The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Capped At 60?

sKell-10

This has been an ongoing issue since I first installed through steam about a week ago. I installed fraps so that I could monitor the fps in certain areas; apart from a few defence missions (xiri for example)  fps sticks at 60 and never goes over and rarely under. The tearing I have been receiving is what prompted me to post this thread  because I'm used to disabling vsync right off the bat with most games I play. I turned off vsync in the warframe settings but it seems to make no difference. I also took a look through the nvidia control panel 3d settings but it looks like it's turned off globally through it anyway so I'm pretty stumped. Anyone been having similar problems to this in warframe where the fps is permanently capped at 60?

basic specs:

>windows 7 ult

>gtx 640 SE sli w/ latest drivers

>amd phenom II 965

>8 GB ram

Switch V-sync of this will set your fps to monitor frequency.

Can be done in game under settings or in your GPU settings panel.

NVidia Panel --> Manage 3D Settings --> Scroll down to "Vertical V-Sync" --> Off --> Apply

Edited by GrandMasterV

disable v-sync

enabling v-sync caps your fps to your current monitor frequency for example 60hz and so on

means 60hz monitor setting = 60fps at max

disable v-sync! allways it causes input lag in some games the diffence is realy big and you get that spongy input feeling

without your input is more responsive and more precise

maybe your graphics card drivers force vsync on, go check that.

don't listen to all those guys telling you vsync is bad and you SHOULD turn it off because mouselag blabla. that's something counterstrike did on the old engine back then. vsync prevents the screen from tearing while synching your fps to your monitors hz frequenzy.

Edited by dEEkAy2k9

maybe your graphics card drivers force vsync on, go check that.

don't listen to all those guys telling you vsync is bad and you SHOULD turn it off because mouselag blabla. that's something counterstrike did on the old engine back then. vsync prevents the screen from tearing while synching your fps to your monitors hz frequenzy.

It is bad actually, if it sets to 60 means 2 bad things can happen.

from 60 to 0 goes faster then from 120 to 0 so by having a higher frame rate you actually play smoother.

Since it has more fps range to toggle over.

V-Sync creates a bottleneck on your cpu/gpu slowing down processes and if you have a gaming mouse the cpu has more workload.

By default the USB mouse polling rate (report rate) is 125 and with that the mouse sends new information to the CPU every 8 ms.

If you change the polling rate to 250 the mouse sends new info to the CPU every 4 ms.

If you change the polling rate to 500 the mouse sends new info to the CPU every 2 ms.

If you change the polling rate to 1000 the mouse sends new info to the CPU every 1 ms.

A high mouse polling rate puts a lot more load on the CPU though.

Only reason there is V-Sync and it has any application at all is with low end programs that are not GPU intensive.

Your browser or Photoshop as a simple example do not need a high fps.

V-Sync conserve power(watt) in those cases.