The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee Weapon For Newer Player?

Chubsmagee

dual ether is awesome. dual heat sword is probably second best on my list (for a newbie weapon)

This.  Dual Ether are prolly the most OP melee atm.  If you are looking for a heavy weapon Fragor/Gram are good for large groups etc.  Just make sure you have max fury/reflex coil...

no they have a good charge attack, a jump attack that causes AOE burn, and have a bar polarity slot. they still good

Should I still upgrade to Dual Ethers? I think I have enough credits to buy the recipe.

If they are substantially better, then i'll put in the time to make them.

Should I stick with the Dual Heats, or make the Dual Ethers?

Edited by Chubsmagee

Should I still upgrade to Dual Ethers? I think I have enough credits to buy the recipe.

If they are substantially better, then i'll put in the time to make them.

Should I stick with the Dual Heats, or make the Dual Ethers?

ive tried both dual heat swords and dual ether swords and i  don't find one much better than the other. honestly i think it boils down to preference because of the pro's and con's each weapons has.

id say try them both out and see what you like since both weapons are easy to craft

If you wan to be able to handle all ranges effectively, though not completely efficiently in one case, then I'd recommend the Latron, the Afuris (much cheaper than Akbolto for those starting out) and the Dual Ethers. The Latron covers your mid-long to long range, Afuris is short to mid-short range, and Dual Ethers for rapid fast normal attacks that ignore armor and stun just about every enemy they hit in their wide cleaves.

Keep in mind, the Afuris eats up ammo like crazy, so try to use it to soften up enemies closing in (or you're closing in on if very close) for your Dual Ethers. When you get the right mods and playstyle down, most weapons will be just fine. Except for the Grakata.

edit: The reason I mention the Latron/Afuris combo for either Skana/Cronus/DHS/Dual Ether is for a new player, the Latron and Afuris are pretty much credits only. A single Orokin Cell is the only rare material you'll need. The akbolto would be better, but it requires four Orokin Cells (1 for each Bolto, 2 for the akbolto), 600 alloy plates (300 per bolto) and 4 Neurodes (2 per bolto) and 20,000 credits for each bolto crafted (each bolto requires a Lato in your inventory) and then another 20,000 for the akbolto. All those materials will take a long time, much longer compared to just buying the Latron with only 50k credits (much easier with scaling rewards on each planet now) and each Furis costing only 15k and the Afuris BP costing 15,000 to buy and 20k to craft.

Using those two weapons, you'll only need 80 alloy plates, 900 salvage, 2 Morphics, and 850 ferrite for Dual Ethers. Alloy Plates drop in very low quantities, rarely above 20 at best, whereas salvage and ferrite drop in massive quantities and are very common, and Captain Vor drops Morphics very often, as it's a drop on Mercury. So all in all, the Latron/Afuris/Dual Ethers only require a couple days of grinding out credits and only a few drops worth of the very rare and coveted alloy plates with very common other materials, and just one Orokin Cell that can drop in Saturn, a planet unlocked from Mercury. That's not to say the weapons will be super awesome in Pluto, but they are much more forgiving to new players in terms of ease of acquirement and use.

Edited by NalkorRN

The Chronus is the most well rounded early melee weapon you can get.  it has one of the highest theoretical max single target swing damage, average charge time and average charge damage.  For a new player it's just boss.  Once you learn a bit more you can pick up a heavy weapon, some dual blades, maybe some daggers and a staff weapon and try em all out to see what you like for different situations.

For starting out though the Chronus is just the king.  People tend to want it to be a lesser weapon and even I did at one point and it took me a while to actually build one.  It's a sword which means it has base stagger vs most targets, hits single target only and has a medium range knockdown on jump attacks.  Use this one to learn how to do your chargeups, slides, sneak attacks.  It's not the best when you get mobbed, but with it's quick swings you can rapidly swap targets and stagger many close enemies while slowly chipping them down.

Honestly if I weren't leveling melee weapons constantly for affinity I'd still be using this one or the Furax.

THE GLAIVE COSTS PLATINUM!

A

The Chronus is the most well rounded early melee weapon you can get.  it has one of the highest theoretical max single target swing damage, average charge time and average charge damage.  For a new player it's just boss.  Once you learn a bit more you can pick up a heavy weapon, some dual blades, maybe some daggers and a staff weapon and try em all out to see what you like for different situations.

For starting out though the Chronus is just the king.  People tend to want it to be a lesser weapon and even I did at one point and it took me a while to actually build one.  It's a sword which means it has base stagger vs most targets, hits single target only and has a medium range knockdown on jump attacks.  Use this one to learn how to do your chargeups, slides, sneak attacks.  It's not the best when you get mobbed, but with it's quick swings you can rapidly swap targets and stagger many close enemies while slowly chipping them down.

Honestly if I weren't leveling melee weapons constantly for affinity I'd still be using this one or the Furax.

And if you win in tolstoj you might get an blueprint at the boss! It's a longsword like the skana but it's a bit faster and got a little bit more damage.