Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extra Customization For Warframe Ability Mods

Badprenup

My idea is fairly simple and gives us a bit more character customization. On Warframe Ability Mods, instead of having scaling abilities, give each ability a very simple perk system. For this example, I will use Loki and it's Decoy ability based off the Wiki for an example.

Decoy

Currently costs 25 Energy

Time lasts 8/8/16/21 Seconds

Instead of this straightforward increase, you would have a few options for each fusion. You would only get a maximum of 3 Fusions, same as before, but you get a bit more choice in what they do. Here is a possible setup:

shsHjjd.png

As you can see, with the maximum of 3 Fusions on these, you could either make your decoy last a long time, place it farther away, or get an extra ability. You can mix and match these as well, so you could make a Decoy that you can place further away that stuns enemies or you can place one kind of far away that lasts a long time.

I'm currently thinking each ability would have two stat changes (longer duration, further range, lowered cost, more damage, etc.) and one added ability that is unique to it. Perhaps Volt's Overload could quick-hack terminals. Maybe Excalibur can use Slash Dash and change directions part of the way through.

The possibilities are huge. Also, it encourages players to have different ability Mods for different situations. Volt wouldn't use a quick hack Overload on an Infestation mission, but an additional DoT effect or lowered cost would come in handy. It could also allow for Rare Ability Mods at high levels that you can upgrade a bit more or with other bonuses.

You mean Mod Skill Trees?  i want these

Yeah, but I was thinking just for abilities. It would be way too much to manage for every mod, at least in my opinion.

I like the mod system how it is...

I do too for the most part. The regular mod system would be unchanged, and this would only apply to abilities. I just think that by the end-game there won't be enough diversity between players so everyone will be playing the exact same way.

I like how this gets thumbs up but my pretty much replica that came before this has nothing haha wow.

That's the way things work sometimes I guess. Sucks but it happens.