The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solar Disc Weapons

Tangerine

Energy disk launchers? HELL YES!

IMHO the Solaris would better fit being a Melee weapon. It would it in the Glaive class, with a small blue disk/chakram for normal slash attacks, and big, red, non-bouncing disk that goes straight through killed enemies for charged attacks.

Fits under the 'frames arm when not in use, and a knuckle-duster-esque disk emitter pops out to the 'frame's hand like how the Glaive does.

Edited by Shion963

I came into this thread expecting the worst, possibly some kind of troll who made some stripes in Paint and now trolls the forums with it, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Awesome ideas and nicely drawn, at least for paint (not that I could draw any better neither on a pc nor on paper ;) )

Reminds me a lot of the MegaMan buster, Boktai series, or even the Solar gun in MGS4.

It sounds like a really nice concept when put into terms of gameplay too.

Either way, you might want to change the title to attract more attention.

I approve of this idea. I actually like how the gloves in particular make use of a lackluster damage reduction active ability by changing it into a delayed offensive action.

Let's get us some charge blasters and kinetic repulsors up in here.

Edited by Dinictus

...And no one ever remembered text-only suggestions like this one...

Ahem, awesome ideas!

Personally I thought that maybe shield gauntles could be more 'usual' melee weapons, with close-range aoe shock on tap, and "long-range" knockback wave on charge. (and somehow balanced shield on block. Half tenno height (top half, so it would be more like an addition to the cover, rather than a riot shield) and twice the width. Maybe a circular shield on slide-melee? would look cool).

I'm a ninja. Your argument is invalid.

Edited by GTG3000

I love the pistol concept - not sure I find the melee version quite as hot. I mean, we already have the glaive, and it seems a kind of combination of both glaive and the furis. But hey - more content is always a plus ^_^

...And no one ever remembered text-only suggestions like this one...

Ahem, awesome ideas!

Personally I thought that maybe shield gauntles could be more 'usual' melee weapons, with close-range aoe shock on tap, and "long-range" knockback wave on charge. (and somehow balanced shield on block. Half tenno height (top half, so it would be more like an addition to the cover, rather than a riot shield) and twice the width. Maybe a circular shield on slide-melee? would look cool).

I'm a ninja. Your argument is invalid.

I'm so yelling HADOUKEN on charge attack.