Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Label Ally Npcs Please

Dudes, we need to talk about this.  It's annoying and obnoxious an the more ally NPCs we get, the more it's gonna suck.

Guys, please please please add screen name labels to ally NPCs.  When an ally throws out a specter that they bought, like a MOA, it just says "Shockwave MOA." Instead it should say "IkariWarrior83's Shockwave MOA."  That simple change will have players wasting less time trying to kill invincible ally units.

Please do the same for Shadows of the Dead, and/or put "shadow" at the end, so that it says "IkariWarrior83's Healing Ancient Shadow" or simply "IkariWarrior83's Shadow" and remove the enemy name altogether.  I've done plenty of Dark Sector Survivals where my allies are shooting at my shadows because they've never played with a Nekros before, or the game glitches and the "shadow" texture isn't applied.

I would suggest doing the same for invasions, too.  Put "Allied Heavy Gunner" or "Allied Crewman." That kind of change is less necessary, but no less helpful.  We kill so many Corpus and Grineer, it's sometimes easy to forget which side we're on, and shooting at the wrong targets.  We quickly figure it out when they take no damage, but it saves time having them labled from jump.

This one time I did all sorts of combos and air attacks on someone's Osprey Spectre, because I mistook it for a Corrupted Drone.

But then again, I once thought a Nova Spectre was an actual player, and was about to ask her "Y U NO MPRIME", until I got close to her and realised. Fun times though.

Edited by kingbaldwin

Y'know how you can turn on an option to mark your own Kubrow? Why not have that for summoned allies but for everyone? That way you'll know it's an ally when there's a floating Lotus symbol above their heads? Perhaps even have it built into the mini-map too?

I think they currently show up as a blue dot on the mini-map. Still, kind of hard to notice when you're being shot at from every direction...