The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Op Build/strat For New Tac Alert

VKhaun

Question

Mesa full efficiency stacked w/transient fortitude. Dethcube w/machine rifle. Kestrel w/Entropy Flight optional, not enough stuff to kill to get the proc very often. You don't need blind rage or intensify, Transient Fortitude felt perfect though Intensify wouldn't hurt I guess.

Stand on top of the rover. Use 4 to kill everything. Drop shield restore packs to power the rover. Mesa and the restore packs can ride on top of it and will not fall off. Drop power restore packs when nothing is there to shoot. (Remember we now have over-shields so your actual shield value is irrelevant and you can free-power the rover using restore packs)

Throw Kestrel at nullifier bubbles from long range to weaken them then hit 4 as you approach. Dethcube will finish off the shield bubbles as you get close and you'll mow down the nullifier along with everything else. I think I've heard Djinn has the longest attack range (double check that) so that might work better.

It's slightly messy and some nullifies will survive, but I finished with the rover at about half HP even playing sloppy. 2/2 on the first two tries with this build. The hardest part is the little fight to get to the rover.

Edited by VKhaun

11 answers to this question

A pair of max-range Frosts are also really brokenly easy.

EDIT: On my second run I just sat on the rover spamming globes. My teammates joined me and did nothing. It still survived with 400 health even though we got no kills the entire mission.

Edited by egregiousRac

is it even doable with like.. random dudes who will never listen to you and instead run around in some crappy frame trying to melee kill 10 nullifiers?

^

Basically if you spam restore packs and stand on the thing you can win as long as you bring enough dakka. Some random players might run out and die and then get mad if you don't revive, but as long as you have dat dakka you can kill all the things and ride through. I feel like Mesa was the best because she is the shootiest and most dakka.

from what I've seen the optimal team is 2 frosts spamming globes and restores on the truck, a mirage for the 5x throwing, and an optional mesa if you really want all the enemies dead all the time. also zephyr's turbulence isn't bad at all, if you want to survive.

Edited by ragingdeamon

Zephyr standing on the Rover and using Turbulence and Tornadoes (They really help)

Yep. Zephyr with max efficiency, range and duration (without narrow minded). Sit on the truck, keep Turbulence up at all times, use Tornado when enemies are in range, and ignore the people stupid enough to run out and die.

Also I had my Kestrel with Power Throw and R2 Quick Return, which meant it exploded on impact with the ground. That seemed to help.