Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is A Massive Movement Ahead, Run Tenno / Escape Missions

Venarge

So I was watching discovery channel and what did I saw. A giant centipede that kills birds and other stuff. This centipede made me think about the Devourer(Yeah that name sounds awesome :D). And I was looking for some other creature ideas and this is what I found:

giant_centipede___gyromancer_by_kunkka-d

Alien_Centipede_by_raoxcrew.jpg

The final design should be slightly different after all. the head would have more teeth. And the legs would be made of arms/legs from corpus and grineer. The size would be slightly increased so he would perfectly fit into the floors.

You're nearing the objective. Lotus comes on the line sounding worried: "Tenno, abort the mission. You can't fight this thing. Get out of there now! Run!"

It gets eerily quiet and any enimies disperse and disappear. The ship begins to sound like it's being torn apart. Then the devourer breaks through the objective door like an explosion.

The doors unlock and the hunt begins.

--

Then you have to fight your way through enemies while escaping. You'll be able to lock doors behind you only if everybody is through. The devourer will attck the furthest from the mission.

It at least sounds different. I'd much rather they work on pvp first. :P

You're nearing the objective. Lotus comes on the line sounding worried: "Tenno, abort the mission. You can't fight this thing. Get out of there now! Run!"

It gets eerily quiet and any enimies disperse and disappear. The ship begins to sound like it's being torn apart. Then the devourer breaks through the objective door like an explosion.

The doors unlock and the hunt begins.

--

Then you have to fight your way through enemies while escaping. You'll be able to lock doors behind you only if everybody is through. The devourer will attck the furthest from the mission.

It at least sounds different. I'd much rather they work on pvp first. :P

A very good example for a possible encounter with him ^^

Dont worry Tenno. You´ll get duels in U8 :D

Another idea is keep enemies in the way all the way out and make it SLIGHTLY slower to compensate. Then have 2 or 3 rooms on the way out where it cuts you off, mini boss battles with mechanics like Jackal, then you book it to the next "boss fight" room because it recovered quickly, fight slightly different variant, run, fight slightly different variant blocking exit. This #1- lets slower frames catch up and makes the faster, squishy frames WANT to wait for their slslower support/tank comrades #2- makes the event far more interactive than holding the sprint button and occasionally hitting x to close a door. The idea is to keep it a "get the $@#& out of there NOW!" But keep it feasable and fun for all frame builds.

Another idea is keep enemies in the way all the way out and make it SLIGHTLY slower to compensate. Then have 2 or 3 rooms on the way out where it cuts you off, mini boss battles with mechanics like Jackal, then you book it to the next "boss fight" room because it recovered quickly, fight slightly different variant, run, fight slightly different variant blocking exit. This #1- lets slower frames catch up and makes the faster, squishy frames WANT to wait for their slslower support/tank comrades #2- makes the event far more interactive than holding the sprint button and occasionally hitting x to close a door. The idea is to keep it a "get the $@#& out of there NOW!" But keep it feasable and fun for all frame builds.

Great idea to make every run different =) +1

PICTURE

Those centipede creatures look really evil. 

Like you said. The best way to make something like this fit into the game would be to make his legs arms/legs from corpus and grineer :D

It would totally freak me out if something like this creature would hunt me. The idea about it already creeps me out.

I asked DE if something like this mission would be possible (Concerned about the pathing/animation),

and the answer was, that it is indeed possible. Once they polished the current stuff, we might get some big stuff. That means something like our devourer could become reality =)

I think this would be a good idea to implement if we could do something to delay the creature that still requires combat.

E.g. Fire at the legs to break them, slowing it down for some time as it grows new ones. Shooting it in the mouth to damage it's head so that it shoot acid at you. Things like that.

Very much this.

+1

I think this is a pretty good idea.  I really like the concept of "no just to hell with what you're doing, just get out".  I also think that most people in this thread are saying what I would have suggested.

As for the name... how about "the Relentless", to kind of reinforce this unstoppable force kind of thing?

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is a pretty good idea.  I really like the concept of "no just to hell with what you're doing, just get out".  I also think that most people in this thread are saying what I would have suggested.

As for the name... how about "the Relentless", to kind of reinforce this unstoppable force kind of thing?

Sorry that I am answering this now and not earlier, had to watch my topics >.<

The relentless. Hmm. Sounds sweet so far. Mysterious. The player wouldnt expect much and then, boom, its breaking through :D

Edited by Venarge

Could be like those plastids in a massive swarm forming a body comin to get you.

Also would be cool to add some grineer and Corpus things you would have to parkour through and run away from.

Yep :D You are in the mission and then, the creature hits the asteroid / ship whatever and begins to infect it :3

A swarm like creature would be cool too. But I would prefer a worm/centipede creature. It frightens people more in my OP :D