Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pease Make This More Rewarding For Solo Play

finaLfrontier

I understand that you want to stop players from farming credits and modules. However, how this is currently done is really frustrating for single player. I've been playing for 4 hours this morning and have absolutely nothing to show for it but a small smidgen of weapon XP.

I've played somewhere around 5 missions that took anywhere from 20-40 minutes apiece before I died.Tried a few hard missions first, then easier ones after getting sick of dying and getting absolutely nothing after a long grueling mission.

Even in the easy mission I got stun locked and killed before I could run to safety. Bad luck, and not being able to complete a single mission after 4 hours of play is irritating enough, but the real complaint is the fact that I come away empty handed after so much time invested into something.

A Suggestion:

Perhaps, at least for solo missions, if a player spends 30 minutes or so in a mission, they keep the credits and modules they pick up even if they die?

If the angle here is to create an incentive to not die, this is NOT the answer... Trust me, having to restart a mission is punishment enough. Losing everything after 45 minutes in a mission really makes me not want to play the game anymore.

Please consider this suggestion.

Thank you

You're modding your weapons etc correct? If you are still having issues with higher difficulty missions I would suggest playing some low level defense missions to help you get a little exp and some mods.  I know you are solo, so you should be able to make it to wave 5 I would assume.  Make sure you are leveling your mods as much as possible.  Try and focus on weapon damage, redirection, vitality, and fast deflection. 

Another option is to not play solo, and try and find a group of people with like play style.  This game is a co-op game after all... I've played for well over 100 hours and obviously cannot solo everything, but most things I can.  That's with TONS of mods being fused etc etc and frames/weapons level'ed for even more mod fusing.  It's a bit of a grind! Don't give up! If you really need help feel free to add me in game! IGN: Firebat86

Edited by Firebat86

If what you were doing is too hard, you go to an easier level until you feel that you're ready to take on the harder one. You don't try and get the hard one made easier, that ruins the game for people who actually enjoy a challenge.

Due to rl obligations, I play almost exclusively solo as I frequently have to stop what I am doing, and I would rather not keep other gamers waiting.

Anyway, solo play and the rewards are fine, so far solo I have acquired, rhino, ember, volt, ash, frost and mag, not to mention grinding mats and credits for, boltor, bolto, gorgon, braton, latron, lex, amphis, bo, aklato, akbolto, paris, hek, fragor, dual zoren, gram, dual heat, dual ether and sicarus: I think that's all of them.

I am going to take a guess that you chose loki as your starting frame, as that's the worst of the starter frames to learn to play the game with, its a great frame with a few hours under your belt but it can be fragile, more so while you are getting used to things. Further, I too had a problem when starting with the way revives are acquired, in fact I still do, even though I rarely if ever use one now, I do think they should be available to craft or purchase with credit's. Be that as it may, while it may feel rough at first losing everything if you cannot get through a mission, that change was needed, as the previous system was open to abuse and was abused wholesale.

My best advice is to stick with it, don't over extend with the missions until you have levelled your frame some and started to put together mods to improve survivability, it won’t take long; as soon as you are able, do some of the low level defence missions as they are a great way to grind mods and frame xp. Once you have levelled your frame and weapons some, and put together a reasonable group of mods things will get easier, from there you can begin your first frame BP grind and get into something a little more robust, assuming you are indeed playing loki.

As for the tard’s neg repping, get over yourselves and try offering some useful  advice instead of being $&*^wads; it’s just beginners blues, everyone gets frustrated once in a while when starting out in a new game.

Edited by HexCaliber

People would only hide at places nobody would reach to keep their mods that way. No thanks.

Not sure what you are saying here

If what you were doing is too hard, you go to an easier level until you feel that you're ready to take on the harder one. You don't try and get the hard one made easier, that ruins the game for people who actually enjoy a challenge.

Uh, not trying to make anything "easier" as you put it. The issue is the fact that you completely waste your time if you die. Games don't usually go that route anymore... For good reason

Due to rl obligations, I play almost exclusively solo....

Actually I went with MAG. Part of the problem with my string of bad luck is that I'm currently trying to level my Snipetron, but that is beside the point. This wasn't supposed to be an alarm to the game's difficulty. Let me reiterate that there needs to be more reward at the end of a mission even If you die, but only if you've invested a good amount of time to the mission already

I don't know if there was a change in 4.10 (didn't see anything in the patch notes) but something interesting happened today. My friend and I went to Everest. I got a Hornet Strike mod during the mission and I was ecstatic, but we didn't really have the right weapon load out to fight Hek and we ended up having to forfeit. I was really bummed, because I thought I would lose the Hornet Strike, but I went to my inventory and it was still there.