The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Amd Crossfire

NIGHTSTRIKE

I was playing this game with my two 290x's smooth never an issue. Stopped playing for a few weeks played again and installed the most recent update (which wasn't big at all) and loaded up the game. Now in game I have this horrible what I think is screen tearing, these horizontal lines accross my screen. But after I made a profile under Catalyst for this game and disable crossfire its plays fine... I am confused on why the game is now not playing well with crossfire? Any thoughts?

Oh just seems strange that it worked fine before. I tried enabling Vsync which it was on auto that didn't do anything still studdering and having those horrid horizontal lines accross my screen. Only fix is using the profile to disable crossfire.... Might be time to look for some 4k monitors. Thanks!

I have 2 290X 8GB and crossfire did seem to work but as with 1 card I get between 200-400fps (around the 250 mark ingame) anyway there's no reason to run both cards.

The only other thing I can think of to try is enabling "frame pacing" in CCC it's supposed to eliminate stuttering from card latency problems. but like Majicfingers said you may be having issues with the stupidly high fps and much lower monitor refresh.

Like you i tried crossfire and it ran ok and I WAS getting almost 90% fps jump but the loading cutscenes were VERY poor fps and there was usually some form of stuttering ingame that I don't get with one card, so a bit of a no brainer imo,

Just a pity there's no eyefinity support :D

Edited by SRS13Rastus