The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regular Warframes Should Be Upgradable To Prime Versions.

Dreadnaux

you can sell, and buy the same wep again to level it up.

i think that was a bug from before, now you cant do that. altough im sure somehow the devs will make a way for new players to get the same mastery level as old players

Not obsolete. It's one tileset.

One tileset they are going to be (variably) more useful on. I say variably because we don't know if the "advantage" is opening special containers with 20 or so credits that no one else can, or if they basically get superpowers.

It's too early to say they're going to "obsolete" the originals.

Primes get an extra polarity slot, by the way.

good idea but it would be to common and player could easily get a prime. 

What do you mean too common? Right now you don't need frost to make frost prime, so needing frost to make it will only make it less common.

A prestige/sidegrade system that allowed priming could be pretty awesome.  My one concern (of course, being that I'm a founder) would be the increased availability of Excal Prime.  I'm sure that could be circumvented by just giving the Excal-upgraded Prime a different model though, or turning the founder pack Excal Prime into an Excal Vandal.

In fact, DE_Steve even mentioned the possibility of them looking into an upgrade/sidegrade system for the Frost Prime frame this morning.  Hrm...

Edited by Wriith

My problem with this new prime thing, and other items that have been added is that they seem to be ACTIVELY trying to belittle the premium items that Founders received. 

First there was the fact that Skana Prime and Lato Prime are easily outclassed, even by their own counterparts. Not only that, the free, everyone-who's-in-the-beta Lato Vandal has superior stats than the Prime. And now we see that they may intend (this is purely speculation) to give all other frames a "Prime" variant. 

I understand the need to not let Founders become "Pay-to-Win," but come on DE. Don't offer a prize to people donating to your cause and then make it less preferred than the variants of it. I want a neat weapon to use, not a trophy to take up an inventory slot. I want a premiere item to feel like it's important and special, like a reward for investing into the game. 

Just my two cents on the matter, as I doubt my thoughts are very common

6k free masteries, always welcomed.

With all the stuff in the current game you can reach r9 which is enough since u don't earn anything after r4. Not a goodpoint.

I support the thread too.

I have all frames lvl 30. All Potato'd. I don't want to farm and grind other same frame for just a cosmetic modification. That juste make me mad.

My problem with this new prime thing, and other items that have been added is that they seem to be ACTIVELY trying to belittle the premium items that Founders received. 

First there was the fact that Skana Prime and Lato Prime are easily outclassed, even by their own counterparts. Not only that, the free, everyone-who's-in-the-beta Lato Vandal has superior stats than the Prime. And now we see that they may intend (this is purely speculation) to give all other frames a "Prime" variant. 

I understand the need to not let Founders become "Pay-to-Win," but come on DE. Don't offer a prize to people donating to your cause and then make it less preferred than the variants of it. I want a neat weapon to use, not a trophy to take up an inventory slot. I want a premiere item to feel like it's important and special, like a reward for investing into the game. 

Just my two cents on the matter, as I doubt my thoughts are very common

No reason they could not buff the founder's pack prime gear and frame (If the frame falls behind). I agree with you the stuff from that should not become obsolete. Just different.

A prestige/sidegrade system that allowed priming could be pretty awesome.  My one concern (of course, being that I'm a founder) would be the increased availability of Excal Prime.  I'm sure that could be circumvented by just giving the Excal-upgraded Prime a different model though, or turning the founder pack Excal Prime into an Excal Vandal.

In fact, DE_Steve even mentioned the possibility of them looking into an upgrade/sidegrade system for the Frost Prime frame this morning.  Hrm...

Very interesting info. o:

Hopefully it becomes a reality... could make this game a lot deeper imo.

Seeing how Frost Prime, and Excalibur Prime are EXCLUSIVE items, i don't see the other Primes will be other then EXCLUSIVE.

This means No Upgrade

The frost prime BP is exclusive

so an upgrade is possible

No BP then no upgrade

You could always make the current "Primes" reserved for the event / founders be unique in looks and function. The thing is that they are warframes made during the Orokin era, doesn't mean the "Primes" players could upgrade to would be the "state-of-the-art for the Orokin era" ones we have so far.

As is my understanding that current warframes we have other than Primes are/were cobbled together with a small remembrance of a little Orokin know-how out of sub-standard parts salvaged in battle. So what I propose is to allow for the slow integration of technologies into your warframe as you level and find them;

Perhaps you find some Orokin tech that has been dabbled with by the corpus and integrate it into your frame? slight style change maybe...

New stats / abilities fitting to a different play-style? sounds pretty kosher.

Now lets say that you've already integrated all that and you manage to get your hands on some high-quality Orokin tech, never quite as good as the uttermost "Primes" of that era (lets assume the machinery and practices needed to make it up to that standard simply no longer exist etc.) But still very very advanced in comparison to what you had. Every small bit and piece changing stats and other sorts of things to conform with more play-styles and options, never taking the frame out of it(s) designated role, but allowing for a change in approach and more advanced play.

Like having multiple types/pieces of these technologies for each part of the frame and perhaps even subsystems of the frame allowing for even greater aesthetic customization and stat handling.

Hell, it doesn't even just have to be Orokin tech, like I mentioned earlier, what if you got your hands on some Corpus or Grineer tech that had Orokin tech behind it, perhaps a little corpus ingenuity made a strange new use for the dead tech, or perhaps the Grineer managed to cobble something together deadly enough to be worth stapling onto your frame?

Or maybe a Technocyte infested Tenno experiment has tampered with the technologies used in it(s) creation to create a new anomalous technology that may be useful in the field if carefully handled?

I think this idea deserved a very good look through regardless.

I was just thinking about it and there's huge potential for a system to upgrade Warframes into the prime version.

Maybe you need a level 30 of said Warframe as one of the mats for the Prime version?

I think it would be interesting to work for and generally show that you enjoy that frame a lot.

Just an idea really. :)

EDIT: Hopefully a DE staff member will see this one.. dunno how active they are as I am a newbie.

I like this idea...that way we wouldn't have to have 2 of nearly identical frames once the paragon? systems implemented. Not only that, you wouldn't have to buy another slot just for a prime frame.

OR Primes should only be a side-grade..similar stats to the original but different skins and/or different mechanics to skills. That way if you don't like the look of the original design you can upgrade to a prime skin with mats. If not, then you can save yourself the trouble and stick to the original frost, excal, banshee, etc.

The only problem I see with this is that Founder Exclusive items would have to be changed to something else since we  got excal prime.. Other than that I see no issues with implementing this.

I think the main problem come with the devs using the prime theme as a basis for another frame than exca prime.

I know it's tough for them to create a new design for a full set of frames, but I don't understand what they are trying to achieve with making the founders' exclusives not so exclusive anymore.

And I'm not even a founder.

And the problem will really arise when warframe will go retail and that new players will learn that there are other, directly superior attributes-wise, frames floating around, and that they cannot get them by any way available.

Exca prime is an exception, for loyal supporters, the enhanced stat are not even a problem, exca has the lowest overall stats, but frost now...

Could they tell us what they intend to do with the prime serie ?

I think the main problem come with the devs using the prime theme as a basis for another frame than exca prime.

I know it's tough for them to create a new design for a full set of frames, but I don't understand what they are trying to achieve with making the founders' exclusives not so exclusive anymore.

And I'm not even a founder.

And the problem will really arise when warframe will go retail and that new players will learn that there are other, directly superior attributes-wise, frames floating around, and that they cannot get them by any way available.

Exca prime is an exception, for loyal supporters, the enhanced stat are not even a problem, exca has the lowest overall stats, but frost now...

Could they tell us what they intend to do with the prime serie ?

there will not be any directly superior frames around when paragoning comes out.

Seeing how Frost Prime, and Excalibur Prime are EXCLUSIVE items, i don't see the other Primes will be other then EXCLUSIVE.

This means No Upgrade

I actually agree with this (and btw I don't have Excal Prime, though I got the Frost Prime bp).

First of all, I am under the impression that the prime versions varies only slightly from the non-prime version. That means that functionally there is really not that much reason that people cannot live without them. Whatever a prime can do, the non-prime version can do as well.

2nd, they are exclusive. I find that that is the real reason/basis for Primes. and not just "another warframe". If the exclusive part is taken out, the existence of Prime may become meaningless.

And note that I am trying to comment based on neutral outlook (which means I try to take dev's stance into consideration though I try not to be biased). As a player, I would love to be able to get Primes (free or plats) as well, but I understand and accept the reasons for the exclusivity, which is the main reason from the perspective of the devs (and prob those who got the primes).