The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Or Boar

JoyfulSlime

Hello

I have 30 rank Strun and i am satisfied enough with it, i kill my enemies in 1 sometimes 2 shots, what i am interested in is if the Boar is better? or shall i continiue with Strun?

Yeah and btw what is the best mods for scindo?

Edited by JoyfulSlime

Boar seems to have better dps potential (because of fire rate) but it's going to burn ammo faster and has a wider spread.

Personally I would only level it for mastery.

Build scindo for charge damage, fury is a must in every weapon imo

Personally, I prefer the Strun. As for Scindo, Fury to upgrade attack speed is a must. Other than that, the usual mods are good. Pressure Point, Organ Shatter, True Steel, Staggering Force, Sundering Strike, Reflex Coil and whatever elemental cards you want.

After using both shotguns i prefer the strun, seems to do more damage per impact and doesn't burn through the ammo like the boar does. But if you have the shotgun scavenger relic along with max ammo per mag and pool then i'd go for the boar. 

While the Boar is underestimated it is in no way underpowered. The first time using it you will burn through ammo, but once you get some nice damage mods on it you can single shot most foes. The only time I have had to go auto with my Boar was with bosses and the stalker.

In the end it comes down to your play style more than anything. If you like to get up close then the Boar is going to be better. If you fight at mid range then the Strun is better.

Both are nice, but I prefer the Boar. It's just a heap of fun. You don't even burn all that much ammo as long as you don't use it full auto all the time. Because contrary to many apparently doing just that, it's not the best way to use it. Only use full auto when you know the enemy or enemies are close enough to get hit properly and strong enough so that you won't just be shooting everything past the first couple hits into a dead corpse.

The Boar is nice for Tanks (Rhino and Frost). I can really get all up in ther'. I have found that the Strun is great for the other WFs. 

At close range they perform about the same, so no problems there. 

At mid-range the differences show. Strun is the way to go.

Also you didn't mention the Hex. It is a "nice" blend of the Boar and Strun. 

Strun > Boar

BUT

Boar has a far higher satisfaction factor than Strun, in my opinion.

Unloading your entire mag in someone's face never gets dull.

Just.. keep a sidearm with good ammo economy there as well.

The Strun is a better toolbox weapon.  It covers a lot of situations well with it's middle of the road shotgun stats and it's polarity slot.  You can pack more punch per shot into it than the Boar.  The single downside to the Strun is it's huge base reload which is beastly even with maxxed reload mod.

The Boar excels at close quarters clearing of light targets and unloading a full clip onto hard targets from melee or near melee.

I like the Strun more personally in spite of it's huge downside.

My Scindo is modded with maxxed melee damage and charge speed, level 4 attack speed, charge damage, armor pierce, frost and either elec or fire depending on enemy type.  This covers all enemy types.  Vs light infest I can just walk around rotating my swings to hit everything in sight and using jump attacks to close with leapers.  Charge attacks finish off ancients with full armor pierce.

While the Boar is underestimated it is in no way underpowered. The first time using it you will burn through ammo, but once you get some nice damage mods on it you can single shot most foes. The only time I have had to go auto with my Boar was with bosses and the stalker.

In the end it comes down to your play style more than anything. If you like to get up close then the Boar is going to be better. If you fight at mid range then the Strun is better.

agree with this.

I don't do the math, but I feel that Strum is better for bullet economy while Boar has the potential to deal more damage in the same time (it is the ONLY automatic shotgun).

For best effect though, you prob need to compare them after you add a + magazine size at least 50% (which will really pump up the Boar in full auto)