so far away...  but always infront of you.

That would be a really good feeling for the game.

and for some people, it may take them months to finish.

I can see it now,  Someone in japan showing a youtube video of the final boss fight of warframe...  with kanji everywhere and japanese narriation.

This video would have 3,000,000 million views.. and people will be amazed to see how they did it. 

>XD