Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe - Dynamic Events?

Luminati07

Hey guys,

I originally posted this in General Discussion, but I thought it'd be better suited for the section dedicated to maps, so I just copy and pasted it over to here.

I've been playing Guild Wars 2 quite a lot lately, and I was thinking, I wonder if dynamic event (mission) chains would work in Warframe.

The original vision of the GW2 dynamic events was that "a single decision, made by a player, cascades out in a chain of events".

My idea for a similar system for Warframe is the following:

Special mission types will occasionally (could be rare), appear for players.

Whether you fail or succeed with these missions, it will lead the chain down a track.

For example:

1. Special mission: Assassinate the target. (generic, I know. Special mission types could be added)

1.1. Failure - Enemy assassination target attacks dojo with a large force of enemies.

1.2. Success - Enemy assassination target is dead. You can now attack their main base of operations.

Example 2.

2. Special mission: Destroy enemy weapons facility.

2.1. Failure - Enemies take over the dojo, with advanced weaponry, and large numbers.

2.2. Success - Enemies are in disarray, with less advanced weaponry.

Example 3.

3. Some random Tenno (someone completely unrelated to you) does something specific in a mission. Whether this be something specific in the game already. Or something completely new (like, be given the option to press a button in a mission)

If he presses said button, enemy ships are alerted to Tenno presence (unrelated tenno are attacked by enemies, which opens up a mission for them), if he leaves it alone, the event chain does not begin.

They could go on further than this, with several chains coming off each mission.

I know those are very basic examples, I thought of those in about a minute.

These dynamic chains could have a ton of possibilities, and could seriously open up for some exciting missions, giving much needed variety.

What are your ideas/thoughts on this?

*Edit*

Expanding on one of the examples. (flow chart has replaced this section, you may still read this part if you want though)

1. Tenno sees strange button on an enemy ship.

1.1 - Player chooses to press the button.

1.2 - Player leaves the button alone.

________________________________________________________________________________

2.1 - A completely random player is alerted to an impending attack / enemy ship nearby. This alert should be short.(only for online players)

2.2 - Event chain does not begin, due to the player leaving the button alone.

________________________________________________________________________________

(the next set of choices are chosen by the game, either could happen)

3.1 - Enemy ship docks on your dojo, attacking with a large force.

3.2 - You have the chance to invade the enemy ship to stop them before they begin.

3.1.1 - Enemy forces are forced out of the dojo. Event gets pushed back a step. Enemy ship is in the vicinity, you must then drive them away.

3.1.2 - Enemy forces you out of the dojo, the next step is to retake your dojo back from the invaders.

3.2.1 - You successfully drive the enemy ship out of the vicinity. Event chain finishes.

3.2.2 - You fail to drive the enemy ship out of the area. They take over the nearby planet, stealing resources for themselves. Resulting in lower resource gain from that mission until:

4.1 - You drive the enemy off the planet, resource gain is returned to normal. But you must now drive the ship away.

4.2 - The enemies defeat you on the planet. Next step is to drive the ship away, cutting off the ground forces from their friends.

5.1 - Go onto the planet to wipe out the remaining forces. Event chain finishes here.

Sorry guys, I know the above is probably quite confusing.

I'm working on a flow chart at the moment to better explain it, although my first attempt failed miserably. 

*Edit 2*

Added a flowchart.

I know it's a bit...convoluted, I haven't made a flow chart since year 9 or so.

With this example, it's not necessarily the player who presses the button that receives the event chain.

Doing one of these actions will open up a chain for a completely random player (who is online), makes the mission chains more exciting, and sudden.

2iicozo.png

Edited by miniKAD