The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion About A Button For Sigils

-LF-MonsterChacal.OMilfo

I know some ppl here would hate me for what i say, but believe, it's a good idea there... on the depths...

I propose a button to switch on/off the reputation gain from sigils.. then u ask me "why?". Lemme explain.

not many of you had the guts to do "syndicate migration", simply because u felt it wasn't necessary, or u couldn't afford spending forma and potatos for the task. But some, like me, actually did it... and i took the opportunity to get all sigils from the syndicates i went through in the past. I noticed how good would a sigil enhance the beauty of some frames, but sadly, i couldn't use it, because it would give reputation for an once friendly syndicate, now as an enemy one...

My simple suggestion was a button to turn on/off, so u can use any sigils u got so far, without having to worry about reputation gain towards any syndicate... u wanna get reputation? turn it on... doesn't wanna? turn it off... simple like that.

That would be nice, there are some awesome looking siglls that I can only use when i cap my reputation gain because it goes against my target rep for a certain syndicate.

Let me get this straight: You don't want to support a syndicate, and they hate your guts. Yet you still want to wear a sigil bearing their logo, which was created to show your support?

Yea, that's not how it works.

Let me get this straight: You don't want to support a syndicate, and they hate your guts. Yet you still want to wear a sigil bearing their logo, which was created to show your support?

Yea, that's not how it works.

Well currently I'm running Meridian, Sequence, Veil and Loka. There's one sigil in Sequence that I'm quite fond of, and Sequence directly affects Meridian. I can balance it by leveling Meridian passively via Veil, but it's a pain.

If you're talking about lore wise, yeah I'm not the type that follows that whole "he's the enemy, never support him" thing, I'm more focused about the reward.

Well currently I'm running Meridian, Sequence, Veil and Loka. There's one sigil in Sequence that I'm quite fond of, and Sequence directly affects Meridian. I can balance it by leveling Meridian passively via Veil, but it's a pain.

If you're talking about lore wise, yeah I'm not the type that follows that whole "he's the enemy, never support him" thing, I'm more focused about the reward.

I don't think DE wants to cater to jugglers. From what I've seen, they want you to pick a side, and stick with it.

You need to decide if the chairman sigil or steel meridian matters more to you.

I don't think DE wants to cater to jugglers. From what I've seen, they want you to pick a side, and stick with it.

You need to decide if the chairman sigil or steel meridian matters more to you.

Just giving myself a bit more options, apparently Syndicates could change their alliances in the future.

DE, please... ignore the saint of grey speech... just because he's allied with a syndicate and he wants to be devoted to that specific syndicate(s), doesn't mean his idea is supposed to be a rule... because of his selfish idea, a lot of work of your designer towards the creation of the sigils, would be in vain, because most of them would just stay rotten in the inventory of players, because of the reputation gain it would give. Like i said... with a single button called Reputation:ON/OFF, this problem can be solved for everyone. The players that follow the Saint of Grey's idea, just need to not touch that button, implying the reputation will be always ON. For the players that follows my idea, push the button to toogle it OFF and only put it ON when doing really reputation farming.

One more thing to break the Saint of Grey's core idea...
if u arent allowed to use the sigils of enemy syndicate, what's the purpose of harkonar armor set? (the one who tenno stole from grineer high rank oficials?)

PS: this button would stay on the left of archwing button in the arsenal, so people would identify it easier, while doing gear setup, for a rep farming, as an example.

Edited by MonsterChacal

yes dvikvm, and then, why some art over the design of sigils? wouldn't ya agree they should just create a slot on loadout and create a module, like the objects we find on the floor, representing the ammo, to be the "flags" of the syndicate? It would perfect fit on your idea.

My proposal is in fact to use them more than simple banners of the syndicates.

Thousand percent agreement with the OP. 

It isn't unrealistic to wear the sigil of a faction you hate. 

In history, sometimes a country would attack another under the uniform of a third country, so that they draw the ire instead. Or maybe that's just a thing in fiction (someone draw a real world example, please) but it does work in fiction

Or, For simple terms; one could murder lots of people in a police officer uniform. The police don't like you for that.