The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nix Gravis

Harvest117

You thank the vendor for his/her wares and marshal your feet away from the concessions stand. With a bucket tucked under your arm and pockets lined with sugary plunder you leave the lofty air of the cinema lobby to duck into a dim hallway.

A ticketwoman/man stands at his/her post. She/he's ready, alert, already wondering the day away. How many more hours till my (unpaid) lunch? Would the boy/girl at the box office join me for once? 

A ticket changes hands, is swiftly dismembered and without pause, handed back. "Enjoy your movie". 

How many unwashed hands did I touch? How many more hours till lunch? You leave the ticketperson to their ruminations.

You're aware of the carpet/hardwood/linoleum under your soles as you trudge toward the number seven theatre. Seven days of the week. Seven deadly sins. Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone. Seven days of Hanukkah.

The brand-name chocolate bars weigh heavily in your pockets.

You wish you could stop keep reading this first-person tract about visiting a movie theatre staffed with an improbably high rate of transgendered employees. You wish you could stop keep reading this post saturated with commitment-free descriptions and forward slashes. You wish for a lot of things.

Step back.

This isn't you. This isn't even close.

You're at home watching Netflix/Hulu with a bar of popcorn and a bowl of chocolates. You haven't been to the movies in two years.

You close Huluflix/Netfu, open a new tab and search for that movie you wanted to see two years ago.

You stream it on 4shared.

Wait.

You take a seat in the number seven theatre and stream it for $14 CAD (and $90 CAD + tax in concessions).

You watch the film.

The scenes are well shot and the colour grading is consistent. The popcorn is excellent. The performances are well-done and the story is well-executed. The whatsits-name bar is delicious (made with five kinds of sugar).

You feel that you will tell people this is a good movie and insist that it's good, right?

It didn't promise much, or maybe it did but you feel you liked it, kinda. All in all you would maybe recommend it to your friends. Maybe. If nothing good was on TV.

------------------------------------------------

If you've read this far, thank you. If you skipped to this part, I guess the line break caught your eye or something.

Nix Gravis is a Mountain Clan. We've got about 60 slots left (65 exactly at last count) to fill and we would love to have you. We like video games. We are friendly. Our Dojo is nice, our research is complete/current and we have a TeamSpeak server.

But don't believe in the integrity of this post! Believe in this website with all of our clan info and 100% more space backgrounds! Believe in the me that believes in you!

Join even if:

You live somewhere else. We're international!

You don't play that much. We play other games too. Bring your gaming interests with you!

You're new. We like having new players!

Are you looking for people as interested in playing as you are? Here's a list of recent recruits: LuoChunYi, AlexN4L, megahurt5, killingfury126i1i, Rachnurin, Rainykauke1, ArchusX, uionmvcb, OpticalAspire, Wardzer, Carpeomnia777, andyarnolduk, Ticktok, Aloreal, Oroca, Anomandaris_Purake, Sveti, Unshkblefaith, xRaider022, TheFips, itzepic007, Miautex, WAiiNz, xSkiron, FR3NSH, WildYaks, diamondmagus

We've also got a Reddit thread if you need to contact us ASAP.

Edited by Harvest117

• 1 month later...

Hello! My name is Yaviel and I'm looking for a really awesome clan over the last few days. I found your Nix Gravis homepage which is really well done and made me want to join you! I also know you are with Synergy, which I highly respect for the lowest taxes of the solar system <3 I'm mastery rank 18 if that's important and always looking for a good time. I'm slowling coming into PvP which might be useful for solar rails. The fact you guys have a teamspeak server would be the best time to try it out :D also I'm looking for good people doing the raids quick and easy. ~Have a nice day, Yav out!

• 2 months later...