Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R5 Fusion Core Packs Via Syndicates

Phaedroth

I know I've heard it mentioned somewhere before, but I thought of a few balancing points that would make it more plausible to be added in as a feature.

1. Limit purchases per day, per Syndicate

2. Purchased Cores are Untradeable

3. If a mod's fusion points are more than 50% from these untradeable cores, the mod itself is also untradeable. (maybe add in a trade unlock item?) There could be a gauge when the mod is selected to show its percentages of normal fusion points and 'locked' fusion points.

To differentiate the untradeable cores from the normal cores, perhaps the cores bought via syndicate are named and styled to display this more clearly, IE: a Red Veil fusion core is black and red patterned, Cephalon Suda cores are blue with a sigil emblazoned on the core itself.

Other Additions:

*Warning message when attempting to use syndicate cores

*Syndicate fusion points increase trade tax on mod

*Players receive message when trading mods with over 40% syndicate fusion value

Addendum 1, 1/26/15
I expected a number of responses along the lines of "We already get enough from T4 keys every day", and that's all well and good. The ability to run T4 keys efficiently would of course lead to having a higher number of R5 cores at your disposal. 
However not every function is meant to impact every single tier of gameplay equally. The new tutorial wasn't added to teach veteran players how the game worked, but many enjoyed it all the same. The ability to purchase cores via syndicate would make higher levels of mods more accessible to more players, not just the tiers that can farm them effectively. 

Edited by Phaedroth

Anyways on topic, I think restriction 3 is a little unnecessary. If cores get put in, they should just behave like regular ones but be untradeable. 

hell, why not trade them? why have a limit on buys per day, there is already a limit on rep gain per day.

I say add R10 cores. syn. only.

Introducing the ability to buy fusion cores via syndicates and have them be tradeable would impact the market significantly (people selling R5 cores, the trade of max ranked mods, etc) without some kind of restriction, it would potentially have a negative effect on the market.

Care to give an actual response?

Anyways on topic, I think restriction 3 is a little unnecessary. If cores get put in, they should just behave like regular ones but be untradeable. 

that's my actual response. Adding a needlessly complicated system just to handle a pack of fusion cores is really too much for DE to bother.

Introducing the ability to buy fusion cores via syndicates and have them be tradeable would impact the market significantly (people selling R5 cores, the trade of max ranked mods, etc) without some kind of restriction, it would potentially have a negative effect on the market.

Given how many cores are needed to max R10 mods, I really don't think that would be an issue if they were appropriately priced.

that's my actual response. Adding a needlessly complicated system just to handle a pack of fusion cores is really too much for DE to bother.

...are you a troll?

Dropping crimson dervish, tranquil cleave, bite, ect had a major impact on the markets as well. I don't think de cares about the trade market too much. It is the old marketing ploy of sell 1 for 3plat or 3 for 1plat makes the same but sell 2 for 2plat makes more. More trades being done in the market even for lesser values is still going to mean selling more plat packs. I do agree with the second post though that your plan is too complicated. Too many hoops for both de and the community to jump through.

Given how many cores are needed to max R10 mods, I really don't think that would be an issue if they were appropriately priced.

...are you a troll?

why do you think I'm a troll?

"1. Limit purchases per day, per Syndicate"

That requires extra coding and extra UI work.

"2. Purchased Cores are Untradeable"

Extra coding.

"3. If a mod's fusion points are more than 50% from these untradeable cores, the mod itself is also untradeable. (maybe add in a trade unlock item?) There could be a gauge when the mod is selected to show its percentages of normal fusion points and 'locked' fusion points."

Extra extra UI work, extra coding

And it goes on.

I'm all for R5 cores as syndicate rewards, but the way it is presented in this thread is in fact too much work for DE to bother, I'm being completely honest here.

Because first off, that amount of work wouldn't even be a big deal. It's spread out over several different groups of devs, and none of it is major.

Second off, if the idea is good then the work it worth it. That's kind of the whole point of work.

Finally, dismissing an idea for that reason is frankly rude. It shows a lack of thought.

Because first off, that amount of work wouldn't even be a big deal. It's spread out over several different groups of devs, and none of it is major.

Second off, if the idea is good then the work it worth it. That's kind of the whole point of work.

Finally, dismissing an idea for that reason is frankly rude. It shows a lack of thought.

That amount of work doesn't seem to be much at first glance, but you have to consider that DE is working on whatever they're working, be it Focus, raids, new bosses, weapons, extra grind, whatever. This change does require people from different teams to perform changes to the game, and no matter how minor they are, they would still be big enough that they would rather not bother. You have to remember anything from the feedback category is inherently outside of DE's scheduling and planning, and, as such, is hard to actually find time to implement.

If the change was merely 'add R5 cores into the syndicates' then I bet it could be done in one afternoon, since the framework of the thing is already there. But the extra complexity the OP suggested make it much more complicated than that. If DE considers it a great idea worth the time to put it in, sure, they can do it, but, as a personal opinion, I really doubt they would, even if I would really like for R5 cores to be available as syndicate rewards.

Note that I am not dismissing the idea myself, I'm just pointing out that DE would dismiss it. If you think I'm being rude, then I just advise you to get a thicker skin, because you're feeling offended in place of the OP who has said nothing about my replies.

"1. Limit purchases per day, per Syndicate"

That requires extra coding and extra UI work.

"2. Purchased Cores are Untradeable"

Extra coding.

"3. If a mod's fusion points are more than 50% from these untradeable cores, the mod itself is also untradeable. (maybe add in a trade unlock item?) There could be a gauge when the mod is selected to show its percentages of normal fusion points and 'locked' fusion points."

Extra extra UI work, extra coding

And it goes on.

I'm all for R5 cores as syndicate rewards, but the way it is presented in this thread is in fact too much work for DE to bother, I'm being completely honest here.

Everything is extra coding, overhauls, fixes, the game itself is coding. In the realm of that being a no-no, why add any new feature ever.

@Halser, again

Personally I appreciate the thought. This suggestion is in no way a "MAKE IT THIS WAY NOW", and even if DE does think anything of it, I don't expect anything I listed to be implemented exactly that way. 

I'm no expert on their system and assets, and in no way is my idea the perfect fit. My suggestion is an just an idea, and I'm not even expecting to see anything like it implemented in the near future if ever.

That said, I respect your opinion but what I would like to see is constructive feedback. 

Not something as simple as: "No, not worth their time", which is an opinion as you are not them.

Edited by Phaedroth

Just add 5 R5 fusion cores to the void key pack and name it "Syndicate Pack of Awesome Goodies".

At least then they'd be somewhat worth spending 25k rating on them, even if still not rational and I'd still feel guilty for ignoring common sense by buying them for that much. Srsly these decisions, why DE, my god...

I would like to be able to buy cores through syndicates, but the added limitations seem a bit too much. Lets be honest, if DE decides to add core packs to the syndicates they will cost 20-30k anyway so I think that would be limitation enough.

R5 is already too many, we don't want R5 any more, we get over 50-100 pre day in T4S. 

If you were in Arbiters and bought a few houndred key packs yes, I know that most players gravitate towards the most OP stuff in warframe however some players were foolish I guess to believe DE when they said they would get the syndicates with sub par rewards better stuff.

So someone who chose another syndicate will not be able to get the amount of cores you do, how many T4C keys do you need to burn through to get 50-100 cores? An absurd amount.