The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Frequent Fps Drops Since 15.12.3

DeusInsania

EDIT 1: Unchecking Launcher GPU Acceleration and re-optimizing/verifying cache seems to have fixed it for now. Further testing is required. V-Sync is still off.

EDIT 2: Previously mentioned method has failed. FPS drops are still happening.

EDIT 3: Managed to fix the issue. "The only thing I changed was switching to 64bit client, and only having multi threaded checked in the launcher, and I now have to play on windowed (although I don't get the FPS issue in full screen or in bordered however my screen freezes in bordered if i alt tab and full screen doesn't minimize anymore if i alt tab [it just shows my mouse cursor instead of the in-game cursor])."

Title says it all. Ever since 15.12.3 dropped, my FPS has been tanking.

15.12 was great! I ran as good as I had ever thanks to the network coding change they did until this last hotfix.

It happens to me in any game, void or not. I'll be fine for a little bit, but as the mission goes on and on, my FPS will drop (every 4-5 seconds) from 60 to 40fps to back to 60(this is with v-sync on) and with it off drops from around 110 to 70 ish and then back to 110; Enough for me to not only see it but also freeze the screen for just a second (i'll miss timings with jump dashing or trying to catch ledges). My FPS just drops then goes back up then drops again then back up. Always to the same numbers and (to the best of what I can tell) at the same time rate.

When im just chillin on the Liset, my FPS drops from 145 to 81 then back up to 145.

The longer I play WF the worse it gets and the shorter the time in between each drop gets (or so it seems, I can't actually tell if it is happening).

Now keep in mind, I've been running fine since before this patch, even before the new network coding (just had some minor latency issues but that's cuz my internet is poop).

TL;DR: FPS drops frequently in a seemingly same interval since 15.12.3

INGAME FPS (v-sync on)= 60fps to 40 then to 60.

INGAME FPS (v-sync off)= 110 fps to 70 to 110.

CHILLIN IN LISET (v-sync off)= 145fps to 81 to 145.

Win 7 x64 Professional Edition

Intel i7 930 (OC'd)

Nvidia Geforce 460 GTX

6gbs ram

WF Launcher: Full screen,Multi-threaded rendering, Launcher GPU Acceleration are checked.

Cache has been verified and Optimized.

Nvidia Physx is disabled.

Edited by DeusInsania

It could be any number of reasons tbh

What settings do you run?

-A 'stutter' can be due to the game engine looking for texture/geometry info from your sysRAM due to there being insufficient space in VRAM. Because accessing sysRAM is slow, it manifests as a brief stutter when the info is requested....It may also stall the engine too, at times.

Try turning down either resolution, texture detail, or anti-aliasing and see if that fixes the issue. If it does you will need to upgrade your GPU. If you use PhysX, turn that off too.

-When you have V-sync enabled, the reason you will see (and feel) disruption is because your GPU is trying to remain synchronised with your monitors refresh rate. It will run at either 60 or 30 not 40. The reason you're seeing 40 is due to the counter not updating fast enough and counting the frames weirdly. You will feel this when you play the game.

-When you have V-sync turned off and are in the liset, do the frame dips coincide with your warframe performing an action? Mirage blowing a kiss, Nyx meditating etc.?

EDIT:

Missed the last line in teh OP about PhysX

Also, missed obligatory are your drivers up to date?

Edited by MillbrookWest

It could be any number of reasons tbh

What settings do you run?

-A 'stutter' can be due to the game engine looking for texture/geometry info from your sysRAM due to there being insufficient space in VRAM. Because accessing sysRAM is slow, it manifests as a brief stutter when the info is requested....It may also stall the engine too, at times.

Try turning down either resolution, texture detail, or anti-aliasing and see if that fixes the issue. If it does you will need to upgrade your GPU. If you use PhysX, turn that off too.

-When you have V-sync enabled, the reason you will see (and feel) disruption is because your GPU is trying to remain synchronised with your monitors refresh rate. It will run at either 60 or 30 not 40. The reason you're seeing 40 is due to the counter not updating fast enough and counting the frames weirdly. You will feel this when you play the game.

-When you have V-sync turned off and are in the liset, do the frame dips coincide with your warframe performing an action? Mirage blowing a kiss, Nyx meditating etc.?

EDIT:

Missed the last line in teh OP about PhysX

Also, missed obligatory are your drivers up to date?

I know theres a slight disruption with vsync on, but i've never seen it dip that far down (it usually doesn't really).

The fps dip did not sync with an action. Drivers are up to date

Also do you have mismatched ram? Because it seems to me that that is one of the things Warframe can't handle with, other games could but Warframe apparantly not.

Chao, The Roaring Lion Warlord of ShadowLords

I actually do, I've synced them as best i could in my Bios

HOWEVER, I'm pleased to announce that I somehow fixed it (and it still works after 15.3).

The only thing I changed was switching to 64bit client, and only having multi threaded checked in the launcher, and I now have to play on windowed (although I don't get the FPS issue in full screen or in bordered however my screen freezes in bordered if i alt tab and full screen doesn't minimize anymore if i alt tab [it just shows my mouse cursor instead of the in-game cursor]).

I don't get a fps dip with or without vsync on (unless there's massive deaths or explosions but that is normal and to be expected).

Here are my settings:

Warframe0074_zps33c4bbd4.jpg

Warframe0075_zps3d29ba25.jpg

Edited by DeusInsania