Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Players Get Good Stuff Way To Early.

PainKiller6891

The MR requirement its not a bad idea, but i see here a bunch of "nerf X because its better than me" and "i dont want for noobs and starters to have the same as i have and i want em to worship me like the grind god i am". MR requirement it should not be abussive and i don't even think if its the best idea for limiting gear. Also this is a coop game, the better gear everyone has, the better for all of us.

The game has "progression" in several forms - Warframe ability progression, Mod progression, Mastery Rank progression, and weapon power progression. 

The point is, some weapons are notably more powerful than others.  That's a de facto form of progression, in that any player is going to want those more powerful weapons. 

All things being equal (i.e. if the combat is intrinsically fun, as it is in Warframe) If they're gated by MR or some other gate, players will work towards them and spend time in the game.

But if the most powerful weapons are available to new players (through plat), then those players are going to get bored quickly.

What people want and what's good for them isn't always the same thing. 

To take an extreme, consider God Mode in any game.  Sounds like something one wants, and for a while it's hella fun; but I'm sure nearly everyone here has experienced how God Mode ruins a game, sometimes to the extent that you can't even play it "normally" ever again.  In that case, even if the combat is intrinsically fun, that's not going to be enough to counteract the psychological "spoiling" of the game.  Result: player exits.

Having the more powerful weapons available early on is a scaled-down version of that, and the same psychology pertains.