Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

I think they should have a high status chance and a higher damage, when you consider

- Difficulty of actually getting them to hit thanks to their inability to maneuver terrain obstacles

- 50 Energy Cost 

- They only hit 6 enemies at most

- With the reduction in energy granted by storage container orbs AND the seemingly stealth nerfed energy orb drop rate in general

- Chaos only costs 25 more energy at base cost

It's hard to even justify using them other than that they look cool 

I have an idea for Psychic Bolts that might be viable:

Power Strength (from mods, etc.) does not increase the damage of the bolts. Instead, for every 10% Power Strength increase, you get 1 extra Bolt (or 15% if 10 is OP). Power Strength below normal reduces the number of bolt, no less than 1.

What would this mean?

Assuming you have R3 Bolts, if you used Maximized Power Strength, you would get +12 Bolts (or +8 if using 15% instead). This means your total possible damage would jump from 1200 to 3600 (or 2800). This seems sub-par with what many other caster frames are capable of doing for 50 Energy. And this doesn't even have status effects like powers of the same cost and is still capped on the number of possible targets.

If we further want to put this power on par with other powers of a similar cost, I think we should add a few things:

1. Change the damage type to a neutral damage. (i.e No resists or weaknesses) If this is impossible, which I highly doubt is the case, give it a perfect mix of all three physical types of damage.

2. Change the bolts so they ignore terrain features (i.e Infinite punch thru on anything that isn't an enemy). These are supposed to be mental constructs, so why are they behaving like heat seeking missiles?

3. Enemies hit by a Psychic Bolt are Stunned (yes, stunned) for 0.125seconds. Each bolt they are hit with doubles the remaining stun duration. This would represent the sheer force of will Nyx imposes on those affected, with those hit by more bolts receiving more of her focus. A single enemy hit with all of the bolts fired would be Stunned for 4 seconds (if Bolt count is not increased). If the bolt count is increased on the 15% scale, the duration of the stun would be 34 minutes; on the 10% scale, the duration of 18 bolts could reach 9.1 hours. This seems silly and excessive, but Nyx is meant to be a manipulator of minds. Getting hit by her psychic energy should definitely be incapacitating. If this is too long, then it can always be each bolt applies a 1 second cumulative stun to the target.

I think if these changes are made, it would really help put Nyx's Psychic Bolts on par with the abilities of many other frames, without being horrifically overpowered. Heck, even some of these changes would be greatly beneficial to her.

What do you guys think? Would this be a way to give Nyx's bolts a more reasonable effect for their cost?

I have an idea for Psychic Bolts that might be viable:

Power Strength (from mods, etc.) does not increase the damage of the bolts. Instead, for every 10% Power Strength increase, you get 1 extra Bolt (or 15% if 10 is OP). Power Strength below normal reduces the number of bolt, no less than 1.

What would this mean?

Assuming you have R3 Bolts, if you used Maximized Power Strength, you would get +12 Bolts (or +8 if using 15% instead). This means your total possible damage would jump from 1200 to 3600 (or 2800). This seems sub-par with what many other caster frames are capable of doing for 50 Energy. And this doesn't even have status effects like powers of the same cost and is still capped on the number of possible targets.

If we further want to put this power on par with other powers of a similar cost, I think we should add a few things:

1. Change the damage type to a neutral damage. (i.e No resists or weaknesses) If this is impossible, which I highly doubt is the case, give it a perfect mix of all three physical types of damage.

2. Change the bolts so they ignore terrain features (i.e Infinite punch thru on anything that isn't an enemy). These are supposed to be mental constructs, so why are they behaving like heat seeking missiles?

3. Enemies hit by a Psychic Bolt are Stunned (yes, stunned) for 0.125seconds. Each bolt they are hit with doubles the remaining stun duration. This would represent the sheer force of will Nyx imposes on those affected, with those hit by more bolts receiving more of her focus. A single enemy hit with all of the bolts fired would be Stunned for 4 seconds (if Bolt count is not increased). If the bolt count is increased on the 15% scale, the duration of the stun would be 34 minutes; on the 10% scale, the duration of 18 bolts could reach 9.1 hours. This seems silly and excessive, but Nyx is meant to be a manipulator of minds. Getting hit by her psychic energy should definitely be incapacitating. If this is too long, then it can always be each bolt applies a 1 second cumulative stun to the target.

I think if these changes are made, it would really help put Nyx's Psychic Bolts on par with the abilities of many other frames, without being horrifically overpowered. Heck, even some of these changes would be greatly beneficial to her.

What do you guys think? Would this be a way to give Nyx's bolts a more reasonable effect for their cost?

Stun for normal enemy's yah sure.

Stun for bosses...

haha

can anyone confirm my problem

after I tried nyx in defense missions you cant the crypod anymore what i mean with this is sometimes ancients and moas walk trough the shield and hit the cryopod that ulti seems pretty bugged, i know it worked very well for shrouding the crypod before that update.

• 2 months later...

Digging this thread up again, because:

Has anyone else noticed, that Mind Control doesn't seem to work properly in combination with those new leader type units? Other than Shield Ospreys or Ancient Healers, their auras and special abilities still seem to work against my team when MCed. I first noticed this, when I mind controlled a lifesteal leader in nightmare mode and suddenly went down without any enemy shooting at me (or slash proc).