Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP?

Sendrik

Hello there!

I've been playing Warframe for 2 days and having a lot of fun. Mainly for the game itself so far (gameplay/plot/system/renders). But I'm also anticipating and hoping that the devs create a PvP platform on Warframe.

I believe it could be done and surely it would need balancing but imho this game has a great PvP portential.

Has anyone heard anything regarding this topic?

And do they seem open to suggestions such as this?

Also, would the community be interested in this platform? If not no advantages on creating such channel.

there has been many suggestion for PvP. And (includign me) there were more players against the idea.

Look at it like this.

If they would introduce PvP we would only get mediocore gameplay from both PvE and PvP... not to mention they would need extra sources for the PvP manpower.

This game was and is a PvE game. Hope they never introduce PvP. There are just titles which isn't made for PvP... this is a perfect example.

Elitist can go and look around 1000000000000000000000000000 games to find PvP

How many pure PvE game can you name?

there has been many suggestion for PvP. And (includign me) there were more players against the idea.

Look at it like this.

If they would introduce PvP we would only get mediocore gameplay from both PvE and PvP... not to mention they would need extra sources for the PvP manpower.

This game was and is a PvE game. Hope they never introduce PvP. There are just titles which isn't made for PvP... this is a perfect example.

Elitist can go and look around 1000000000000000000000000000 games to find PvP

How many pure PvE game can you name?

No idea, mostly because I dislike PvE genres. Not saying they must do it but I'd like to play PvP on this. Something like a 10-men arena would bee great imo. And I don't see the motive why this would break the current game.

I do agree it would require a lot of development.

No idea, mostly because I dislike PvE genres. Not saying they must do it but I'd like to play PvP on this. Something like a 10-men arena would bee great imo. And I don't see the motive why this would break the current game.

I do agree it would require a lot of development.

First Devs should decide if PvE or PvP would be their main balance focus... Cause in PvP a Volt 4th ability would just insta-wipe the whole arena.

Secondly, they would have to reconstruct the Energy system to use skill, cause obviously in PvP there wouldnt be any Mobs to get Orbs From.

The list could go on and on and on... Waay too much work just so some little % of the playerbase could pewpew at eachother occasionally.

I repeat. It was always advertised as a PvE game.

First Devs should decide if PvE or PvP would be their main balance focus... Cause in PvP a Volt 4th ability would just insta-wipe the whole arena.

Secondly, they would have to reconstruct the Energy system to use skill, cause obviously in PvP there wouldnt be any Mobs to get Orbs From.

The list could go on and on and on... Waay too much work just so some little % of the playerbase could pewpew at eachother occasionally.

I repeat. It was always advertised as a PvE game.

Not going against you on the "would need heavy development", but I still don't see the game breaking once PvP was deployed.

It gives new content for players (like me) that rather spend time playing against players instead of AI. Hence keeping the playerbase. You don't see many people playing tetris after 30min of playthough like we see on PvP oriented games ( I know the example was silly but just adding to the 'more content would keep a bigger playerbase argument').

Yeap, heavy development includes balancing schemes to enable a PvP scenario. That's within calculations.

I do agree that the Energy/Skill system would go to shambles on a PvP installment, but that would also need development.

What I disagree is that we wouldn't "pewpew at each other ocasioanlly". I'd be a heavy PvP player, if available, using co-op only to farm for PvP equipment.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying they're throwing a gold mine away for not implementing PvP content on Warframe. I'm just wondering if they'd be interested in doing so, since it's something that I appreciate on games.

if devs didnt thought about PvP earlier, then it won't happen (like in diablo III), it would be hard to sustain balance in gameplay. My guess is that majority in community would find the idea of fighting against each others to be cool. Who knows... game got potential.

I still think that a version of a suggested ALIEN MODE would be one of the best and wisest ways to implement PvP into WF without having to rework the balance in any ways. There are so many things to add to an "alien mode" itself, I can go on and on, but it's not the right time now. For the future though it would be awesome. Dueling like in Borderlands could still exist as one of the options, but such PvP is present in lot's of games, wouldn't be anything special.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/3021-some-suggestions-for-future/

PvP only possible in Left for Dead Style

I don't see that working, and it still includes the balance issues. It's best this stay PvE. If anything, I'd prefer to see more cinematic missions and a greater amount of characterization of the universe (since we've just been doing silent assaults on starships up until this point).

Dear developers, the only thing you have to do is to implement a friendly fire option. One of the most funny thing I experienced in co-op video games is the friendly fire, when you hit your friend by mistake, then he hits you in return and then it start to become a duel to death. Just made it an option.

Edited by x1lef

As a feedback to the Devs, being one of the guys who created a new thread on this topic, I was just talking to a few friends that started playing Warframe with me and they were soundly disapointed. This shouldn't be a threat. I'm not saying you're losing customers here. This shows that some of us do like PvP platforms. Now, why would we want to play PvP on Warframe if it was stated before that it will be a PvE oriented game from its start?

Simply enough, because its basis rock. I mean, Crysis 3 is implementing PvP with powers, with their due balances. We here have some phenomenal/overpowered skills to use on PvP as well that could use simple balances to work. I may be hitting the same keys here but it is a clear fact that a % of this game community wants PvP. Will we get? No idea. We're here to express our interest to have it, if possible.

Will we stop playing the game because of this "resistance"? Certainly not immediately. The game is really fun and I'm enjoying it a lot, even being a PvP addict. Still, as stated before, the sheer presence of the possibility to freaking shoot a player's head instead of AI would give the people who want to do so (note that nobody is obligated to play PvP) the possibility to play like that.

We're not here to impose this dilema, clearly. We're here to suggest. And to show why it would be interesting from a Dev point of view ($/challenge) and from a player point of view (fun/chalenge). After all, forums serve this purpose, so we can voice our opinion, if constructive to the community and to the Devs.

I'm not trying to get an ADM answer at the end of this discussion if PvP will or will not be implemented. I'd just like to know if by having the feedback from the community would they start to *consider* the possibility.

Why so many people obsess with shooting other people? I'm actually surprise to see this topic return to frontpage again with Sendrik and his particular hard-to-read 'i want to shoot other people, i don't care about suggestion' comments.

PvP games don't have to involve players shooting players. There're hundred of games with this idea. Just because it's COD with space ninja skin with a bit of GunZ movement doesn't mean it has 'basic gameplay' for PvP. Taking out powers? That's simply not going to happen since it's part of the game. As I had posted before, it'll be no difference than COD with space ninja skin. Not really good selling point in today's game standard. Lots of ability will be nerf to the ground. Constant supervision, anti-cheating, and other features must be added which, of course, cost DE a lot of budget to make and maintain.

I'm not against PvP idea. In the future we may see it but right now, it would hurt overall progress of development (the game is still generally buggy, most of the game interface/stat aren't there yet). At least I expect a polished PvE contents from DE, not a two mediocre games that will eventually be dead)

Volume's friendly fire mode and Raiker territory war are good options for PvP. One does not need constant to be supervised or balance by DE and the other is simply easy to implement.

Why so many people obsess with shooting other people?

Because some of us have more fun competing against people instead of AIs. No need to discuss further, but they're entirely different.

PvP games don't have to involve players shooting players. There're hundred of games with this idea. Just because it's COD with space ninja skin with a bit of GunZ movement doesn't mean it has 'basic gameplay' for PvP. Taking out powers? That's simply not going to happen since it's part of the game. As I had posted before, it'll be no difference than COD with space ninja skin. Not really good selling point in today's game standard. Lots of ability will be nerf to the ground. Constant supervision, anti-cheating, and other features must be added which, of course, cost DE a lot of budget to make and maintain.

Again with the "go play *something else*"? No offense meant, but we will play what we see fit (from the available games). I don't see why the idea of a PvP content suggestion offended you people... No harm meant, seriously.

I do agree that PvP requires maintenance. At least a bit. On Volume's idea less than what you'd imagine, but still. Servers, Anti-cheat engines, development, they all require manpower/$ to be done, but consider that if implemented correctly they are an investment. I'm pretty sure that a succesful PvP system would add to advertisement of Warfare.

Edited by Toramaru

@Toramaru

Read the entire post next time.

I did. Commented on the senseless mishaps you had only. For the rest you stated your opinion. Not against that at all.

Besides, if you're posting just to tell me to read everything without adding to the thread you shouldn't post at all.

Aside from that, I believe we should not comment on the general balance and ruling whatsoever. What I want most here is to show the Devs that there are people interested in a PvP platform based on the Warframe engine. If they do consider it, there could be another thread for the PvP mechanics.

I did. Commented on the senseless mishaps you had only. For the rest you stated your opinion. Not against that at all.

Besides, if you're posting just to tell me to read everything without adding to the thread you shouldn't post at all.

Aside from that, I believe we should not comment on the general balance and ruling whatsoever. What I want most here is to show the Devs that there are people interested in a PvP platform based on the Warframe engine. If they do consider it, there could be another thread for the PvP mechanics.

I tend to refute people too but then they just speak opinions which i really can't refute lmao.