Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Chaos New Timer

Sikab

The duration change is fine. I always assumed that the effect ended when the graphical evidence of said effect vanished (around 20 seconds), and that mobs who damaged each other simply kept fighting because of some sort of agro/hate mechanic.

Hell, it gives me a reason to slot continuity on her.

The cast limit is not fine. This needs to be removed. One nerf is fine, double-nerfing the ability is not.

If they are going to leave it as it is now, they need to buff Absorb and Psychic Blades to compensate. Absorb needs an agro drawing mechanic and a knock-down or stun applied to the end, and Psychic Blades needs either a targeting change or a projectile speed and homing buff.

The duration change is fine. I always assumed that the effect ended when the graphical evidence of said effect vanished (around 20 seconds), and that mobs who damaged each other simply kept fighting because of some sort of agro/hate mechanic.

Hell, it gives me a reason to slot continuity on her.

The cast limit is not fine. This needs to be removed. One nerf is fine, double-nerfing the ability is not.

If they are going to leave it as it is now, they need to buff Absorb and Psychic Blades to compensate. Absorb needs an agro drawing mechanic and a knock-down or stun applied to the end, and Psychic Blades needs either a targeting change or a projectile speed and homing buff.

I always tought "Absorb" means Agro drawing mobs but when i first time saw the video i think its pretty useless because if you cast Absorb, and your friends are running puff all the mobs away. and you wasted your energy..  Nice troll >.>

Edited by Swarovsky

I wish they made mind control unlimited duration to make up for this, or maybe mind control that turns into unlimited frenzy at the end of the timer. It would give her back some of the old chaos functionality.

But off course, absorb and bolt still need a buff or a complete rework.

Nyx is definitely in need of a lot more work, but Chaos is getting much closer to simply being where it needs to be.

I don't think that boosting the time incredibly (30sec+-) AND making it endlessly stack is the right idea, but they are both good suggestions for theories.

My take on it is these two optional tracks this skill could go to find a comfortable spot:

1. Energy cost reduced to 50, Timer stays the same (or even slightly lower), and you can cast it as much as you want but it will not stack - if it is used on an enemy that has the effect already, it will only reset back to the beginning of the timer.

2. Energy cost kept at 75, Timer increased to ~25 seconds at max level (without continuity on), You can cast it as much as you want and it stacks ONCE.

What does this mean? The limit for Chaos timer is now ~50seconds, but you can keep refreshing it anywhere between 25-50s.

Example:

0s = Chaos used on 2 enemies, they each have 25s timer now.

7s = Two new enemies enter the area, they dont have Chaos on and the other two have 18s timer left.

7s = Chaos used again. Two new enemies have 25s timer, and two OLD enemies have 43s timer now.

8s Chaos used a third time. Two new enemies have 49s timer, but two OLD enemies only have 50s timer now (Not above that).

What this option for Chaos also means is that WITH CONTINUITY (timer = 32.5s), you can cast it twice in a row but it will still have a max of 50s.

Other ideas on how to retune Chaos?

Edited by Feam

After a bit more testing, the limit of 1 Chaos at a time is even worse than it first seemed, even with lower end stuff. Now that the timer works properly, you would think it's time to put high end Reach and Continuity mods on, right? Wrong. You reach into another room, nobody in party passes through to wipe out the last man standing from when Chaos was truly "active" there, and now you're stuck unable to use it for the crowd that just came in after narrowly missing the effect. One hides in a corner? Can't find him, either due to lack of Enemy Radar in the group or one of those spots where a Charger gets stuck under a rock? Well forget reuse. On Corpus ships, just count on not being able to use it for like forever. Turrets and cameras get the effect, but then once the cameras are dead the turrets can't pop up to be killed, and so you're left waiting out the duration. Direct punishment for attempting to buff your duration with fusing Chaos up some and equipping Continuity. Awesome. Great job guys.

Seriously, just put it back to having duration and energy use the limitation, like everything else uses.

I swaer I saw Chaos wearing off before the patch went live. I saw it on Thursday a few time, and possibly sooner. Earlier in the week, and last week, it was infinite duration for sure though.

Anyone else see it wearing off before the patch?

PS: My two cents? Nyx is my only non-starter Warframe and my most played one by far. I bought her because her abilities sounded fun not because I know one was overpowered. I fully agree it needed a rather serious nerf, because after a few solo runs I realized how absurdly strong it was. FAR better than Abrob. Even with a duration it's still very strong, and is a way to basicly garuntee a revive.

Edited by SgtCapricorn

I tottaly agree with .. I got Nyx and potato'ed it knowing that Choas will be nerfed sooner or later ..But I didn't except that the nerf would be that HEAVY .. . 20 secs seems too short in higher waves/missions .. Changing it to 30 -35 secs for lvl 3 would be just Perfect ..

I tottaly agree with .. I got Nyx and potato'ed it knowing that Choas will be nerfed sooner or later ..But I didn't except that the nerf would be that HEAVY .. . 20 secs seems too short in higher waves/missions .. Changing it to 30 -35 secs for lvl 3 would be just Perfect ..

I mostly agree... as long as you can multicast it.  Energy itself is already a limiting factor.  I just see that the niche for Nyx in high-level missions has been damaged badly because of the current state of the skill.  I am very hopeful it will be addressed and improved somewhat in the near future.  Luckily I mostly am still leveling the other frames at the moment, but my go-to frame I enjoyed playing the most is now sub-par.

Changes were needed.  The changes were too much.

As a person, and apparently the only person, who DOESN'T want to get to wave lol-hundred in endless defense (both because loot doesn't get better and because it's utterly boring), I think it's fine.  On any normal mission, the duration is plenty sufficient for what it's meant to do:  Keep everything busy so you can shoot them without them (necessarily) shooting back.  If you can't clear a room out in 20 seconds, you have done it wrong anyway =P

The only problem with that... Is that even a Banshee/Mag/Random Warframe can hit "4" button to instantly gib everything in a room.

While True Chaos costs 25less Energy then a "4" one... But you need to shoot them yourself, wasting your precious ammo.

And don't believe in "everything just kills themselves" myth... Nyx as now is just a Bad pick. Probably on par with Ember... and She is in a very bad state.

Come on guys. Were you able to reach such a high levels of defense mission comfortably without Nyx? If not, he absolutely needed a nerf.  You all keep saying that you cant do what you were used to do. But thats the definition of nerf.

As i said a few posts back. We did reach them much easier without the New Nyx. It's achievable, not just with Nyx.

Actually there was a brag thread about that exact thing. some clan had reached 115+ without a Nyx in team, people who can't adapt are just lazy or unimaginative.

It's not about we don't want to adapt... It's about removing completely a frame from End Game Viability.
Edited by Sikab

time limit is one thing that can be retuned with the power duration mod...

but no more multi-casting?

noticed that this pushes her usefullness for defense missions down a lot.

dont like it at all..

Aye.  Multi-cast removal is the primary downfall of the nerf

13 hours to Claim my Nyx .... and i feel like regret....now idk if claim her. because only have 1 warframe slot and 1 potato to use. Opinions plz?

I would suggest waiting to see if they address the current state of chaos, although in other ways I still consider Nyx my favorite frame for her looks, agility, and skills (even tho they are painfully damaged)