Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Missions

alocrius

Why is this a bad idea again?  I missed the conversation and searching forums for pvp isn't giving me results.. Your thoughts or just explain to me how to use search properly.  I'm as worried about the end-game as the rest of you and this seems like an extremely simple solution.

The devs said many other online (free to play) shooter games offer a PvP experience, they want to offer something different and unique, a good PvE experience. Hence they are focusing on the PvE aspects for now.

Pro-PVP:

Humans less predictable as AI due to irrationality.

Adds in new challenge.

Increase player fanbase by including players who only like PVP.

Anti-PVP:

Balance will be an issue since the game and the warframes were originally designed and balanced for PVE.

Some warframes will be stronger or weaker than others.

The game will become "Pay to Win" since players can purchase Plat items to allow access to stronger weapons faster.

Possible trolling and unhealthy competition.

NOTE: The word "PVP" used in this post is only regarding standard normal PVP model of Warframe vs Warframe.

It does not include "Player Stalker", "Competitive PVE" and other suggestions to PVP.

Please stop using the "Developers do not want to focus on PVP now" for answering why PVP should not be included because this is different from "Developers do not ever want to focus on PVP" and you are making the assumption of any pro-PVPers saying "I want PVP now!"

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I've thought about PVP in warframe and don't believe it to be too much of a wonderful idea.
The biggest issue is that the frames are horribly imbalanced. The weapons aren't much better.

A character like Loki could probably stealth behind and stun-lock with melee and beat anyhting short of a Iron Skin Rhino. Even then, said Loki ca potentially out-gun the Rhino via Speed Trigger/Serration Latron or, if the maps were bigger, a Snipetron.
There's too much potential for absolute rolls of whoever had the more spammy gun, or whoever shot first.

And then throw in powers and Frost's shield is ungodly and Mag's pull and a two-handed melee weapon can do a quick 400+ damage.

While PvP could be a (distinct) possibility in the future, having any focus on it when the game is designed to be PvE AND the PvE is far from done is not the best move for the game to be better, at least in my opinion.

PvP will not be added anytime soon, and currently, the furthest DE will go with that endeavour are Borderlands-style duels.

Since we have and had thousands of these threads, with every wave of new players, I will lock this thread. You can read the FAQ, point #1, for more info.

The official stance is: No PvP. :)