The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smoke Pack Worth It Or Needs To Go ? ( Or Change)

ZWarhammer

We all know that until the latest patch there was no actual color black, players had to improvise using dark red, dark blue shades which don't work on all Warframes.

Now they introduced a new color pack called "Smoke Pack' which includes the long awaited color black but at what cost ?

I personally thought from the very beginning that this game was missing the black dye and had no idea why it was't in game, it's really unlikely that someone could possible forget one of the most used colors in most games and a rather common color to begin with.

Instead of debating if this was a sneaky marketing move from the beginning and endlessly complaining about it lets take a look at how it stands as it is.

Most players who actually spend money on this game most likely have bought at least one color pack most common being either the fire pack for the dark red or the storm pack for the dark blue and now they have a choice to buy a color pack that includes actual black but the main question is.. is it really worth the price ?

We are talking about a 5 dollar ( or your regional equivalent ) price tag for a color pack that only has one color that people actually want, but of course they could't put 5$ on a single color so they added extra shades of grey to excuse the cost of the pack.

Now as much as i'd like them to remove this new pack completely and add the black color to the respective owners of existing packs that should have had it to begin with, i know that this most likely won't happen so i'm here to offer a solution.

I think they should lower the price of the smoke pack to around 20 platinum or so and give the players who already bought the pack the rest of the platinum.

I understand the color packs are fully cosmetic but that does't mean that you should't have reasonable prices on your cosmetic items, think of any other game that charges 5 dollars for 1 color and you will understand how silly this is.

Right now as it stands i really don't think the "Smoke Pack" is worth the purchase.

Please understand that the sole purpose of this topic is to improve the gameplay experience and enjoyment for people who love it while still keeping the developers making profit in a reasonable way.

I'm open to all suggestions within reason that could improve the implementation of the subject. 

Thank you for taking your time to read through this matter.

Edited by ZWarhammer

Your reply would make most sense if you only read the title of this topic. Best sales come from best prices and is best way to make most money in the long run as it stands the main point is made it's not a very good value for most people. Sure there will always be people willing to pay ridicules prices but in order for a free to game to do well in the long run you need average people to spend money on it otherwise it won't last long. As far as i'm concerned a average guy won't consider this deal to be worth it and will most like just go buy fast food or waste that 5$ that he could of spent on this game elsewere

Edited by ZWarhammer

I got it, but I'm not sure it was worth 75 plat so I could really just have 2 more colors (true white and black). I doubt the colors in between will get used much, since several shades of gray can be found in other palettes.

Hey, DE's monetization schemes may be a little iffy, but it's not an 80$ monocle, right? People buy this stuff 'cause they want to, and clearly it's profitable. The ones who don't want to pay that much have zero arguments because it's entirely cosmetic.

Have to admit, some of the colours barely have any difference in them but I still like the pack (pitch black and bright white and some of the in-between colours). I hope they do edit it some more, not sure what they can do, but I wouldn't be against it.

@Nedwin Try it out ? i'm not sure you understand but we are talking about a color pack here it's nothing that you need to own to have a opinion on, and it's not a mix of crazy colors it's just ....... black, and lots of useless grey.

@Nedwin Try it out ? i'm not sure you understand but we are talking about a color pack here it's nothing that you need to own to have a opinion on, and it's not a mix of crazy colors it's just ....... black, and lots of useless grey.

No one makes you to buy it... Just another platinum thing, like another 4 palletes.

BTW... fire palette is a mix of red colours and ice is a mix of blue colors, if you didnt notice that.

@Nedwin If you actually pay attention you will see the difference of value for money for each pack Fire pack for example contains red,yellow,brown,white,grey,orange as oppose to the Smoke pack only containing black and shades of grey do the math it's not that hard.

You guys are ridiculous. He's talking about marketing prices for the game, and most of you are telling him not to buy the pack if he doesn't want it.

Sheesh.

THIS.

Also: I feel the Smoke Pack should focus on highly desaturated colors. Pure white-to-black ...for only two rows. Then split the rest up into two rows of slightly tinted grey, from just a bit above black to just a bit below white, picking different shades to mix for each two-row "section". So the three or four rows of colored greyish in the Classic packs would be reproduced here, but with a wider range of shades (which I would appreciate, if no one else). This would make it worth the 75p.

I would actually use all of the colors that way.

He is talking about prices? Why, if he wouldnt even buy it?

He is trying to tell us: "Cmon guys you are so stupid and blind, DE wants to make money on you"

So what's next? Lower the price? Make it cost 50 plat? Ok, you lowered the price, now everyone in the game is black...

Write at least 1suggestion about this, not just "Change this"

Also. Take a look at saturated...it's just the same classic but lower contrast...

Edited by Nedwin

Making the Smoke pack cost less platinum won't make the developers less money, you will be purchasing platinum for either 5$ or 10$ anyways, but the difference is that you will be using that platinum in a more reasonable way, which as far as i'm concerned is a fair trade.

The suggestion i provided made the most sense to me but like i said : i'm open to all suggestions: so if you think there is a different way to do this then by all means let us know :)

I would buy Color themes but not for 75 Plat. That's too much just for looking different. 25 would be more reasonable.

You might be on to something here. Like if they offered mini-packs. For example, pick and choose, from any pack, 5 colors for 25 plat.

I know that seems like a bit much for 5 colors. But think, that's 5 cherry picked by you colors. Heck I payed full price for all the packs and only ever use 5 different colors ever!

You might be on to something here. Like if they offered mini-packs. For example, pick and choose, from any pack, 5 colors for 25 plat.

I know what I'll pick.

Pink, dark pink, light pink, pinkish pink and pink pink.

Nah too late I bought the classic saturated pack DX

I am ashamed to say I bought it. ONLY FOR THE BLACK of course. I got a bunch of other worthless shades of grey. It might be worth it if you changed the name to "Ebony and Ivory" and included the BRIGHTEST WHITE and the DARKEST BLACK.  Its currently a waste of space considering I (and everyone else most likely) am only using the color in the bottom left of the palette. Or if' you're really set on the smoke idea, you could add an animated smoke effect on the areas that have smoke color, this would include an incredibly badass black smoke effect on the dark black on this palette.

Bought it, no regrets. Was worth it for me. Wait for a color pack sale or event-related color-picker with black in it if you don't want to pay full price for it.

If you want it, buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Pretty much. If you want real black and feel that 5 bucks for it is worth it, then it's worth it. As for "needing to go", that's a big no-no.

If you want you want, if you don't want you dnn't want. But remove a food option from a full table just because you don't like it is egotistical to put it lightly.