Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper- Corrupt Mod

(PSN)LoneWolf_001

Sniper rifles are particularly weak in this game. It's pretty sad really, even with max mods, I can't picture using any of them for long survival matches. So I thought, "what's missing?"

Corrupt MODs for sniper rifles.

"One Chance"

Increases your base critical chance by 100 but reduces the amount of shots per magazine to ONE. (When maxed out of course.

Collateral Damage

Headshots deal 100% weapon damage as Blast or Fire damage to all enemies within 10 yards but reduces Status chance by 25%. (Also when maxed.)

Quick Scope

Rate of fire is increased 70% and reloading is instant but you can no longer aim down the sight. (this is more of a joke for anyone who ever played a sniper in a FPS)

I'm sure some people might disagree that sniper rifles need some love, but if you could what corrupt mods would you make for them?

the problem with snipers is more how the enemy fight you. Snipers have never been useful against zerg tactics, and the number of enemies at a time means snipers are heavily punished for extremely high damage, slow fire rate. Miss a shot? your dead, didnt kill the biggest enemy? your dead. Bows fill the niche better being of moderately high damage whith a better aim and a faster fire rate, and dictates why launchers are the highest damaging weapon in game [aoe]. Machineguns are THE top tier weapon because of the rapid fire rate gives you more control. Highest damage rifle with multishot and puncture give so much control on target firing and speed that snipers are just blown out of the water.

Cool concepts though.

• 3 weeks later...

but mods are for weapons that are already performing well

these changes should just be stock innate changes/buffs to sniper rifles instead of taking up a valuable mod slot 

like i mean poor snipers cant afford to lose any mod slots at this point so its better these things are actual additions to the weapon class ie; special headshot effect, nullfier bubble bypass, special crits on weakspots etc

i really like the quick scope mod thou 

You may have a point. Innate buffs are needed badly. Why is the crit so low? Youd think Sniper Rifles would have the highest crits(chance and damage ) in game.

i disagree, whilst the burst capability of snipers should be good i feel like they should be more like the opticor, high damage low crit chance, but headshots [or other targeted weak points, think banshee sonar etc] should get an auto crit, with a high crit damage. less RNG and more skill based, and if you can make the game less reliant on zerg tactics and make picking your shots more profitable, youll find the game comes into a nice balance with this fix alone making snipers and shotguns more viable [imo]

Dat, quickscope though. Lets do this.

Mabye give snipers an aura slot that determines what your rectal when scoped looks like, and gives said corrupted buffs to your gun.

that way no more annoyingly ugly scopes, and you don't lose a mod slot, and get a tad extra energy/synergy/modpoints/whateveritscalled.

• 3 weeks later...