Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired Of Resources Being Ignored

cyrus106

DE I honestly don't like this new weapon combining mechanic, it's a bit tiring. I don't want to duct-tape skanas to my boltos, this is silly. Give me a use for my piles of control modules, morphics, my 3 million alloy plates, my neurodes, my circuits, my rubedo. All my resources that I lug around. I get that the community flipped at you for the kohm for using oxium and argon, but that shouldn't stop you from using available resources for blueprints.. What am I supposed to use 3 million alloy for? ammunition? I don't even care if you make the crafting costs expensive (10 morphics, 30,000 alloy). You guys made the resources available in mass amounts, so let us use them!. 

Sincerely,

A lone tenno

Edited by cyrus106

This is not exactly true. These resources are easier to get since the missions you probably play on drop these rather the other stuff (aside from Argon and Oxium - which just are abysmal). For instance if you play a lot of endless void missions.... well expect to have a lot more of those 4 resources that drop in void than the rest since... well you play a lot of void missions. 

That being said being rude and demanding things doesn't help - you could've simply said, just utilize these other resources more. A statement I could whole-heartily agree on.

This is not exactly true. These resources are easier to get since the missions you probably play on drop these rather the other stuff (aside from Argon and Oxium - which just are abysmal). For instance if you play a lot of endless void missions.... well expect to have a lot more of those 4 resources that drop in void than the rest since... well you play a lot of void missions. 

That being said being rude and demanding things doesn't help - you could've simply said, just utilize these other resources more. A statement I could whole-heartily agree on.

I wasn't necessarily being rude, I was being blunt. Nowhere in my post did I insult the developers, I just am a bit tired of certain resources being under-utilized. I'll edit it if you feel it's rude

I like the direction that DE was going in, with the Tiberon and even the Tipedo, but these new pistols...

It's just ridiculous.

The Tiberon was fine, at the most one had to build a latron to get it, and the forma might have been a hassle to acquire for a few players. Even the Tipedo wasn't bad, at the most one had to craft both the kunai and the bo staff, but still not that bad.(I don't think the redeemer was that big a deal either because it only required dual skana and a vasto, which seems fine to me)

Everything went down hill with the panthera. One had to collect the parts and bp for the miter, a drop determined by RNG and build that and possibly also build the hikou. That was too much effort for one weapon, and now this:

Method for crafting new weapon, Akjagara:

buy lato > craft bolto > repeat > craft Akbolto > craft dual skana > craft Akjagara  <------ And that's without knowing what other resources are being used in the process of crafting each piece.

Edit: To clarify:

I don't mind this method for building new weapons, in fact I like it quite a bit, I think it builds a nice pseudo tiering system, but Cyrus has a point, there needs to be a balance of weapons being released that require solely resources to craft and weapons requiring other weapons to craft. And the latter needs to remain simple, unlike panthera and Akjagara. The more recent Tenno reinforcement weapons are just too over the top in build requirements.

I also realize that to a new player this might not seem so bad, as they would see before having them(and possibly trashing said weapons after mastering) that these weapons are required to construct other weapons, but overall, for any level of player it feels like it's just too much.

Edited by GhostSwordsman