Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New, Frustrated And Hopelesly Lost... Need Full Map...

Kikkerke

Greetings.

I am since few hours new on the game, I tried a solo (since I am not to good in these things when in a party. I get easely confused between friend/foe.)

I did the first mission, took like 2 hours running it, getting hopelesly lost, passing the same room like 19 times, everytime with a respawn.

Result, no ammo, heaps of foes... and failed mission.

A full map would be nice indeed....

The  maps are to an extent randomly generated useing tilesets, There is a map fo ryou in the upper left hand corner with a yellow excalmation mark indicating the direction towards your goal(s) for that mission.

You cannot hurt allies, shooting them in the face with a shotgun doesn't do anything.

Open containers/chests and break objects (anything green) to find ammo replenishment.

Check the wiki for more information, ask for help in game, play with a team, the game is designed around co-op solo play is intentionally making the game harder for you.

Edited by katmonster

I am slightly confused as to your situation. If you were running solo, there are no friendlies, everything is any enemy and without friendly fire it wouldn't matter if you shot a friendly anyway.

As to getting lost though, the mini map in the upper right corner is your best friend. It has a way point that tells you two things:

1. Where to go for the objective by following the yellow diamond with a "!" symbol in it.

2. The level of the objective relative to you by the small white triangle within the yellow diamond.  It will point either up or down depending on whether or not the objective is above or below you.

Welcome,

Just follow the marker normaly you will be fine, but I agreee some maps are big and can be confusing to find your way, soloing can be harder I noticed ennemies RoF is crazy when you host

The only missions I sometimes get confused by the navigation is those Capture missions.

Sometimes the objective marker from what the player needed to kill and the marker from the exit both show up if you captured the target. If you were in a big room with lotsa enemies and lotsa dodging/getting knocked down, you can easliy get confused and follow the wrong marker.

This is twice as bad if you have those squadmates with incredible weapons who clear rooms in seconds and just continue without waiting for you. This will make you think that the marker you think is the good one is already cleared out by of your squadmates, while it was just the way you just went through.

Luckily, I know the levels very well and I can always keep up with my allies.

Ok, some indept explanation about me:

I am autistic, with ADHD.

I cet confused with a lot of movement around me, making me nervous and feeling very uneased.

So, I run private maps, but these confuse me because I have no full map, and having a respawn in level one makes things a lot worse.

I am slow, which is another reason why I prefer single gaming: when rushing I get crazy.

Things need to be calm for me.

Seems I have only one option... to stop playing this game...

Sadly: I do like the concept and such...

OP - I can relate to some of your issues

One of the IMO key problems with the minimap and the waypoint marker is often that its hard to tell exactly where its pointing...

Say, the waypoint is for a spot near you but on a different floor - since the minimap doesn't show map parts on floors above or below you, it can be easy to miss that you have to find a stairway to move up or down on to move on.

If there was a feature akin to the Claravoyance spell in skyrim (Basically a visual path marker showing you where to go...) then that would be very handy. Perhaps sell such an ability as a consumable for Plat, making so that it only works on one level and then its used up. This way the devs can capitalize on newbs and the newbs can get some much needed help.

I have seen maps where it was hard to tell where to go next. There was one recently where you had to use an elevator, but the elevator was never marked by the waypoint.

Maybe it isn't the best game for you, but you might try finding exterminate missions. From what I've seen, you won't have to worry about a bunch of respawns in these.

This is why the mission objective marker system needs an upgrade. Sure, once you know the maps and how they connect it gets a lot easier, but for new players it can be incredibly frustrating to not understand that the quest marker is pointing to a ledge above you and not the closet you keep walking into. I was similarly frustrated my first few maps.