Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

New update with nyx,

psychic bolts will have faster travel time and better pathfinding

Absorb will have more aggro and higher base damage

All of this coming from the september 4th livestream

I never thought I'd see the day... don't get me wrong, I'm very glad they actually did something but I have to say... about freaking time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've noticed lately, that using Absorb against Infested is a pretty good way to get yourself downed. I saw that some time ago on another player when doing Xini. He put it down to him being rather low-level and having only little shield and health. But today, it happened to me as well, and my Nyx is lvl30 and has 660 shield, 580 health. And there wasn't even a Toxic around.

And then it happened again in the Darvo-alert. Stalker appeared, I hopped into my bubble, he slash-dashed through me three or four times, and when the bubble popped, I went down. So yeah ...

Oh, right - and Psychic Bolts sometimes (feels like 50% of the time, although 20-30% might be more accurate) hit the target (there is nothing blocking their way or so), but don't deal any damage. Since I'm having this in solo missions as well, it can't be due to lag or so.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Ah, well, you must know, that a long time ago in a galaxy far away this thread was titled "Help fix Nyx". And it was a good thread. We pointed out many problems with Nyx and her skills and made suggestions on how to improve her. Then Nyx got some fixes (alas no real rework yet) and people forgot this thread. But I still remembered it and so I chose it to bring attention to the current problems with her.

I've noticed lately, that using Absorb against Infested is a pretty good way to get yourself downed. I saw that some time ago on another player when doing Xini. He put it down to him being rather low-level and having only little shield and health. But today, it happened to me as well, and my Nyx is lvl30 and has 660 shield, 580 health. And there wasn't even a Toxic around.

And then it happened again in the Darvo-alert. Stalker appeared, I hopped into my bubble, he slash-dashed through me three or four times, and when the bubble popped, I went down. So yeah ...

Oh, right - and Psychic Bolts sometimes (feels like 50% of the time, although 20-30% might be more accurate) hit the target (there is nothing blocking their way or so), but don't deal any damage. Since I'm having this in solo missions as well, it can't be due to lag or so.

Absorb isn't supposed to work against Stalker. It's bugged against melee enemies though.

No ability is supposed to work against the Stalker.

Edited by R3leaZ

Well, he didn't use Dispel (like he does when you use Iron Skin and suchlike), so they either forgot it or it's intended. Need to try it the next time he actually comes after me (and maybe doesn't just dash through but uses Dread and Despair). 

However, as it is now, you seem to get the accumulated melee damage when the ability ends, which is a rather bad thing.

Absorb damage is still really lackluster after the hotfix, even with focus, blind rage, and stretch on.

Potential fixes:

1) Make it do radiation-type damage (because the status proc for radiation is confusion, which is Nyx's thing).  This also makes it neutrally-effective against everything, with a bonus to robotic (which  makes absolutely no sense, but that's a problem with radiation-type damage, not with Absorb).

2)  Increase the range, because even with stretch on it's not hitting enough enemies in the room to keep you from getting instantly smoked when you drop out of the bubble.

3)  Give it a 100% status proc (if it doesn't have it already) for everything it hits but doesn't kill, so it adds a little mini-Chaos.  (It seems like it might be doing this right now with Blast damage type, because I'm seeing things at least get knocked down in the AoE...which still seems pretty tiny.)

4)  Increase the base damage output.  I'm spending 10 seconds doing nothing, when my Soma could be spraying in the hundred-thousand damage range in the same timeframe.  I realize that you get some additional benefits (shield regen, a little CC because of the distraction effect, etc.) from Absorb, so its damage output doesn't have to be top-tier, but right now using it is kind of a waste of time.  The maximized base damage is about half of a single properly-modded Soma crit shot, which is pretty pathetic.

Oh, another thing that I had almost forgotten: With all those new damage and status types and their respective effects, Mind Control needs some proper animation / indicator more than ever.

As Ailith said, Allies like shooting glowing things

So unless you're playing solo or with your friends and coordinating via TS, this ability is almost useless. I've proposed to put a EC marionette handle above the respective enemy's head. And I still think, that's a good idea.

I feel like absorb is more underwhelming now than it was before damage 2.0 and the bolts really got #*($%%@ on their usefulness thanks to being assigned the slash damage type now that serrated blade is gone.

Edited by Ivalician

Well, since Bolts have almost nigh status chance, their type of damage is pretty trivial. Thinking about their nature, they should have a high status chance (at least 50%). I'm not entirely sure about the damage type. Impact would be (lore-wise) perfect if they had a high chance of head-shotting ...