Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running Is Killing The Game*

RedEye88

One of the reasons why many rushers (not saying all) don't care about other players is the lack of a solid in-game chat. When your fellow Tenno are silent avatars that happen to be on the same map there is bound to be a feeling of detachment. This is a complete contrast to grouping with a Clan members using a TS server. Improving the game chat would help the 'unit' feeling in missions.

The previous suggestions around grouping people according to their Kill/ Explore/ Speed Completion/ Any Group etc. references also seem solid and should be easy to implement.

Game difficulty also needs to be looked at. Whilst there will always be people that can solo their way through content adding more challenging content for group play would also encourage people who want to group in a multi-player game; e.g. environmental traps, enemies using stun grenades, effects that can rapidly reduce shields, randomly generated mini-bosses with more dangerous abilities and the chance of usesful material or mod drops etc.

Very well put. It's like Call of Duty or even World of Warcraft PVP. Other players may as well be bots, you don't care. 

We're space ninjas. The faster we get the job done the better.

Tbh there should be a timer where, if the mission is done within that time, players are rewarded.

Also, for players with ranked up warframes and weapons, fighting mobs they can kill in 2 shots is tedious and boring.

Why does lotus often say, "leave nothing alive", "leave nothing standing", if what you say is true?

She also often says to just destroy the core, destroy targets of interest, capture a single target, acquire data, sabotage the ship's course, all of which can be done in record time without killing everything.

Your point is kind of moot.

Maybe we could get two status along the matchmaking system, so the two types of people don't hamper each other's experience.

A "Rush" status and "Normal" status, and the matchmaking will only team you up with people having the same status as you do.

Your point is kind of moot.

Not really, it simply puts your confident, but incorrect statement earlier into some sort of perspective. You don't seem to accept that both can be true and are not mutually exclusive.

Many times the objective is more important. Most people dont try to farm mods and exp on alert missions where time is an issue if the team fails or boss runs where it can take 20 to 30 runs to get the drop you need. Most strangers on alert missions and boss runs want to use thier play time efficiently.

One of the reasons why many rushers (not saying all) don't care about other players is the lack of a solid in-game chat. When your fellow Tenno are silent avatars that happen to be on the same map there is bound to be a feeling of detachment. This is a complete contrast to grouping with a Clan members using a TS server. Improving the game chat would help the 'unit' feeling in missions.

The previous suggestions around grouping people according to their Kill/ Explore/ Speed Completion/ Any Group etc. references also seem solid and should be easy to implement.

Game difficulty also needs to be looked at. Whilst there will always be people that can solo their way through content adding more challenging content for group play would also encourage people who want to group in a multi-player game; e.g. environmental traps, enemies using stun grenades, effects that can rapidly reduce shields, randomly generated mini-bosses with more dangerous abilities and the chance of usesful material or mod drops etc.

Did you not notice the in game voip settings?  Personally I keep it muted because "'unit' feeling" in a pug doesn't hold enough value to me if it means having to deal with kids whining about rushing and god knows what else.

Edited by Aggh

Not really, it simply puts your confident, but incorrect statement earlier into some sort of perspective. You don't seem to accept that both can be true and are not mutually exclusive.

It's kind of the other way around.

I never really displayed direct support to rushing. I just wrote a reason why it's plausible.(No, suggesting a mission timer is not supporting a rush method, just a disciplined style of gameplay as one could still stay and kill absolutely everything if he felt the reward was better than beating the timer)

Also, you took 1 mission type as a reason for why a space ninja doesn't necessarily have to rush and I named every other mission type as a reason why he COULD rush.

My statement is correct.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Playing online can be a very fun or frustrating experience. Sometimes, all frames are working together, moving towards the objective and helping anyone in trouble. Then there's the guy with the Level 30, decked out for speed, running in a Level 8 area running as fast as he can, essentially leaving the rest of the team a man short and slowing them down even more.

I have ZERO issues with rushing versus exploring. I've done both. But in the end, the TEAM needs to stick together. A lot of times this happens which is good. But the problem is that you can end up with such a speed and skill disparity that this doesn't happen.

From the rusher's point of view, they're waiting for the noobs and getting frustrated by them going so slow. While I don't agree with this, I can see the mindset.

From the guys hanging behind, they're having to just push push push as fast as they can and still keep getting farther behind. Again, frustrating. There have been times that there was no possible way to keep up.

There's realistically three options:

- Separate the two types of players (Instead of "ONLINE" have an "ONLINE (Rush)" and "ONLINE (Team)" button).

- Or set it up so that if you're caught out by yourself, you're screwed. Think Left 4 Dead and the incap specials.

- In the online matchmaking, keep similar speed equipped frames together.

And to be honest, I think gameplay would suffer a bit with the second option. The easiest would be to add a different game mode. Keep the rushers together, and voila...they're almost the same speed and start acting like a team.