Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Paintball?

Basilo

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be happening, but all my gunshots and sword swings are deafening to me, but all other gunfire sounds like the soft pews of paintball guns. A trooper shooting at me at point blank is quiet enough to easily be overlooked, especially with all my ear-rupturing gunfire and the horrifically loud bullet pings. Also, the item pick-up sounds and the new shield breaking sound is very, very quiet. As in, I have to visually check things. It's bad enough that I could possibly play better without any audio, as then I wouldn't be in pain from the sounds of an axe splitting air. 

that would be the new reverb they added.  its part of the game to basically give echos were they are suppose to happen.  or otherwise increase the volume of the sounds.   Before it didn't matter if you were inside or outside, all sounds had the same levels,  Now if your outside sounds can seem softer cause you only have the ground and nearby objects for sound to bounce off of, to amplify the sound.   with most of the sound traveling up into the void of space.   While when inside, the walls will reflect those sounds and make it louder.   

Can try it yourself in real life.     Take a stick and swing it hard while outside, and listen for the sound of the stick moving through the air.  then do it while inside.  you'll notice a difference in volumes unless you have curtains and shag carpet everywhere that would absorb the sound @_@

that would be the new reverb they added.  its part of the game to basically give echos were they are suppose to happen.  or otherwise increase the volume of the sounds.   Before it didn't matter if you were inside or outside, all sounds had the same levels,  Now if your outside sounds can seem softer cause you only have the ground and nearby objects for sound to bounce off of, to amplify the sound.   with most of the sound traveling up into the void of space.   While when inside, the walls will reflect those sounds and make it louder.   

Can try it yourself in real life.     Take a stick and swing it hard while outside, and listen for the sound of the stick moving through the air.  then do it while inside.  you'll notice a difference in volumes unless you have curtains and shag carpet everywhere that would absorb the sound @_@

true but shoot a gun outside you can still hear that load bang and so can the people a few blocks away... but now I cant even hear a shotgun go of right next to me