The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Nyx

PresenseOfTheMaster

Oh please.  Chaos lasts 20 seconds at max level.  With duration enhancement it lasts 25 seconds.  This isn't infinite like it was before, but that's far from nerfed.  It's fixed.  It also prevents you from recasting Chaos early if there are any enemies affected by your first one still in range, so now it takes skill to use instead of just spamming the button whenever a new group of enemies approached.  This is not a nerf either, this is balance.  She's still perfectly viable, and I've made it past wave 20 on a defense mission with her on my team this evening with ease still.

Nyx actually got buffed!  Absorb now has a base damage that ain't too shabby, capable of killing mid ranged enemies outright like most ultimates without taking a single hit.

25 seconds ? my god, whole 25 seconds of distraction ? enough time for the banshee/volt to ult and kill everything in the map i guess.

But at least she still has some amazing abilities left, such as

Edited by nerfpls69

Oh please.  Chaos lasts 20 seconds at max level.  With duration enhancement it lasts 25 seconds.  This isn't infinite like it was before, but that's far from nerfed.  It's fixed.  It also prevents you from recasting Chaos early if there are any enemies affected by your first one still in range, so now it takes skill to use instead of just spamming the button whenever a new group of enemies approached.  This is not a nerf either, this is balance.  She's still perfectly viable, and I've made it past wave 20 on a defense mission with her on my team this evening with ease still.

Nyx actually got buffed!  Absorb now has a base damage that ain't too shabby, capable of killing mid ranged enemies outright like most ultimates without taking a single hit.

Not really but hey, at least I can start playing Mag, Volt, Ash and the others again that have their ulti do what?...Oh yes right, killing almost everything they can see.

Guess we have to wait for another NERF THAT-Thread for them...

25 seconds ? my god, whole 25 seconds of distraction ? enough time for the banshee/volt to ult and kill everything in the map i guess.

Lol exactly, no reason to play my favorite frame anymore. You can't even cast chaos more than once anymore.

Come onn guys whats with all the whining about Nyx being useless? Hell, its still good with chaos able to last 20 seconds... it is as if u guys are saying that they make the skill not work at all leaving it useless. Sure, Nyx isnt as powerful as last time but it is still a decent warframe. However, i really want to rant on other abilities... especially on the 1st skill

Well I was one BP away from Nyx and was really looking forward to giving her a spin however I am not so sure.  My concern isn't so much about the nerf Chaos it is that without an unnerfed Chaos, the rest of her abilities seem to be underwhelming, at least on paper.

Then again alot of frames suffer that same issue.

On the other hand, if I get her now, I will have never had the opportunity to use the OPed version.  It has always been my experience that if you never had something, you don't mind it isn't there.

It also prevents you from recasting Chaos early if there are any enemies affected by your first one still in range, so now it takes skill to use instead of just spamming the button whenever a new group of enemies approached. 

Whoa! I haven't tested it, but if that's true then that's a pretty big problem. The move to an energy bar from individual cooldowns of powers was made, and now Nyx's Chaos ability is back to being on an individual power cooldown of sorts.

There is absolutely no reason why Nyx shouldn't be allowed to re-cast Chaos as long as Nyx has the energy to do so! That's like preventing Volt or Banshee or Saryn from recasting their nukes immediately after nuking if the targets survived. 

If you play low lvl maps and never made it to wave 25+ in defense missions then you are right, for everything else you are so wrong...

Edited by bakaxy

If you play low lvl maps and never made it to wave 25+ in defense missions then you are right, for everything else you are so wrong...

Hell Ill say 15+ on any higher level defense missions and he is wrong.

If we can't cast Chaos more than once, and it only lasts 25 seconds, what on earth use is she if all my teammates are downed? Honestly I think Chaos was hit a little too hard with the nerf hammer, and while this is coming from someone who likes Nyx. I wouldn't put it past more than a minute even with the duration mod, because then it's kinda silly. But if it's true that it takes 100 energy (I heard this and was about to try nyx on the global alert, glad I didn't) then it got hit way too hard. If it costs 100 energy to do something that lasts 20 seconds that doesn't involve direct damage, then why use it at all except for helping teammates up? Nyx is supposed to be crowd control, and chaos was pretty much the best ability for that because at a certain point (higher-level enemies, I've found) Absorb is totally useless. Besides the fact that everyone around you kills your target group 90% of the time, anyways.

Can we nerf chaos a little less? I'm okay with it being done on a timer, and not being able to recast it instantly, but holy crap it seems like 20-ish seconds is too short.

If we can't cast Chaos more than once, and it only lasts 25 seconds, what on earth use is she if all my teammates are downed? Honestly I think Chaos was hit a little too hard with the nerf hammer, and while this is coming from someone who likes Nyx. I wouldn't put it past more than a minute even with the duration mod, because then it's kinda silly. But if it's true that it takes 100 energy (I heard this and was about to try nyx on the global alert, glad I didn't) then it got hit way too hard. If it costs 100 energy to do something that lasts 20 seconds that doesn't involve direct damage, then why use it at all except for helping teammates up? Nyx is supposed to be crowd control, and chaos was pretty much the best ability for that because at a certain point (higher-level enemies, I've found) Absorb is totally useless. Besides the fact that everyone around you kills your target group 90% of the time, anyways.

Can we nerf chaos a little less? I'm okay with it being done on a timer, and not being able to recast it instantly, but holy crap it seems like 20-ish seconds is too short.

I just don't think things with Chaos are as bad as everyone is making it out.

First you can't compare it to other frames Ults like Volt or Mag because it is not in the same class.  Second look at what it does which is take every MoB in range not only completely out of the fight for 20 seconds but also causes them to attack each other.

Here is a comparison for you.  Rhino Stomp which is at least in the same catagory as Chaos as a crowd control ability.  However it ONLY lasts for 9 seconds and does no direct damage.  OH MY GOD!!!! Rhino Stomp sucks, needs it's duration to be 60 seconds and do 1000 damage!!!!!

Rhino stomp has about a 1/3 duration CC without any damage as it Ult.  Hmmm.....Chaos doesn't sound half bad.

However the real reason that no one complains about Rhino Stomp is because all the other abilities of the Rhino are good and useful.

Rhino Charge - Line Charge for moderate damage and knock down against mutliple enemies, low energy requirment, can be used to jump long distances/clear gaps, can be used to pass laser barriers.  Basically always useful, every mission.

vs

Mind Control - 23 second domination of a single target, relys on there being a strong single target to do your bidding, cannot be spamed to affect multiple targets.  Basically very low utility only in very specific circumstances.

Iron Skin - 15 second invulnerability, only 50 energy, enough said.

vs.

Psychic bolt - Relatively low damage for 50 energy.  Not useful at all.

I could go on but I think your getting the picture.  Basically no one complains about the Rhino Ult because ALL the other skills are very useful, always.  Nyx doesn't have that going for her.

So Chaos isn't the issue (aside from the recast timer which needs to go away) rather it is her other skills that need adjusted.

I just don't think things with Chaos are as bad as everyone is making it out.

First you can't compare it to other frames Ults like Volt or Mag because it is not in the same class.  Second look at what it does which is take every MoB in range not only completely out of the fight for 20 seconds but also causes them to attack each other.

Here is a comparison for you.  Rhino Stomp which is at least in the same catagory as Chaos as a crowd control ability.  However it ONLY lasts for 9 seconds and does no direct damage.  OH MY GOD!!!! Rhino Stomp sucks, needs it's duration to be 60 seconds and do 1000 damage!!!!!

Rhino stomp has about a 1/3 duration CC without any damage as it Ult.  Hmmm.....Chaos doesn't sound half bad.

However the real reason that no one complains about Rhino Stomp is because all the other abilities of the Rhino are good and useful.

Rhino Charge - Line Charge for moderate damage and knock down against mutliple enemies, low energy requirment, can be used to jump long distances/clear gaps, can be used to pass laser barriers.  Basically always useful, every mission.

vs

Mind Control - 23 second domination of a single target, relys on there being a strong single target to do your bidding, cannot be spamed to affect multiple targets.  Basically very low utility only in very specific circumstances.

Iron Skin - 15 second invulnerability, only 50 energy, enough said.

vs.

Psychic bolt - Relatively low damage for 50 energy.  Not useful at all.

I could go on but I think your getting the picture.  Basically no one complains about the Rhino Ult because ALL the other skills are very useful, always.  Nyx doesn't have that going for her.

So Chaos isn't the issue (aside from the recast timer which needs to go away) rather it is her other skills that need adjusted.

Totally agreed.

Same thing with Excalibur and Loki by the way. All of their abilities are very useful, so no one (or almost no one) complains about Lokis ulti doing zero damage or Exs ulti not passing through walls.

Nyx really needs some reworking...

I think he's right they should nerf nyx but there is also some other warframe who need a nerf.

Ash's smoke screen should make ennemy invisible and ash should be lighted red for the grineer to see.

Banshee sound quake should do no damage and banshee shouldn't been invincible i think the blue light is good enough she don't need to be invincible or do damage.

Ember have 3 skills overpowered they should delete all of them and just let world on fire

Excalibur need a total revamp Slash dash should do damage to excalibur equal to the damage did to each ennemy

Frost snow globe is overpowered he should be slowed when he's in and take damage too, no more "impenetrable sphere of protection"

Loki invisibility should have no effect and the damage taken by the decoy should go directly to loki's health

Mag bullet atractor should only work on mag not on the ennemy

Rhino iron skin will ignore shield and let rhino take all the damage to his life

When saryn use Miasma she should die instantly and all ennemy should been healed for moult the same as loki.

When trinity use link she take all the damage do to the grineer

And when volt use his electric shield ennemy's bullets should have a damage buff and electric element

I think that way all the warframe will be less "overpowered".

So whenever you use a skill, it benefits the enemies right? Makes sense

Edit: I don't know how much you had to drink, but it was to much.

Edited by Feldgrep

So whenever you use a skill, it benefits the enemies right? Makes sense

Edit: I don't know how much you had to drink, but it was to much.

Im pretty sure he was being sarcastic and a smartass throughout the whole post. Look at it from that point of view

Nyx didn´t even get EXP, if she uses Chaos.

She isn´t usless, she has one skill left... Yeah...  Mind Control.

Just control one Guy and every Enemy in the room will attack him. He will die after 2 Seconds.

On the psychic bolts, while their homing needs a little work to deal with some circumstances, she does 625 damage (125 x 5 bolts) to a single target which pierces defenses.  That's better than all the other single target nukes in the game.

On the psychic bolts, while their homing needs a little work to deal with some circumstances, she does 625 damage (125 x 5 bolts) to a single target which pierces defenses.  That's better than all the other single target nukes in the game.

It also costs twice as much as any other single target nuke.  It has no secondary effects.  It divides its damage when hitting multiple enemies (most "single target nukes" are capable of hitting multiple enemies to a limited extent).

Edited by Effusion-

As the title says...Nyx is extremely overpowered. I believe at level 5 I was able to control Kiste completely. The power level of Chaos is ridiculous and is easily the best spell in the game.

It is amazing crowd control but goes too far by also forcing the Chaos'd enemies to fight but also pulls aggro by forcing non-chaos's enemies away from players and onto the green guys.

The ability is undercosted and over powered and basically corrupts any game a Nyx plays in. You literally do not have to shoot a gun and can still easily control the game.

Solutions:

I obviously dont develope games but I think a good start would be flipping the costs of absorb and Chaos. Its too cheap

Next, I would make it so the Chaos'd enemies do not attack and instead mill about as if they are confused and dazed.

I would also have the non-affected enemies not attack chaos and possibly shorten its reach.

As it stands casting Chaos and the rare Mind Control shuts down almost all the content in the game

Craft her first. Then speak.

If all your teammates are down - maybe it was a bit too difficult for the team?

It's not always it's too difficult for the team but there are also people who are stupid and charge out into mobs alone, or they just get slammed with something heavy and are surrounded before they realize it--I've found that sometimes there's enemies all around if I don't look carefully and that tends to cause problems too.

But I'm gonna stick to just upping the duration of Chaos or moving it to the fourth slot.

It's not always it's too difficult for the team but there are also people who are stupid and charge out into mobs alone, or they just get slammed with something heavy and are surrounded before they realize it--I've found that sometimes there's enemies all around if I don't look carefully and that tends to cause problems too.

But I'm gonna stick to just upping the duration of Chaos or moving it to the fourth slot.

One of things to learn is controlling battlefield. Really if 3 out of 4 people are down it can mean only 2 things someone f***ed up and its too hard for him or its too hard for everyone.

It also costs twice as much as any other single target nuke.  It has no secondary effects.  It divides its damage when hitting multiple enemies (most "single target nukes" are capable of hitting multiple enemies to a limited extent).

And it also deals triple dmg to light infested. Not like you gonna use mind control on them.